[RANT] Help me leave?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sefl, Oct 17, 2020.

1. As a newer member this is interesting to hear. I've been playing MC for just about a yr. First RLcraft, then Sevtech Ages, then got interested in a vanilla multi-player server.

ME: I came here (to EMC) after looking at several other open servers and found this to be the most enjoyable (as far as # of people to interact with etc), but compared to some servers that different streamers host on the side this one does appear to have quite the censorship, a lot of newer members joining but many maybe not staying (idk if this is a common MC server issue). EMCs rupee and sign trade system are great, as is the eggify feature but things like adjustments that affect basic mob farming are annoying as it causes one to take almost universal approaches to a vanilla functionality and rework them due to things like EMC mob changes.

I don't support the idea of censorship at all in life as a principle, but considering this is a 'family friendly' server that is legit enough to understand profanity isn't usable in public chats. Don't know the full details but censoring critics (even among your customers) is never beneficial in the long.I got interested in a public server in the first place after watching Mumbo's group while in single-player world myself. As for a YT style approach to streaming and maybe making $ from that I look to the aforemention's group and how they keep things interesting and episodic w/ some doing live-streams as well. Without mini-games, mock civil wars, pranks, build challenges, etc MC can indeed get dull and the interest can wane. Or at least I could foresee that for those that've played for years.
    I played EVE for like 10yrs and no doubt have 10k hrs + sunk into that. Love the game, but at the same time that particular game isn't as 'creative' as MC block building is. It is a truly massive ORPG so you can always change what you do (even when multiple things) and after a yr change focus enough to still enjoy it. You leave for maybe 3mo-1yr and come back and its fresh again, but you still have all your progress.

^^ Related to this I'd say if you have a perm derelict protection vouch then maybe walk away for 3months. Try woodworking, Kerbal Space Program (with a couple mods I'll recommend if you do), reading books, DIY projects etc. OR even just a MC modpack like RLcraft or Sevtech (two great ones IMO). Don't forget about EMC as I'm saying it DOES appear to be one of the best free/open multiplayer servers, but then drop back in with a rough idea in mind about what you may want to do. If it seems exciting again, then you just needed a break; if it still seems a bit dull or more stress than maybe you've put your time into EMC and that chapter may be coming to a close for you.

Life is ephemeral; just like the sand castle at low-tide, all things we do are temporary and will one day end. The MC craze/play itself will as well, even if it alive for another 20yrs; its use too shall come to pass. You can make more money, gain more knowledge, new friends, but you can't get back time EVER. So use your time as you see fit ultimately. Not just advise on your current dilemma but life advise. :)
  2. me being me (faded), i can't be serious, because then i get upset and the old faded comes out and it gets ugly. while i know stream team meant quite a bit to you, mate, in reality its not all you think it is. it is relatively inactive and there are no perks (imo) and you have a restricted audience and restrictions on content (as you have mentioned in the past). i think you can still do your own thing based on playing on EMC... it doesnt need to be official.

all in all, mate, don't leave us. i feel as though you leaving will make EMC worse, as if it hasn't already lost plenty of active, large contributors of the once thriving community.

as always, reach out when you want to talk. ill always be there, mate.

faded
  3. Figured I should finally respond to this now that I've got quite the feedback and support from yall! :rolleyes:

I'll most likely still be around just chatting and an occasional (not official) Stream here and there but I doubt I'll be as active in the economy as I once was.... well what economy is left :oops:

Thank you guys so much for all the responses means a lot my guys! <3
  4. I'm glad to hear you're not leaving! Take your time, it's a good thing to slow down sometimes, and take a step back. See ya around Sefl! :D
    sonicol, Nickblockmaster and Sefl like this.
  5. Alright, glad you’re still going to be here buddy! Take it easy out there! ✌️

Yeah... :( Economy is withering away.
    KatydidBuild, DaddyDNon and sonicol like this.

6. Wait, there's still an economy? o.(o)

Anywho, I've "quit" before. But I can't just leave my years worth of work. So I basically have now taken a backseat and don't even dare touch or suggest anything at this point due to not wanting to bring attention to myself. Volunteers will do the best they can, but it's not like management of paid workers. They try their best, but I have had countless disagreements with how things are handled here but I am one guy against a bunch of other people. So in the end we just gotta accept that change is almost never coming to such a large server at this point. I completely resonate with you. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.
  7. Sorry to bump an old post. But Sefl I hope you always stay. You're my EMC twin after all - we joined within a couple of days of each other.

It seems there are many incidences of community-minded members being policed instead of supported. Community and the players are what matters.

Love your work, even when you make a mess, bad turtle! :p

8. 😂

Turtle withered smp7 waste.
    How apropos was this comment.
  9. As most of you all know i am new here, ive only been on the server for a month now. I love showing up to all the streams you do and i think you do a great job with your small comunity, i dont think you should "quit" though i have been in a comunity that i dont have fun playing with though i make it a point to stop by every week just to say hi. i hope you do that at the least :)
  10. A watermelon baking in the sun. #Don'tLeave
  11. So I figured I'd update here and my stream thread which I will reporting to be closed, I'm not leaving EMC "technically" but I will no longer be streaming on EMC. I've got an opportunity "elsewhere" (another server) With everything that's happened / happening I feel as though my time on EMC has been amazing and I love all y'all.

I just want to thank all of you guys who have supported me and all my friends I've made over the past 7 years on EMC the 10,000+ Hours I've spent on EMC I've enjoyed every last one of them. I will still be active somewhat in game but like I said I will no longer be streaming here :oops:
  12. But who will stream massive nether explosions then?
    KatydidBuild, HazardousCode and Sefl like this.