Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Haha, that's cool! I like how some of the sand landed on the roads :p
    ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  2. Yeah, about that... Before someone thinks we're a bunch of vandals (I suppose they would be right though): it has been taken care off. LBoss had a really good deal with selling off some promo's and decided to move his main residence from SMP1 to SMP2 (yaay, a new neighbor!). Our own Boulder came crashing in like a... well, yeah: boulder (read: LB made the request to Senior Staff and no longer than 2 - 3 minutes later (!) Boulder was on the case!). Yes: LB got lucky :)

After picking up the whole res. and dumping it into an empty spot on SMP2 he even picked up his broom, swooped over and removed the sand. So no problems anymore ;)

Of course we told him the truth about it, so now GripCEO has to spend a few hours on the timeout seat :D (naah!).
    Kytula likes this.

3. Koala at day, comedian by night ;)
  4. Large collection of Rhythmically and Dufne being weird.

5. Wait... then this means... I'm the normal one in the group? :confused:
  6. I know it was a "joke", but it's probably not a great idea to publicly post semi-private conversations about pedophiles when this is a game/site for mostly kids.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  7. For mostly kids? The server, perhaps, but the forum, not, I think...
  8. Commands?
  9. You'd be surprised. One of the people in that screenshot is under 12 as far as I know. I just don't think it's appropriate as someone that has a kid on emc.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  10. A lot of them
  11. Yeah, in that screenshot. The screenshot is from in-game.
    You have a point, I know, but I'm not sure if this would be a problem.
  12. You can get the commandblock command here.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I don't think it's appropriate anywhere, but I can't control people's private conversations. I'm just saying I don't think it's appropriate to be publicly posted on a site for a game that is mostly used by people 17 and younger, which here is considered a minor. I'm just surprised that it's allowed.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  14. I have given this post quite some thought before responding (I usually write ad-hoc) but...

Although I see your point I still think its not a bad thing. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with pointing out the bad things in live, if done within moderation. It is a difficult subject, but what mature subject isn't? Rhythmically even got the context on-par; when children who are not familiar with the term see this then they can still realize that whatever it is, it is bad news(tm). Which is in my opinion a very good thing.

The thing is: you and me respond because we know what we're talking about. The category of players you refer to most likely doesn't. Right now it only becomes more serious because we're addressing it. In the end I think the worst they'll pick up is the context, and that context makes it quite clear that this is bad stuff.

Just my 2 cents obviously.
    kaptrix and 607 like this.
  15. I understand what you're saying. I'm not specifically criticizing anyone, or at least that isn't my intent. I guess it's different because I'm a parent and also because I work alongside law enforcement, so I see the issue in real life more than a normal person would. My son doesn't get on the forums, but he does play in game. I do know that there are children (by children, I mean 15ish and younger I guess) that regularly use the forums though. I know that I'm making it more serious than it was meant to come off as, but as a parent I wouldn't want my child to see that on a site like this. I could understand if they overheard it on the news or some other site that's more PG13 rated, but when I think of emc I think of more G rated and "safe" in a sense compared to other sites. I'm not naive. I'm sure a lot of the children I'm talking about have already seen it and may already know what it is. I guess I'm just in a way trying to protect the "innocence" of the ones who don't know. The ones that may end up googling it because they saw it here.
  16. Good point. From my own experience, though: EMC, with a mixture of kids, teens who (mostly) know what they're doing and (mostly) wise adults, is a safer environment for encountering this kind of stuff than an elementary school's class, with all kids that start giggling and provoking at anything relating to "mature" subjects like this. And honestly: I've never seen a teacher doing anything about dirty talk.
    Sorry, this is getting off-topic, but I wanted to clear my mind about this.

Edit: again, good point, and even though I would not report a post like the one we're talking about now, I would definitely not post it myself, just to be sure :)
    ShelLuser, Hashhog and kaptrix like this.
  17. What does that make me then :confused:
  18. You're equally abnormal... You left some strange, strange gifts for us at the base at times. >_>
    ShelLuser and Dufne like this.
  19. ...let's not go there.
    Dufne likes this.

20. I know this isn't anything super-special but when mining & hunting for Momentus on SMP2's wasteland I suddenly came across this scenery. This is the kind of area which really appeals to me for 'doing' something. If the wastelands weren't to reset on short notice I'd probably have chopped those trees down and build a small mining base here.

The biome is also known as Extreme Hills+, its more or less an extended version of the regular Extreme Hills biome, and as said: I think it looks pretty impressive.
    Rhythmically, 607 and LtCaptainMe like this.