Rainbow Banner? (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hoops_McCann, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In some cases, the wisdom of one's elders is not always in their best interest. My family is one, who if they ever found out my sexuality would kick me out, that was raced on homophobic and rather racist beliefs. I'm young, and I don't claim to know as much as my elders, but I feel I haven't a base understanding that this is wrong. Heck, I live in Baltimore City (a predominantly minority city), and I feel I can recognize that these are, to be frank, wrong. As Aikar said, letting the youths discuss lets them formulate their own ideas, and helps them grow as people, while still learning from those around them. I don't think I worded that too well, but maybe my point got across?
  2. When did you choose to be straight?
  3. If you're angry because EMC is supporting EQUALITY, you probably need to get off the internet for a while and think about your life.

Jack, Aikar, Krysyy, I wanna group hug.
  4. Didn't mean to disregard it :) but to simply have more 'sources' than parents alone, so that you can have various sources that convinces you to solidly believe what your parents taught you is correct, rather than accepting it "just because they are older".

But, the way many scenarios play out these days, kids don't have opportunity to learn more than what their parents say OTHER THAN their peers, and EMC is the primary source of many of our players 'peers', since many young people seem to make more friends online and are usually more open to discuss things.

It's healthy, as long as they keep it civil.

Many do take it too far and get aggressive, but if we stopped their ability to be involved in political discussion at all, it would be unhealthy.
  5. I hug my coworkers all the time =P (Alec needs the comfort a lot! He loves to stress himself out more than he should)

*BIG EMC GROUP HUG*
  6. so do you. you have a choice not to be hateful.

You choose love or you choose hate. Hate isn't very nice when you're on the receiving or the giving end of it.

It's gonna be okay. Life is very short and there is so many things about life that are hard. Gotta pay those bills on time. Gotta make sure you eat something so you don't starve. Gotta make sure you're careful on the road so you don't crash into the concrete median. Gotta make sure you're careful when standing underneath a tree so a bird doesn't crap on you. The one thing about life that is easy is choosing to love. All it does is give you good feelings. Come towards the light and love.

ps. Since most of the folks I know that are hateful towards the LGBT community consider themselves Christians, just know that Jesus would not be on your side. Jesus loved. It's man who takes the loving teachings of Jesus and twists them around to hate. Man is fallible, Jesus is not. Be like Jesus and love.
  7. Nah, I didn't have to do that at all... for you see:
    So evidently, YOU completely missed the part where PenguinDJ said "without finding something you don't like with the word choice" and you decided to leap to a snap judgment about it as such.
    And that's why PenguinDJ is done with you, responding with a sarcastic "Thank you." If I were him, I would've done the same at that point, because by that time you already showed your true colors.

Welp,
    1. It takes one to know one, and
    2. I don't have to judge your character. You're already displaying it.

Also,
    "just being curious"
    doesn't mean
    "I wanna know so I can turn this thread into an Empire Dramacraft thread and chew out the staff for making a decision I deem inappropriate since I apparently have administrative authority to do so and because I'm older and an adult so I obviously know better and stuff."
    Try again.
    Surprised you never brought up that point when I mentioned it.

"it was exactly the kind of reaction I was afraid of"
    Then why make the thread in the first place? To incite drama over a RAINBOW??
    If this is what you were "afraid" of then I feel sorry for you because the people that this rainbow supports are "afraid" of so much worse.

Now, just in case some people here think I'm only sticking around to take a jab at a single user, I'm going to put my OWN two cents into this:

I honestly loved the idea for the rainbow banner. In fact, I thought it was pretty cool because it was the first time I had ever seen that done on this site at all. I was amazed, in fact! When I saw it, my first reactions were "Oh - a rainbow! How cool is that?" :D I never once had any initial thoughts like "oh no they're supporting gays what is EMC coming to" like a few people already have, seemingly enough. In fact, quite the contrary: now that I know the reason behind the rainbow, I'm a lot more supportive of it. Yeah sure, if you're straight you already have these laws put into place to protect you, but if you're anything BUT (or just any part of the LGBTQ+ community), you have many a hurdle to leap over before you can be "accepted" by society, and even moreso, even if you WERE allowed to legally marry, society could still do things to you because of your choice of sexuality. How often have you ever had a straight couple killed or even just frowned upon for being straight? ...Raise of hands...? Yeah. Thought so.

Finally, I'd like to end with these:

Freedom of speech is fine as long as it's not intentionally hurting anyone. And no, this isn't hurting anyone at all. If you're hurt somehow by a pretty rainbow on a website forum thinking that your "internet game" is ruined because of said rainbow then you really need to evaluate your life decisions, turn off your computer, and go outside into the real world. We're all real people on here typing these forum posts, and that's what these people need to realize. Sure, it's an "internet game," but we all met through this "internet game" and if we're not allowed to share ideas, thoughts, or vents with each other outside the walls of an "internet game" on just the internet itself, then EMC wouldn't be as awesome and tight-knit of a community as it is now.

To whoever took the time to read all of this: thank you.
  8. I GOT MY HUG!!!!!!!
    crystaldragon13 and wkramer79 like this.
  9. CDJS1987, be jealous.
    AnonReturns and crystaldragon13 like this.
  10. Your name makes me hungry...
    TigerstarMC and FirstJugBurgerz like this.
  11. -Hugs x7mx-
    x7mx likes this.
  12. I'm going to say one thing. Just because you are offended doesn't mean you're right.
  13. Wait woah I'm not offended, if this is directed at me
  14. Makes a lot of peeps hungry
  15. No, its directed at the thread in general. Anyone who may, or will be, offended by it
    FirstJugBurgerz likes this.
  16. To be fair, I said I hugged all of EMC :p
    x7mx, PenguinDJ and cadenman2002 like this.
  17. Nah, it's not; it's more-or-less directed at people like... um... not naming anyone... but check my posts on the thread; that's all I'm gonna say ^^;

also... I really, REALLY don't wanna do this, but... I have to take another jab here:

THIS IS THE KIND OF MENTALITY THAT IS GOING TO DESTROY US AS A WHOLE.

Ironically because of this:
    The lessons of the past were learned from the PEOPLE of the past.
    We "repeat the past" because of the same people who were a part of that said past.
    All these events happening and the LGBTQ+ community becoming known?
    Yeah.
    LGBTQ+ people have always been around.
    It's only just now that they're breaking the norm because "repeating the past" is the one thing they're trying NOT to do.

If you can't see that then heck, I feel sorry for your own kids, if you have any.
  18. And this is why I am against it. The message I'm getting from this is that I'm not allowed to have my own views on things and that I must think like you, or I'm wrong, homophobic, and a bad person all together. I hate being told that my own views are wrong and that I'm a bad person because of them. I'm not going to go around harassing gay people just because they exist. This is also why a good amount of people are against it. They're tired of it being shoved down their throat that they HAVE to support equal rights, or they're terrible people
    FWRonald, BrenJone and Kephras like this.
  19. FINALLY!!! Someone spoke of the truth about the danger of this ruling!!! I'm almost certain that this ruling will create more problems then resolve. I feel bad for the business owners that have to be forced to service someone that contradicts their beliefs or be shutout of business and be forced to pay a huge fine.

I would like to say that I don't hate gay people, I just don't believe in gay marriage because I see marriage as a coming of man and woman to bring new life into the world. I would go on more but I feel that writing anymore would bring on huge fights and would have to result in essay long responses.

P.S. The Bible does not say to kill gays, if you were actually competent and read more than a couple of verses in the Bible then you would know that the Bible does not say to kill gays, the Catholic Church has said over and over that all people are created equal, the Catholic Church's definition of Holy Matrimony is and quote: "covenant by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life and which is ordered by its nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring."
    Lance2013 and slash14459 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.