Rainbow Banner? (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hoops_McCann, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I even knew about the decision as soon as it happened (has to do with my work) and I still thought my screen was broken/glitched for some reason. You are not alone =P
    luckycordel and yankees518 like this.
  2. I don't mind the rainbow background, it doesn't bug me that much. But, no offence to the person who made it, the rainbow in the logo looks lazily made and very out of place.
    yankees518 likes this.
  3. No offense taken, but it's the same as the March logo without the leprechaun and pot of gold. The other one clashed too much.
    607 likes this.
  4. Can we get the normal logo? As I have said above, it is a bit redundant and unneeded as we have the actual banner.
    slash14459 likes this.
  5. mneh well survive for a few more hours... ill take it down when I go to bed.
  6. The way the normal logo lines up, it doesn't work will because of the background. The current one boosts it up enough to not blend in. Just ignore it if you don't like it.
    yankees518 likes this.
  7. I don't even have to read all of the comments here(but I will be going back and reading when I can)... but what i do want to do is say .. I am so proud to even be associated with this server and it's owner who supports the rights of all people regardless. I also acknowledge that there are those who oppose this to heir very core.. I can't say I understand or agree but I can hold them with care in my heart as well.
    Oh My G(insert your choice here)! isn't it a beautiful thing that we can voice our beliefs freely and openly? This was a wonderful leap forward toward all people having that choice but still many steps left to go for the rest of humanity.
    I also realize yet again why I love it here .. my community where I choose to be.

crystaldragon13
    PenguinDJ, Xinn, Dramanya and 3 others like this.
  8. Wow some people can really be annoying... I love the banner, i get the message and i stay fully behind it!
  9. ;-; you don't really have to do you Aikar?
    PandasEatRamen and kuraudochuu like this.
  10. heh, it's to celebrate today's events, tomorrow its not really relevant. Just like every other large website is doing :)
    607 likes this.
  11. Ooookaaaaay. I will enjoy it while i can then. =]
    kuraudochuu likes this.
  12. They do have a choice...
  13. 3. Eating fat (3:17)
    5. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed (5:1)
    6. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about (5:1)
    8. Carelessly making an oath (5:4)
    9. Deceiving a neighbour about something trusted to them (6:2)
    10. Finding lost property and lying about it (6:3)
    12. Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)
    13. Tearing your clothes (10:6)
    14. Drinking alcohol in holy places (bit of a problem for Catholics, this ‘un) (10:9)
    17. Eating – or touching the carcass of – any seafood without fins or scales (11:10-12)
    23. Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4)
    24. Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5)
    39. Having sex with a man “as one does with a woman” (18:22)
    44. Stealing (19:11)
    45. Lying (19:11)
    46. Swearing falsely on God’s name (19:12)
    51. Spreading slander (19:16)
    53. Seeking revenge or bearing a grudge (19:18)
    54. Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19)
    55. Cross-breeding animals (19:19)
    58. Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23)
    60. Trimming your beard (19:27)
    61. Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27)
    62. Getting tattoos (19:28)
    65. Not standing in the presence of the elderly (19:32)
    66. Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born” (19:33-34)
    68. Cursing your father or mother (punishable by death) (20:9)

Of 76 things, I trimmed it down to things that you've probably done before, or maybe are doing right now (wearing cotton clothing,) with the inclusion of the 39th mentioned, the 'no gay rule' in The Bible. The Bible was (and this post can be edited as much as the staff see fit, I do not intend to slander any belief systems) written in a time completely different from ours now, as is with the Constitution. In the Constitution, it says things such as women could not vote, leg gunshot meant amputation, a thirteen year old girl could be married off in an arranged marriage, all completely outdated subjects. Comparing it to the Bible, I completely believe in the Constitution, as I'm sure you do with the Bible, but I don't see it fit to follow all those rules there. Times change, and with time change, rules too must be changed, and if you're going to stick to the Bible in the view of not sleeping with a man, stick to the other things not allowed, don't choose to agree with what suits you and your ideas. If you keep those ideals (raised on them, wholeheartedly believe them, whatever it may be), I respect that, but don't bring a sacred text into it.
  14. I know you said your stepping away, but hoping you read this response.

I invite you to look at young people participating in political discussion on this site a different way: A huge problem with politics is children are raised to believe what their parents believe, and usually fear 'researching' alternative views in fear of retaliation/punishment for parents. It creates a sheep mentality (believing in something but don't know why you believe in it).

But when young people get involved in politics on the forums, with their PEERS, they get that freedom of exploration without (as much) fear of 'getting caught' for it. They get to see the opinions of their peers on EMC, and potentially see things from their view.

It provides young people opportunity to explore different viewpoints in political debates and finally hit that barrier of making their own decisions regardless of what their parents believe.

We need more people making decisions based on what THEY believe and agree on rather than their parents.

And this statement goes both ways in the political scale.
  15. Of course everyone should have their own well-researched foundation upon which they base the important decisions in their lives. In fact, it's critical to having a healthy, engaged society.

However, I would caution you against disregarding the wisdom of one's elders out of hand. By longevity alone most parents have accumulated far more knowledge and experience than their children. And those who can't, or won't, learn from the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat it.
  16. I love yer banner! =D

edited to add: I am tech challenged .. this was about yankees518's banner. =]
  17. Being hateful, which is what you're being if you are against gay marriage or equal rights even if you don't think that's what you're being, has no place in 2015. Decades ago you could get away with it for a variety of reasons but here in 2015 if you are hateful you will be called out on it 99% of the time. The thing hateful people do these days is keep it to themselves or they only talk about it while watching Fox News with their racist Uncles. (that's a generalization, it could also be your racist Aunt, you get my point)

All that to say that LOVE WINS, hate loses. Don't be a hater. If you try to come up with some logical reason why your hate is okay just know that you lose. The decision has been made. You have to live with your hate or change and choose to love.
  18. How many times are we going to see this garbage? You don't like .. awesome .. move along then. Thread after thread regurgitating the same 'my way or it's wrong' ignorance. For someone who clearly hates this topic you sure can't stay away from it. How you can continue to surround yourself with all these things that anger you is mind boggling....

Ignorance breeds fear. Fear breeds hate. Hate breeds violence. Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
  19. I was really hoping for a Star Wars quote here. Can I get more Yoda next time?
    RainbowChin, khixan and ThaKloned like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.