Question regarding rule #4

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by SchlonkeyKong, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Is AFKing next to personal farms and/or mechanisms ok by the server rules? Furthermore, are there any rules preventing me from using an alt account in the background to keep my farms running?

As an elaboration I do not mean any sort of automated AFK system. I simply mean logging in and sitting a character down in a desired location to simply keep a chunk active and only avoiding AFK by manually moving said character between episodes of the Venture Bros.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Yep, that's fine. There would be an issue if you were automating actions (e.g. auto key press) without actually being there, but just leaving the MC window open is okay. Some of the relevant rules:
    Note that the second quote refers to those same automated actions, not just sitting there :)

We do have an AFK system in place which will kick AFK players on occasion (usually when the server needs to free up slots I believe). The entity limit system also stops any excessive mob grinding while people are AFK.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Roslyn like this.
  3. So I'm assuming the Iron Phoenix wouldn't work on this server?

Edit: The Iron Phoenix is what I intended to build (not exactly, but my own similar variation) before posting this thread. If anyone can confirm or deny whether such a contraption would work on this it would be much appreciated.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I've spoken to a few staff members, and they've told me that this design wouldn't work on most multiplayer servers, unfortunately. I'm not sure what your variations include, but JesusPower2 said that only in single player can you use pistons to make a village reliably, while it's also really sensitive to timings, which are sometimes off in MP. I'm not much of an iron farm/redstone guru so I'd get in touch with him, or someone else might be able to give you some advice if you have any more questions about it :)
  5. This response is perfect and all I really need to know in order to scale down my over-the-top ideas. Thanks!
    607 likes this.
  6. In addition to the above: when in doubt about multi player: escape, and use "open to LAN". This will turn your single player into a LAN server. The LAN part isn't important, but the server part is.

You will notice when things work in your single player world and then suddenly stop working. Because with this you're using an actual server.

Problem here is timing; that is way different between single players and multi player. But this is a good way to test.
    607 likes this.