PvP Againest Griefers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Oct 24, 2012.

?

Should This Happen?

Yes 12 vote(s) 26.1%
No! 34 vote(s) 73.9%
  1. LOLdd.jpg
    marknaaijer likes this.
  2. highsix.jpg
  3. The cons of allowing something like this far outweigh the pros. It could be catastrophic to the community. Allowing any PVP in the empire, outside of sanctioned events, would bring an endless number of logistical issues.
    ZBSDKryten and penfoldex like this.
  4. So I am to just take pictures, report, and walk away.
    Ok.
  5. Well, look at your alternatives

Screenshot, Report, walk away
    Screenshot, Report, PVP, banned forever.

Which one seems better to you?
    IamSaj, 1998golfer, jkjkjk182 and 4 others like this.
  6. Well I just cant stand the fact that I have to just walk away, But just to ask, are there any other solutions that don't include pvp to save your project when the griefer is greifing?
  7. Trapping him?
  8. The greifer wouldn't just stand there, they would likely move.
  9. the only thing that bugged me when this happened to me at my very first base, first few months playing on wcg_elite ... was this decision: the guy destroying my entire base and chest taking my stuff with him ( i didn't know the report feature then) but me tell shade to report and we let him go ... or me kill him and get my stuff back - shade told me not to kill him, so i didn't ... but it was tempting ... but either way - the items were lost forever ... even though i hated the idea - it taught me a few lessons ... 1) don't trust anyone but yourself ... 2) if you pvp to get stuff back it would make you look foolish ... and 3)live map is my enemy
  10. Prevention is far more effective then dealing with the consequences in the long run. Building far away from spawns and outposts increases your protection from lazy griefers, and soon enough we will have ways to claim land in the wild which will be fantastic!! :)
  11. I understand, thank you for your time and help :)
  12. Exactly. That's the challenge of survival! How well can you mask your base? Can you survive outside of town with not only mobs but intelligent players?! I've never been through the LLO, but what the folks there have accomplished is amazing. Sure, it gets griefed occasionally...but it gets rebuilt bigger and better!

And if the threat of griefing is intimidating, well, there's always single player. :)
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  13. I'm not sure you really mean it this way, but I can't agree with the suggestion that I need to hide all of my structures and if they are found by someone and destroyed, it's somehow MY fault. Surviving outside of town shouldn't be part of a game of cat and mouse we play with people trying to destroy and steal.

Regardless of a griefer's intelligence, I don't see that as an interesting part of the game, because we players simply don't have the tools to go after grief and theft like the Staff does. All we can do is watch, report, and rebuild. If we don't have Staff to back us up, we're powerless because hiding is putting the griefers in control of what happens and if I'm doing that I'm not really playing a game anymore. I'm just reacting to what other people are doing.

If you take notice of people's comments, they ARE intimidated by griefers. All talk of spawners/grinders and Wild bases has coordinates omitted because of fear of these people and anyone mentioning coordinates of a place as open and public as the LLO gets chastised for it.

Suggesting that anyone who doesn't want to cower in a little hole in the ground 50k blocks out should go play somewhere else makes me wonder whether we are on the same team or not.

On the other hand, I personally think fearing grief and theft in the Wild is a little silly even though I find myself thinking that way often. It really should be the other way around. If someone is going to steal or destroy on the Wild, they aren't going to want to stay long out of fear of getting caught, so I just don't see how anyone could do enough damage to ever discourage me from building whatever I want, within reason. If I'm smart about what items I use for building and Lock my valuables, there's really nothing for someone to do unless they are just plain stupid. What I've spent hours building will take hours to tear down so my structures can really only be picked at and even that takes time during which someone can be caught.

It's liberating to not feel like I have to hide in a little hole. It puts me in control, not a faceless griefer. I admire the residents of the LLO for this reason. They've gone against the notion that we are powerless and have to hide everything and openly build on such a grand scale in the Wild. It's how it should be, really.

Build your stuff. Be smart about materials, and what you leave lying around. Watch the Live map. If something happens, document it and report it to Staff.
  14. Hater gonna hate
    Griefers gonna grief
    Trolls gonna troll Troll_Face_.png
  15. Thank you for that much need part of this conversation...
    ZBSDKryten and marknaaijer like this.
  16. Lol atachment 8900
  17. High 9001
  18. My opinion:
    1. No. EMC does not allow PVP in any way or form, and this would "mess" with that.
    2. A new excuse for players banned for PVP "I was being griefed!!!"
    Thats my 2 cents..
    bonzd67 likes this.