Pure Vanilla world

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Silken_thread, Apr 6, 2017.

1. With the option of having world linked from town spawn I was wondering it it would be possible to have a portal to a pure vanilla world if not then a pure vanilla server.

When I say pure I am including no enraged or custom mobs of any kind,
    no eggification of villagers or animals
    no shops
    No teleporting apart from /Spawn /Home <- once you have set you home
    /vote <- giving you a token reward to trade for custom head blocks or other normal blocks <- this could be done with villagers at Town Market where villagers would be set up to do trades with.
    Player trading rooms at the market to barter and trade items for items - no money just goods for goods.

Gold farms only in the nether.

Some things could be added to protects server from griefing and hacks, protection of your home. Players would be asked to build outside a border radius of 15k+ before staff help for griefing.

What do you guys think,

As they say variety is the spice of life!!
  2. Hm... why play on EMC, then?
    Icestra, ShelLuser and cubefragment like this.
  3. Because there are awesome people to play with on EMC.
    Silken_thread and AyanamiKun like this.
  4. That is seemingly true. No matter how people want to argue about it - change is a good thing. Diversity amongst gameplay is the only reason why I don't play here nonstop. As much as I am a diehard fan for survival at heart, it becomes plain and it fades with time without any alternatives. It is known. . .

Despite the fact that I do indeed love Empire Minecraft, and the history that I have shared with it, (between my own personal adventures and the people I have come to know) I too wish there were more variety as a whole. It has been nothing shy of a privilege to be a part of this place, but I fear the shine is slowly turning to rust for some of us that have been here long enough to see it.

I alternate from time to time between EMC, and Minigame/Creative servers to clear the air. It just gets stale for me if I play the same thing over and over, but I reckon it can get that way for anyone with due time.

We need alternatives, but we still want to play with our friends of the community within the same community. . .

I support this! What do you think ?
    RaiinNL and Silken_thread like this.
  5. This is just my 2 cents but I can't help wonder how long it will take for all your villagers and/or animals to end up killed ("But it was a wasteland right, for us to mine in?!"), holes dug everywhere (like the area around your average overworld outpost) and players killing each other (a vanilla server setting is to have PVP enabled :D).

I agree that variety can be a good thing, but I can't help wonder why I'd want to play in such a world, or even ask my friends to come play there as well?

Because I can't help worry that it will only be a matter of time before that place turns into a warzone :p

Now, I get it a bit: variety and all. But you can do that yourself as well. There is a very good reason why Aya and myself raided several villages when we were traveling to what is now our official outpost. We plan on setting up a villager trading hub which will consist of at least a farmer, a cleric and some others (blacksmith and leather worker for example).

We'll be farming a lot of vegetables and that is going to get us plenty of emeralds. Which we'll then be using to get items which are normally harder to get (lapis, glowstone, diamond tools, a saddle, etc.). .And those items are then going to help us with the outpost: building and doing stuff.

So basically... I don't think you need staff to set something like this up.

Get some friends together, agree that you all turn off enraged spawning (see your /ps settings), bring villagers, head out into the Frontier (or Waste) and then start with nothing to work your way up. Optionally you can invite others to join you.
    607 likes this.
  6. Well, isn't the EMC we have now more diverse than vanilla? And if survival becomes plain and fades with time... isn't it good that EMC's got more to it than just plain survival?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. While it may be possible to do a pure vanilla, which isn't all bad, why toss in some of the things for /vote. It should be as it is now... Really, you are looking for mixed EMC and vanilla with just things you like, for example a trading room and different reward for voting.

Now keeping in mind, the normal vote rewards, your town res and other smp places (waste and wild) would still be available but would not be able to interact with or take items to or from the vanilla server...

Some of the things mentioned already do not exist in the wild, including stores and most teleport options. See Shell_Users notes which were something I was going to add as well. use the /help then player settings options for difficulty settings as well as turning on enraged mobs and mini-bosses. NOTE: if you set to difficulty 5 (default) then mini bosses will not attack you anyway even if you see them.

If this was ever looked at, maybe if they just put a single portal at spawn for moving back and forth to other EMC server locations this would work. The code would have to work kind of like SMP swaps now though, old inventory stays with old location and new vanilla inventory stays there only.
    607 likes this.
  8. Put this in the games server.
    Silken_thread and AyanamiKun like this.
  9. I like this idea, but I'm the kind of person who actually enjoys earning the things they have.
    Silken_thread, mjnoe70 and AyanamiKun like this.
  10. Spawn would be protected with a booster tp to a random area 500 blocks or so out to overcome local mining of potholes, close to spawn. Area could also be maintained by staff allocated to helping on this server.

Clearly you answered your own question here. This type of server would not suit you.

Rules on pvp would have to be applied and no combat unless both parties agreed to it. Also no inventory drop would help in this regard, and you would respawn at your bed-spawn set.

As with all servers rules would be required, respect for each other, all servers will have some form of griefing that's just mc life, but very few ppl will travel thousands of blocks with no world map guide them to try and find a base to rade.

Shulker boxes now give the game a safe place to store your valuables so not so much need for locked chests.
  11. EMC like many servers rely on votes, the rewards would be tokens nothing more than a trade such as 5 vote carrots for a stack of clay blocks simple items that are already in the game, nothing special more of an incentive for voting, nothing valuable like diamonds.

This is correct. Move between servers but not transfer items

Good points
  12. To Quote Azoundria

TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  13. I agree on voting, love it... Do it to support the server if the server gave you an option you like. Again, existing rewards would still benefit you if you ever leave to go to town, wild or waste. In a pure vanilla server those things should not be included. Optionally, PVP enabled and dropping the no griefing probably should apply. I would say they could have that random tele out from spawn, do like that at least 500 blocks with a reset of that "protected area" or just plain protect it with world edit. The one catch is someone really being a pain will just use the same random tele to find someones location to destroy if they are bent on doing that. PVP and DROP items are both interesting but I guess how someone decides vanilla is questionable in its own.
  14. I play complete survival at my outpost. I have emc custom mobs turn off so I get survival. I also never egg animals...

If that's more what you are looking for...
    607 likes this.