Progress on the reboot of Higgs' Boson

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by bitemenow15, Feb 18, 2017.

1. so way back in the day I had an outpost that was getting started that looked like this:

well I am now rebooting that wildbase, and will be keeping track of my progress here
  2. so istarted by demolishing everything except for the oldest building and flattening things:

3. currently I'm working on the entryway:

4. What smp if you don't mind answering ?
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  5. smp6
  6. just an idea of the scope and area ill be dealing with:

the area to the south is merkymind's however he gave up rights to me when the outpost was originally founded so if i need to edit things I'm authorised (atleast according to the mods)
  7. This looks pretty awesome Biteme! Thanks for the updates, gives a nice sense of your progress so far :)
    Equinox_Boss, bitemenow15 and 607 like this.
  8. at the moment im deciding where i want to put the buildings so i can place the roads first i want it to have kind of a winterfell feel but with my own unique spin.

im currently working on making all the (base) walls uniform height and adding guard towers to areas

once that is done ill expand the walls minorly so they are three wide and have paths to walk. then i will place the roads and lay out where each building will go.

i also need to work on some of the tunnel systems as i want a rather complex network underground system of catacombs that lead from building to building in a labyrinthian way. this is just me working so its grueling sometimes haha
    khixan and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. decided to make the walls 5 thick and have an idea where the main roads are going to go after flattening everything a bit more
    MeadMaker, Equinox_Boss and Roslyn like this.
  10. so i got it all flattened how i want it and started working on the first underground area that new arrivals will see

this is the newby storage area where public supplies of goods will be:

along with an entrance down into the catacombs:
  11. been working on the area of the roads atm, i think the design ive settled on is something like this let me know what yall think:
    Noebadi and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Interesting. Not ugly, but a bit busy for my taste. Maybe replace one of the textured blocks for more of a solid color. If cost is not too much of a barrier, perhaps try coal blocks in place of the ore?

Love that you're doing this. Might inspire me to go out to my old upstart of an outpost and do something more with it.
    607 and bitemenow15 like this.
  13. Still working on the roads, trying to make a natural looking arch too over by that mountain going to start laying foundation for the buildings soon
  14. Nickblockmaster likes this.
  15. I think im going to open up membership after i get merkyminds old island sorted out and the rail system the way i want it
    So if anyone knows a good application system to use hit me up
  16. I remember stumbling upon that outpost while traveling - few months ago, before the changes you describe here. It was quite a distinct experience - refreshing, original, true, earthy and cool. Like when the ground is about to thaw in early spring.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. yeah there used to be a few people that lived there, i hope to open it up to others when i finish everything that i want done. progress has been slowed recently
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  18. some updates, its been a while since i managed to get out here and do some work.

got the first guard tower done as well as a little section of the wall:

Also got one of the smaller buildings mostly done, im still tinkering with it a little (particularly the interior) and i need to work on the zombie trap underneath it but here is it so far:
  19. finished the second gatehouse and am working on a number of projects here simultaneously

weeh, Sazukemono and AncientTower like this.
  20. Looks really cool, I like it