[Poll] What is your LEAST favorite custom mob?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 5, 2017.

?

What is your LEAST favorite custom mob?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2017.
Momentus 3 vote(s) 4.4%
Marlix 25 vote(s) 36.8%
Blizz' Ard 3 vote(s) 4.4%
Enraged zombie 1 vote(s) 1.5%
Enraged skeleton 1 vote(s) 1.5%
Enraged creeper 2 vote(s) 2.9%
Nether hounds 22 vote(s) 32.4%
Enraged guardians (come out when fighting Momentus/Marlix). 8 vote(s) 11.8%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 3 vote(s) 4.4%
  1. It takes you only 20? I've spent 30-40 before.

2. Netherhounds. Some nether spawns end up surrounded by them and I never feel like fighting them. Maybe new players don't know about their spawn settings and end up attracting a bunch of them. I have my spawn settings off and my difficulty set to 1, please just let me mine in peace... :(
    TuckerAmbr and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Definitely Marlix. Trying to chase and kill him is the absolute worst. Especially when he decides he wants to fly into a giant dark oak tree forest. You would think that would make it easier. You would be very wrong.
  4. I voted Marlix, as I mentioned earlier, but the nether hounds are definitely rising up in the ranks of my disliked mobs :) Last week while I was working on my outpost it almost seemed as if they kept coming and coming and coming. Right up to a bizarre level: I entered a dug out hallway to scout for danger and nothing to be seen. So I walk back to the room with the nether portal and.. you guessed it: there they were waiting.

On the positive side I did manage to sent one into /dev/null by pushing it into the nether portal. It got transported and because there were no players on the other side I assume it went poof :)
  5. And a small bump. The poll will end this weekend, then we'll finally be able to focus our attention on our favorite mob; finding the one which makes us all jump in the air before grabbing our gear and running off to finish it ;)

I think it's quite interesting to see how Marlix managed to retain the lead over the nether hounds in this. Not too surprising I guess because the chances of coming across a Marlix are likely always higher than having battle it out with a netherhound. After all: some players actually avoid the nether entirely because of the more dangerous environment (ignoring the nether hounds here). But if you like mining (overworld) there's always a chance to run into Marlix ;)
  6. Items dont burn in fire anymore since the update....
  7. What might be making Netherhounds wander all over the Nether worlds is that wild wolves now no longer despawn; Netherhounds are custom wolves.
    ShelLuser and JognKid like this.
  8. Despise Marlix because I can never seem to land a single hit, even it I manage to corral it under ground to contain it to TRY and make a hit.

I avoid them now like the plague, or if I have it aggroed I try to lead it away from where I was working, saddle up and peace out back to my work space....

I will admit, nether hounds are bad, or atleast their spawn rate can be. But I'd rather fight them over a marlix.....
  9. I deeply hate Marlix with a burning passion :p
  10. We have a winner!

One year ago (December 2015) I held the same poll; the winner at that time was also Marlix but with 30 votes (60% of the votes) and the Nether hounds also came second but with only 7 votes (14%) and ending in third place were the enraged skeletons (5 votes / 10%). This year, as you can see above, Marlix won by 25 votes (37%) while the Nether hounds got 22 votes (32%). And the runner up are the enraged guardians with 8 votes / 12%.

Conclusion: Marlix became more popular (in comparison to last year) while the Nether hounds became more hated :eek:

This calls for a reward!

So I made CME_2017 (Custom Mob Event 2017) as a nice congratulations:

Everyone would love to win this,right? :D

SO with the CME book in hand I set out to reward Marlix:

Unfortunately I didn't succeed, all I found was Momentus, and he wouldn't even listen to me :(

SO we need to find a way to reward Marlix with this book :D

Maybe we could make an event out of that event, who knows ;)

Does anyone have any creative ideas to reward Marlix? :)
    Scarmanzer likes this.
  11. Well... I'm an angel... and to be a good angel you need to be a good shot with bow and arrow. I've taken Marlix down many times :D. My least favorite would be the netherhounds, they get up to you pretty quick and starting knawing on your legs. A couple netherhounds is no biggie, but when you get 10 of them to come down on you at once, this angel falls :(
  12. Looks like netherhound and Marlixs are in the lead for the most hated mobs. I wouldn't say Marlix myself cause they keep to themselves if you don't touch them. However, Netherhound will tear you apart in the nether when you least expect it. That's all I got to say about that. :p
    AhsokaTower likes this.
  13. I don't like mobs, as I'm absolutely terrible at killing them, but I would have to say either Marlix or Netherhounds. Marlix is literally impossible to kill, he's in the air for goodness sake. While netherhounds, I've never really had a tussle with them, but they do prevent me from going to the outpost I'm part of, always blocking the way. So I probably couldn't pick between them, but they're both terrible to fight ;)