[POLL] Rainbow Theme: Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Rainbow theme?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2018.
Yay! Rainbows for days! 84 vote(s) 79.2%
Nay. Colors aren't my thing. 22 vote(s) 20.8%
  1. that moment when you have double the tokens Krysyy does
  2. Idk if I'd use it or not (depending on how it looks), but here is a yes from me ^^
    rhxa likes this.
  3. PLEASE

I live for rainbows !!!!!!!!!
  4. Dont you think he will find out? (You posted it on "Home"):confused:
    rhxa likes this.
  5. im sure there are people that would use this. too many colors just messes with my vision though so id abstain. but people should have the option
    rhxa likes this.
  6. Easiest way to keep something hidden. Post it in plain sight ;)
    MoreMoople, ItsMeWolffpack and 607 like this.
  7. How to play Hide in Seek
  8. Ooh, I like it!!
  9. yes please
  10. A small question: what exact things are you able to manipulate independently and how can you choose in between colours? If you're choosing the colours by RGB you might want to fiddle around alittle bit with the colours you use: they don't all have to be the basis colours we always see :p

Also, I did spend 15 minutes looking into what I would do, I noticed that you didn't let the colours flow into others, which seem to be what a rainbow is all about to me.
    I have to admit that it is really hard though, my main problem is the EMC and TEXP logo: they're the same colour, but both on differnt places... I'll show you what I did though:

Yeah, I know, it isn't that good, but there is one part of it that I like, which is why I show it to you. Due to me not using the colours you aren't the stereotypical version of the base colour, it seems like there is more transition as when you're using the plain colours. I think that is because you usually only see those colours in transitions, but that's just guessing. It anyway really seems to work. (also: do use 195 0 69, it's an amazing colour :p )
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  11. I see what you mean, but I do really like the idea of combining the themes (except for Silver & Gold) into one.
  12. I CAN edit pretty much every aspect of the forum colors. I'm not doing so, because this is a theme, not a paint job.

The color of the bar at top (dark blue) is the same in code as the one on the date tabs (lime green), so this wouldn't be 2 dif colors.
    As for the colors not blending in to the next color, I think you might be looking at the wrong picture of mine. My colors go from top being red/orange, then a yellow line, then green text in the join ip, then down to blue navigation tabs and down to the purple bar. I'm pretty sure that's how a rainbow goes. As for colors, I'm choosing the ones that work well with the text colors being shades of gray. I could change those too, but not really wanting to.
    607 likes this.
  13. Sazukemono and ItsMeWolffpack like this.
  14. Sure, I am a true perfectionist with basically everything, but mainly aestethics. It's not wierd for me to hear someone say I'm trying to take it too far. (irl I often hear: "Jelle isn't critical about it, so it must be really good")

You did mis my point a little bit though: I never says you were using the wrong order, or that the colours are specificly wrong, I said that you aren't letting them flow mainly due to you using "purple" and "blue" I am personally offended when people talk about colours and say something is "purple" or "blue" or "red": There is a world of colour in between it.
    Also, I tested a little bit: the grey tones xenforno uses are literally shades of gray: usually they have a tone to them, but thease all are x x x. I cannot think of a colour that does not go with a perfect gray like that: either your pc is in "night mode" currently, making everything yellow, or the other colours you're using don't match, which makes the gray turn out funky, which is a fenomenon I learned exists the hard way. :p
  15. This is not the same blue that is on the other pages. I'm not choosing by rbg code or anything. I'm choosing with a color selection tool and just randomly clicking a blue shade that I think works well. Dark blue looked really funky with the light gray, so I stayed away from that. Believe it or not, some colors do look funky with gray. For that reason 'indigo' won't be in this rainbow.

The issue here is that your 'true perfection' is defined by what you think is perfection, not by what another person may think. I do advise that you work on this trait. Perfect to you may be not perfect to someone else. So instead of striving for perfection, especially in something that isn't your project, you should learn to give constructive criticism and not always feel the need to correct everything.
  16. You all voted and I'm happy to say this is now a thing.

Join in on the Work in Progress by selecting the Rainbow theme in your preferences.

Note: Aspects are subject to change without any warning and you may be horrified by the results, but what's life without a little risk?

2nd note: Let's get COLORFUL!!!
    607, Sazukemono, FunWart and 3 others like this.
  17. #LetsGetColorey
    Sazukemono, aaadam12 and rhxa like this.
  18. Oh my gwish i LOVE IT!!! 😍
  19. Anyone needing help finding the prefrences thing, easiest way is to go to the bottom of the desktop view and click the color tab!
    607, MoreMoople and PeculiarPotato like this.