[POLL] Facebook Live?

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Feb 15, 2018.

?

Would you watch EMC Facebook Live?

Yes 42 vote(s) 48.8%
No 44 vote(s) 51.2%
  1. I believe if you guys were to use Youtube to stream it, you would get a bigger audience. However--- yes, I would watch it if you decided to go with facebook.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  2. I would love to see how things are done behind the scene sometimes. Be great.
  3. I will watch regardless of the platform :)

Have only watched a few facebook live things mostly for sporting events; have seen more youtube live for gaming related things. Might wanna try facebook this time, then maybe youtube next time to see what you prefer?
  4. I don't mind either but I might watch
    Eviltoade likes this.
  5. If you used Twitch or YouTube to stream it would be way much better and you would have more of EMC watching it.
    Anywho, no I wouldn't watch it if it was on Facebook because I don't have Facebook and I dislike it.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  6. I wouldn't watch for the simple reason that I don't have a Facebook account, don't wish to have one, and as far as I know you need that in order to watch video's on Facebook. I conclude as much based on WWE's recent events in which they hold mixed team matches but exclusively on Facebook. As was to be expected Facebook doesn't seem to like it if you try to watch without joining up ;)

The reason why I suspect this to be a mandatory setting is because WWE is pretty desperate as of late to gain more coverage (for example: they even air freely to watch episodes of their main programs on Youtube), yet on Facebook it's blocked for some reason :)
    MerRhyAndBright and SkeleTin007 like this.
  7. Youtube and Facebook sound like the best options to me at this point for your situation, I can't think of any others that would be easier (other than twitch, but i'm not sure how easy twitch is).
    ttyler333 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  8. Facebook or YouTube I would watch.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  9. I am totally up for watching it on any platform you choose, as long as it works from my phone =)
  10. shao!
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  11. wait was everyone entered if so what did i get or did we have to be present
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  12. You entered giveaway by posting on valentine giveaway thread, prizes will be sent during the weekend
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  13. Ok does anyone know what I got?
  14. It will be announced shortly who won what. I think. I don't know, i didn't participate... :p But it should be soon
  15. Roses are red that is true violets are freaking violet not blue and that is true

XD idk
  16. We tested this morning (one of the staff did) and it's definitely not required. It is something that the host chooses though. We're not necessarily going with Facebook, but we're looking at all options.
    luckycordel likes this.
  17. No.
    I'd want to interact, but I wouldn't want everyone to know my full name without effort.
    I feel like this is a concern some people forgot to consider, or do most people really care that little about their privacy?
  18. Personally, I'd trust YouTube more and have less issues with it. Facebook, in general, is just littered with ads and is, in my experience, just a mess in general when it comes to video playback... YouTube seems more organized and streamlined. I'm gonna have to say no, but whatever y'all do, I'll probably end up watching. :p

EDIT: And what 607 said above - while I know some probably don't care if their name is known, that may bar some people from participating. And it violates Facebook's terms I'm pretty sure to have multiple accounts (shh, don't tell anyone if you break this rule! :p ). YouTube, on the other hand, does not care and you do not need to use an account with your real information necessarily, whereas Facebook urges it since it's for "friends and family," as they claim...
  19. I agree with that. And while many people here are my friends, and I have often seen EMC referred to as 'one big family'... I'd still rather have a bit of my identity remain less clear. ;)
  20. I would not want to use facebook myself for 2 main reasons:

First of all, I know it has been said that you can watch without an account, but for chatting while the stream is active you do need an account. But I don't use facebook so I would need to set up for that, which I don't feel like doing personally.

Secondly, what 607 pointed out is quite a point for me too. There might be some people here who know my full name, which I don't mind too much, but I don't feel like sharing that with everyone joining the stream. In this time I have been around long enough online, over all kinds of platforms, to create my own personality/status as haastregt. It isn't that different from the me in real life, but still I would rather not have people knowing my name being able to look me up and find stuff about me (not that I have anything to hide though :p).