[Poll/Comment Thread] Are you excited about school?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wonderwoman_16, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Are you excited about school?

YES!!!!! 6 vote(s) 21.4%
YEAHHHH 22 vote(s) 78.6%
  1. yep
  2. How?? The most I would have left is 2 weeks and 3 days...
  3. I'm not sure whether I'm excited about school. There are several pros and cons, at the moment:

Pros:
    • Classes should be very interesting this year (as compared to last year).
    • I can't WAIT to see all my school people. I live far from my school, so I don't see them much during the summer, and I miss 'em like crazy. At least I've got my neighborhood friends for now.
    • I'm sure there are some other pros, but I can't think of them right now. Hm.
    Cons:
    • Summer
    • Summer
    • Summer
    • Summer
    • I feel like there was another... oh, did I say summer yet?
    • Summer
    I'm sure I'll get excited for school as I get closer, but for now summer and I are enjoying a very close and lovely relationship, so I'm not going to think about school. :p
  4. Actually no all schools don't have two or more months off for summer.. Some schools are year-around and some are quarterly which means year-around schools only get 6 weeks off for summer but they get longer brakes like the holidays near December. Quarterly schools get off a total of 12 weeks of summer but their brakes are a little bit shorter then year-around. So to awnser your question no not all schools are like this.
    607 likes this.
  5. Ah, okay. We have 6 weeks of summer, but also 6 weeks of break throughout the year.
  6. Enrolled to a new school so I have an extra 2 weeks of summer, so yes I am excited
    MustangLover25 likes this.
  7. If that's true then that seems quite dumb. Why would you even bother going to school if you couldn't make more than 25k a year after you graduated? I bet you could make 25k a year without even a high school diploma without much effort.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. Up til university It Is free thats where the money comes in so if you fail uni you dont end up thousands in debt
    607 likes this.
  9. I assume "university" is equivalent to college in the U.S. So here in the U.S. it's also free up until college as long as you go to public school. Well, free except for the taxes you (or more likely your parents) pay.

College isn't free though, fail or not you are paying for it unless you got a scholarship but I think there are likely clauses where if you get a scholarship and fail you might have to pay it back, not really sure.

You can apply for grants though in the U.S. but even with the grants I got I still ended up owing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30k after I graduated... and keep in mind that I did it pretty smart and used Community College, which is cheaper, for my first two years so I only paid a full university cost for the last two years. Most students end up with 60k or more in student loan debt.
  10. yep, we have three months. i just haven't started reading until the 2nd month :p
  11. We go nursery up til 4 primary up til 11 secondry til 16 and college til 18 then uni is 18 up
  12. ah okay, so you basically split up what we call "high school" into "secondary" and "college"

So you're just saying that the U.S. equivalent of college is free if you fail or if you graduate and fail to make 25k per year but if you both graduate and make over 25k a year (which should be any successful person) then you have to pay for it?
    Lux_Miles likes this.
  13. Pretty much
  14. I've finished already
  15. No and Yes.

#1 No:
    I get bullied every year in school, some teachers even bully me and they never get in trouble ( they call me bad names and taunt me and treat me like im dirt and everyone else is better than me ). Where I go to school its small, bad teachers, poor education. I almost failed math and I am terrible at it :(

Yes:
    In August I am moving to a new state, New Jersey! All my family lives there so I will get to see them more often and get help from my uncle who is a math teacher. I am going to get a better education and more oppurtunities. I am going to be able to look forward into my career I want and more :D I will get to meet new people and make new friends. Also I will have better teachers who will actual teach me the right way and help me out!!

#2 No:
    Since I am moving to a new state and school I am leaving my really only friend behind who always was there for me and we loved each other ( friend love XD ). I will realllllly miss her but we do have facetime and texting but thats not really a face to face in person chat ( I will get to visit her but yeah :( ). In my school the new kid was literally put through a test by the bullies. They would talk to the new kid and watch what they do a what they wear and finally decide either we can be her friend and make her one of us or eww she is trash like all the others. So I am scared to be the new kid and I feel like I might get bullied here to.

Plus school is boring XD
    607 likes this.
  16. boredom is only boredom if you let it be
  17. Well, with some teachers...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. Are you actually understanding any of it or just gawking at the amazing hieroglyphics lessons?

Also, by going ahead of your 'pears', I assume you're talking about actual pears? Not peers, which would be a totally different life form. Pears, a fruit enjoyed around the world. Peers, the whiny humans which you're forced to spend time with. ;)

OT - I'm not really looking forward to it at all lol. Don't get me wrong, learning is somewhat enjoyable in the right forms, but there's nothing enjoyable about writing research papers and solving an infinite amount of equations that have no real world applications whatsoever.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. Assuming that's GBP that's significantly more in USD, although not quite as dramatic now that the pound's sank.
  20. I spend most of my summer in ATL away from my school friends, and I can't WAIT to get back. I also have some classes, like Creative Writing, that I've been wanting to take for forever and finally have the chance!
    MustangLover25 likes this.