Pokemon Sun/Moon Talk

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WayneKramer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Sounds totally not hacked at all
  2. You can actually get some of those missing Pokémon without trading.

* Happiny and Chansey:
    SOS Battle (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SOS_Battle#SOS_Battle_allies)

* Barboach:
    Fishing inside a cave on Melemele Island.

* Sableye:
    SOS Battle - Spawned by Carbink; Sableye WILL attack it first.

* Corsola and Mareanie:
    Fishing in the Melemele Sea; Corsola can summon Mareanie, which WILL attack it.
    607 likes this.
  3. I can trade you most of those. You'll just need to wait a bit.
    TotoStyle likes this.
  4. Ik, but I'm lazy.
    I have almost all of those now, but sableye, slowking and the vullaby line.
  5. Well... I finished the game and captured Koko. Took me 25 hours, but for the first time in a while I feel as if it was worth it. I haven't had this much fun with a Pokémon game for 6 years, the story was just so amazing, it really had me crying inside at the end. Well time to find out the rest of the secrets of the region!
    WayneKramer, TotoStyle, 607 and 2 others like this.
  6. ForeverMaster is like next level Pokemon gamer, I have no idea what you are talking about the majority of the time.
    _CheshireCat__, ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  7. I started Pokémon with the original Ruby and Sapphire, 2003.

Up until Black and White, I would very often mindlessly cycle through physical guidebooks and in-game Pokédexes. As a result, I'm able to recognize almost all Pokémon cries and say their names. The changes to pre-existing cries in X and Y makes recalls a little harder. Luckily, most alterations are remixes or higher sound quality. Pelipper is an exception, but it actually sounds like a pelican now.

Last generation, X/Y and ORAS, there has been drastic changes, not only cries. I got into competitive PvP Pokémon environments. The Friend Safari building in X and Y encouraged this; after battling or trading with someone, both players may have a chance to befriend each other and share their own safaris where certain Pokémon with potentially their Hidden Ability can be found, like Marvel Scaled Dratini/Dragonair, Droughting Vulpix, and Speed Boosting Venipede.
    All created Legendary and Mythical Pokémon were also given three (3) guaranteed max IVs and the Destiny Knot made it possible to realistically obtain optimal Pokémon, with up to 5 maxed-out IVs. ORAS also introduced a way to ensure perfect IVs on wild Pokémon, besides Legendary/Mythical species, which was the DexNav. Sun and Moon's equivalent to this is wild SOS Battles.

Only starting in the last one to three years, I've been studying Speed Tiers in Pokémon and design and name origins. What foes do I want to outrun, and is it logical to make a certain Pokémon faster than them?
    The word "Pokémon" is even unsure of how it should be said. According to YouTuber user JWhitz, it's official pronunciation is to use the French accent, as seen in the franchise's name. One of my real-life friends argued "e" is how Americans say it. This was also how two characters said the name in an old episode of The Simpsons.
    -
    607 likes this.
  8. Pokémon Bank is now compatible with Sun and Moon, thanks to a long-awaited update!

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/bank/

-

You can also get Mew's exclusive z-crystal.

This crystal will allow Mew to use Genesis Supernova, if it knows Psychic.

In addition to having high attacking power, this signature Z-Move will deploy Psychic Terrain after hitting the target.

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/news/
  9. After I found out it updated, I immediately transferred all my pokemon over.... It took me an hour and a half to transfer them and organize them.... I don't know what I am doing with my life anymore....
    _CheshireCat__ likes this.
  10. Oh great, I'll need to renew my subscription soon then.
  11. No intention of guilt-tripping: I take into thought the Pokemon I send over.

Currently, there are no advanced Move Tutors who teach the elemental punches, past TMs/HMs, etc. in Sun and Moon. This is normal by the series's standards. Gamefreak's first release of Pokemon games of a new generation doesn't have the such tutors. They are incorporated in a later release.

The benefits Pokémon receive from the extra Move Tutors vary. Generally, they give Fighting types more attacks of different types, or type coverage.

Florges:
    Can learn Giga Drain and Synthesis.

Spinda:
    Can learn Skill Swap. If it has Contrary, it can give the ability to any applicable Pokémon.

Slurpuff:
    Can learn Drain Punch, an effective response to Steel-type foes.

Groundon:
    Can learn Fire Punch, a physical attack powered up by its Drought.

Salamence and Flygon:
    Can learn Outrage.

III
    ===
    R/S: No
    E: Yes
    Firered/Leafgreen: Yes, but some different moves.

IV
    ====
    Diamond/Pearl: No
    Platinum: Yes
    Heartgold/Soulsilver: Yes, but some different moves.

V
    =====
    Black/White: No
    Black 2/White 2: Yes

VI
    ======
    X/Y: No
    Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire: Yes

VII
    =======
    Sun/Moon: No

Unreleased (Not All Confirmed)
    =======================
    STARS (Codename): Yes
    ? Diamond/? Pearl: Yes

Move Tutor - Exclusive Moves (as of ORAS):
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor#Battle_Resort_Move_Tutors
  12. so how do you get Mew in Sun/Moon ? do you have to have it from a previous version and move it over?
  13. Transfer from previous game
  14. Mew was given away online twice last year for Pokemon's 20th anniversary. A lot of other Mythical Pokemon were available too.

You are able to Soft-Reset your X/Y or OR/AS game (L + R + Start/Select) to aim for a particular nature on the gift Pokemon. The IVs aren't that big of a deal, because of Hyper Training.
  15. So I got all my Pokemon transfered, if anybody wants to trade or do a battle or two, PM me and I'll send you my friend code. I should say I'm no competitive battler, so don't expect a challenge (well maybe a small one, I've been making my Sylveon and Delphox a force to be reckoned with).
    ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  16. I now want a 3DS for this and Monster Hunter. Bollocks.