Pokemon Sun/Moon Talk

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WayneKramer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. so that top graphic is the one with the destiny knot so basically i just need to get that
  2. Now that I finally got Pokemon Sun, I'm starting it off with soft resets to get myself a shiny starter! I'm at 90 resets now so I still got a long way to go.
    607 likes this.
  3. I decided that once I finish up the main storyline and all, that for the first time ever I'll try to do some IV training and all that a bit more. The only Pokemon that I've ever really worked hard on, was my Sylveon, but now that I bought the collector's edition version of the Pokemon Sun and Moon guide, which has a whole section for IV training in the games, I'll try it out, starting with my Delphox once Pokemon transporter is up and running.

The book also came with some concept art for the game, so if anybody wants to see that I can post it too.
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  4. Anyone know when pokemon bank is supposed to be updated? did they announce anything yet?
  5. This or next month. They said early 2017, so it's really a guess.
    FloatinPineapple likes this.
  6. I got Pokemon Sun for Christmas and I'm loving it! I just beat the elite four and caught tapu koko.
    I'm currently working on completing the Pokedex so I can get the shiny charm. I've already got one Shiny; pikipeck, which is now a level 47 toucannon.
  7. To anybody with Sun, can you please trade me a Rufflet with its Hidden Ability, Hustle?

It's obtainable by SOS chaining Rufflet on Melemele Island.
  8. ERROR 404: Shiny Rowlet does NOT EXIST! 417 Soft resets later and still haven't gotten the rowlet!

I wish I could at this time but I'm still waiting for my starter to glow.
  9. If you want to wait I can try to breed you one, as my Braviary has it's hidden ability. You would need to wait till Poke Transfer is up for Sun/Moon though.

Also I just beat Nanu (the best Kahuna so far) and caught a Mimikyu. My team is now Oricorio (Pom-Pom Style), Raticate, Mimikyu, Decidueye, Salazzle and Dugtrio. Any other Pokemon I should think about switching out for something different? Also I wouldn't mind catching a Aloan Sandshrew for a Aloan Vulpix if anybody wants to trade for that still.
  10. By the time I first arrived at the Pokémon League, this was my team:

* Salazzle
    * Ribombee ("Luma")
    * Mudsdale ("Pride")
    * Magnezone
    * Primarina
    * Lunala

For the most part, I thought I've constructed a really good team composition. It was able to handle most Pokemon types I've faced. although, as you may be able to tell, all but one party member was Special-based. Pride was my only main Physical attacker.
    To better handle Specially-defensive foes, I had Quiver Dance on my Luma, Calm Mind on Lunala, and Toxic on Salazzle.

For the long time, I've set personal requirements to not have a common type on multiple Pokémon, unless they didn't share the same type weaknesses. Now I can be ok with two Pokemon weak to the same type.

There are so many factors that you can't all think of while assorting a team in the PC. You'll probably find hidden weaknesses as you battle.

While Flying types generally have an advantage against Fighting and Ground types, most Pokémon of those types can learn Rock-type attacks. A similar scenario is that almost every Water-type can learn Ice Beam, Ice Punch, or Sludge Bomb for the Grass types they're weak to.

Water: Almost all can learn Ice Beam.

Ground: Most can learn Rock Slide and Stone Edge.

Steel and Rock: Most can learn Earthquake.

Dragon: Most can learn Flamethrower.

Bug: Some can learn Energy Ball.

Fire: Most can learn Solar Beam.

Psychic: Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Dazzling Gleam are common TM moves.

Fairy: Most can learn Psychic.

Ice and Grass: Usually lack attacks outside their own typings (aka. type-coverage).

Poison: Toxic ignores accuracy checks, like Aerial Ace, Magical Leaf, and Smart Strike.

11. Well that is true, yet again that team is for NPCs, so you don't see that terribly often. What does boil down to, is being able to construct a well balanced team, that I also like. I myself won't use Lunala, since I got my Decidueye and Mimikyu (though it's fairy typing offsets most weaknesses).

The elite four contains Fighting, Flying, Rock and Ghost. I have a Pokemon to deal with them all. Decidueye and Oricorio for Hala, Decidueye and Dugtrio for Olivia, Mimikyu and Raticate for Acerola and Oricorio for Kahili (Revelation Dance will be electric type). My Salazzle is there to deal with more specific Pokemon on their teams, such as Crabominable from Hala, Dhelmise and Froslass from Acerole and Skarmory from Kahili.

As for the Kukui, well let's just say I throw the dice for champions. I got no plan for him, but I'll make one. This whole strategy may seem crazy, I'm just a little crazy though so it's going to work... I hope.

Also you want to wait for me to breed or no?
  12. I think the chance is 1 in 4096... so you've potentially got a very long way to go...
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  13. I'm going to say no, if that's ok with you.

-

* Optimal Requirements for SOS Chaining:

False Swipe
    Role Play or Skill Swap (to check for Hidden Abilities)
    Adrenaline Orbs
  14. I could care less. Saves me time.
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  15. Anyone else hate Golisopods ability xD? Trying to catch on of the Tapu's and then Golisopod uses Emergency Exit and the Tapu "disappears". Not the end of the world, just annoying.
  16. Sometimes, the ability is useful.

For catching wild Pokemon, definitely no.
  17. I agree it is useful at times, just wish I would have known that it wasn't good to have in first slot for wild pokemon xD
  18. I'd put a Pokémon with Synchronize in front for any Legendary Pokémon encounter. It's ok if it's fainted; copying the nature can still happen.
  19. Anyone up for trading Pokemon now-ish?
    I need to complete my Pokedex for shiny hunting.
    Currently, I have a king's rock slowpoke which a need to evolve. To complete my melemele-dex, I need a blissey, alakazam, barboach, the vullaby line, lilligant, sableye, corsola, the toxapex line and gigalith.
    I don't need to keep them, just enter them to my pokedex.
    If anyone can trade now or at some point in the future, please let me know :)
  20. Just got a shiny, level 100 Modest Alolan-Raichu in wonder trade! Also with Pokerus :D
    ForeverMaster and Tigerstar like this.