Pokemon Sun/Moon Talk

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WayneKramer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Just getting an insight on the games. :) My brother plays the hand held stuff. I might get him these for Christmas. :cool:
    607 likes this.
  2. Ahh, well I have all three of them completely evolved so I can experiment with them

I very well might do that but it'll be a while, these Pokemon games have a tendency to completely suck up every moment of my free time (much like Minecraft) so I need to give it a break after this so I can experience the rest of life for a bit lol
    607 likes this.
  3. I mostly resemble slowpoke.
  4. Man, I haven't gotten Sun or Moon yet. I played Omega Ruby and black 2 and they were quite nice!:D
  5. I'd advise not rushing or taking a Hustle through the newest games. Sun and Moon are very cinematic. There's a meaningful story to unfold. The real-world environment and perspective players set themselves in does influence the experience.
    Wear headphones; keep the 3DS away from bright light; don't progress the story so much in a short amount of time; take breaks; read the characters' dialogue and react by sense of humor or emotions.
    The developers at Gamefreak have spend a good while creating and polishing these games, not just adding more of what's well-expected: Pokémon, moves, abilities, etc.

The human brain can only take in so much stimuli at a time. Using Extreme Speed will make you miss details.

I would say more, if I could, but the advise I've written is enough.
    TasteOfTerror, 607 and WayneKramer like this.
  6. I'm grabbing Moon this Christmas, but I did buy Pokémon Yellow from the EShop to stay entertained till then. From what I've heard, the new games a lot more story driven than beforehand. I do find in any Pokemon battle with more than 2 Pokemon, I'm getting a little laggy from what tried in the demo.
    Team Skull is probably the most ridiculous looking and acting team I've seen yet. Thought I would mention that, mostly cause I've never seen bad guys act like that in Pokemon before.
  7. You gotta remember they sit there and get donations while chaining, so it's DEFINITELY worth it lol
    607 and Krysyy like this.
  8. Same here with rowlet, but i chose him because I've never started with a grass type before. I usually go the water route.

My final team is quite different:
    Decidueye
    Machoke
    Tentacruel
    Torkoal
    Slowbro
    (game spoiler pokemon in Sun)
    DrMadFate and WayneKramer like this.
  9. *reads thread longingly*

*wishes I had a New 3DS*

*looks at wallet*

*$30*

*cries*
    NuclearBobomb, 607 and WayneKramer like this.
  10. You could play them on 2DS too, though.
  11. I do agree with the people of YT Channel GameExplain. These games are pushing the 3DS to its limits. But there isn't much Game Freak can do about it. The cause of performance lag in-battle is the same since X and Y: on-screen polygon count, battle effects, and calculating AI.

The in-battle models to the Pokémon and trainers have a high polygon count, which stresses the GPU more to render, but these models have been and will likely be used in many future games. In fact, Pokémon Go uses these same models for the Pokémon, except with higher texture resolution.
    607 and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  12. hmmm so I bought the 3DS with the Pokemon Sun/Moon decals on the outside and I haven't experienced any lag in the game at all so I'm not sure if that's because it's a newer model or what

the game has no 3D in it at all though, even though the box said that some of the game may be in 3D. The only time I see any 3D at all is in the menu when selecting the game. Once you've selected the game and got to the Start menu then it's 2D the rest of the way through. I was really hoping some of it would be in 3D because I think it looks cool though.
  13. Battle animations can be 3D I believe.
    DrMadFate likes this.
  14. 3-D was available for some battles in XY and ORAS. However, turning it on causes substantial performance lag.
    People have reported a difference in performance with Sun and Moon on "New 3DS" models.

Outside of 3D, framerate is by the number of trainer-class AIs, polygons, and the intensity of battle effects.

You can find out how complicated a Pokémon model is by finding out how long it takes to appear in the various non-battle menus.

Porygon
    Porygon2/Porygon-Z
    Wailord
    Raichu - Alolan
    Kommo-o (Alola's Pseudo Legendary)
    Rapidash/Infernape/Moltres
    Hoopa - Unbound

607 likes this.
  15. And this is where I personally believe that a big difference is not what is displaying, but who is playing.
    You see, I'm not even that old (25), but I grew up playing games that had load screens that sometimes took minutes. 'Lag' as some players call it, was just the game loading and I understood that. I also grew up with dial-up internet which today puts people in a tissy. That's just what was available and it did the job, just a little slowly is all.

Personally I don't think there is any discernible difference between playing in 3D or 2D for the battle animation 'polygons' or whatever it is that it's called these days. I'm just too old to care about half a millisecond difference impacting my enjoyment of the game.
  16. heh I'm with Krysyy on this one.

So I've played the entire game so far with my 3D setting all the way up simply because I found no reason to turn it down/off... I've never seen any 3D animations, in the battle sequences or not. I've also not experienced any lag at all... there may have been times that the game was loading but nothing was bad enough for me to actually notice it.

I finally got around to getting Zygarde today so now I have a decent amount of Legendaries, which is cool. I also had someone trade me a Level 100 Solgaleo so that was pretty cool.

Pokemon Go is rumored to have Gen 2 coming soon or at least some new Pokemon of some sort with these new events so that may get me to lay down Moon for a bit and go back to Go.
    607 likes this.
  17. fire pledge water pledge and grass pledge if they are both on a pokemon on your team in a double battle you can select the two moves and they will combine into one move
  18. There are 100 cells to collect across Alola. All 100 cells can be made into a Zygarde that can enter its Complete Form, Perfect Zygarde.
  19. i have all but 10 and i cant find the rest
  20. yep, I got them all. I had to explore both day and nighttime around the islands to find them all.