Pokemon Sun/Moon Talk

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WayneKramer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. I got Pokemon Moon for Christmas :D I justed started it a few minutes ago so I am not far in but my starter Pokemon is Litten and I named him Erza even though thats a girl name :p
    607 likes this.
  2. It's been argued in the past and now about certain Starters looking like females, but are actually often male (See Delphox and Primarina). Though all Starters are rare to be female because that would give you an early-game advantage to breed your Starter and access its Egg Moves.

I know Outrage, Dragon Pulse, and Belly Drum are all Eggs Moves for Charmander.
    LordessSpartan_ likes this.
  3. Got moon for christmas. Had sun since it came out though
  4. So I got Moon as expected and played for a good 3 hours, finished first trial and got a decent team going. So far my team is (from lowest to highest level) Oricorio (Pom-Pom Style), Rattata, Ledbya and Rowlet. I hope to grab a Rockruff, unless I missed it already. Also got a question about Oricorio. What islands have which nectar for each style?
  5. Each of the Islands in Alola are named after the Hawaiian words for colors.

All styles of Oricorio are part Flying, and all Guardian Deities are part Fairy.

-

Melemele means Yellow. Oricorio and Tapu Koko are Electric types.

Akala means Pink. Oricorio and Tapu Lele are Psychic types.

Ula'ula means Red. Oricorio is a Fire type and Tapu Bulu is a Grass type.

Poni means Purple. Oricorio is a Ghost type and Tapu Fini is a Water type.

-
    LordessSpartan_, 607 and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  6. I spent a stupid 1 hour catching a female Salandit for my team, though it proved to be helpful, as it ripped through the Totem Pokemon for the for trial with it's Dragon Rage move. Anybody else had any Pokemon they've had a terrible time trying to catch yet?

Also should ask if anybody has a Vulpix they would want to trade? It has to be an Aloan one and above level 30.
  7. they must have changed the wording for Sun/Moon because the judge isn't saying those terms for me, they are using things like "above average"
  8. The games have never directly said "Effort Values" nor "Individual Values."

From what I know, since Generation V (Black/White), The Judge himself describes your Pokemon's IVs by an overall statement, followed by stats with the highest value (0-31). X and Y added an additional statement for any stats with IVs of 0.

If you're talking to The Judge NPC, you won't be having to visit him all the time. Hatch at least 20-30 eggs, then you can unlock the "Judge" function in your PC which provides far more details on the IVs than The Judge has ever provided.
  9. Yeah after I posted that I figured it out. I just used the judge feature and saw the "Good to Best" statements next to each stat. I have a handful of "Outstanding" Pokemon, including two that have 31's in all but one category. My best Pokemon are all Dragon types so I need some diversity there.

Next thing I need to find out is how to get more Pokemon with good IVs... can you breed lower IV Pokemon and have chances they have higher IVs or do I need to trade for them or what's the trick here?
    607 likes this.
  10. I'll take you from Groundon up, to Rayquaza!

In the past, I would organize all of my Pokemon with 31 IVs and start chain breeding them.

But now in Sun and Moon, there's a new way to get the max IVs: chaining SOS Battles. The more Pokemon summoned in the battle, the more 31 IVs the reinforcement will have, up to 4 thirty-ones. Forty summons, or Chain:40, will make all approaching ally Pokemon always have four 31 IVs.
    And here's perhaps the best part: Ditto is chain-able by SOS! However, you'll likely want to an unusual strategy to keep the chain going, without the caller Ditto at 1 HP, Struggle and faint. There are YouTube videos around on how they're executed.

Once you have a few Pokemon from long SOS Chains, sharing an Egg Group, breed them to get one Pokemon with at least 5 31 IVs, ideally excluding either Attack or Special Attack. From there, you can pass down the IVs to other Pokemon, especially those belonging to two Egg Groups.

The either 1 or 2 Egg Groups a Pokemon, and its evolutionary family, can usually be determined by their appearance and lore. Mammalian Pokemon are generally in the Field group; Reptiles in Dragon, Aquatic Land-living in Water 1, Fish in Water 2, Birds in Flying, etc.

Bulbapedia and Serebii both have lists to refer to for Pokemon in each Egg Group.
  11. So I'm wondering if you have two Pokemon that are rated "Decent" and you breed them, will they always be Decent or are they able to breed together a pokemon with better IVs?
    607 likes this.
  12. They can have a better IV total, but it's not that likely, because the offspring is inheriting IVs.

(Think Horse Breeding in MC.)
  13. ok, one other question and I'm sure I can find this out myself but you're saying that two Pokemon in the same egg group can breed with one another... so if they are different Pokemon but of the same type (like two different Dragon ones) then what is the offspring going to be? is it 50/50 chance of being one or the other?
  14. Always, always: Determined by the mother; non-Ditto, if there is a Ditto.
    607 likes this.
  15. hmmm, so I have an "Outstanding" Ditto, several 31s. I put it to breed with a "Relatively Superior" Vulpix, had two 31s I believe.... after 10 eggs, every single one of them came out as "Above Average"... so far none with good IVs.

I will say that the SOS battle trick worked as the Outstanding Ditto I caught was like the 11th or 12th in the chain.. my previous Ditto was only "Decent"
  16. You cannot inherit the optimal 5 IVs, without a Destiny Knot. It's sold at the Battle Royale for 48 Battle Points.
  17. My team (still training don't judge):

Incineroar lvl 72
    Crabominable lvl 62
    Toucannon lvl 60
    Alolan Ninetales lvl 57
    Salazzle lvl 50
    Golisopod lvl 44

Should I take Ninetales, or Crabominable off and replace with Type: Null/Silvally??

EDIT: Decided to get rid of Crabominable because I'd prefer Ninetales fairy typing more than Crabominables fighting typing. Still looking for imput though.
  18. ok then I'm totally confused as to how I get more Pokemon with perfect or near-perfect IVs other than to SOS chain and catch them
  19. This might be in spoilers for no reason, but just to be safe I put it in spoilers..

Just did the UB missions.....

Holy pokedollars!!! You get a million pokedollars after you catch all of them, that's freaking insane!

20. Here are a few images I've found that may help explain and clarify the process: