Pepper's Area at Wild North on smp8

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, May 31, 2019.

?

What utility do you want at Pepper's area?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2019.
1.14 iron farm - note there will also be one at Fe(II) close by 2 vote(s) 12.5%
1.14 Villager Breeder 3 vote(s) 18.8%
Generic Mob Farm 11 vote(s) 68.8%
  1. I'm looking for input from the community on what additional utility they most want to see at Sgt_Pepper04's area out at Wild North on smp8. This entire area is being renovated by PWU in honor of Pep. (Also it had become a broken down wreck because it predated the antigrief update, and it was just very sad and messy instead of awesome.)

A long time ago on an EMC far far away ;)
    Peps and I were having a blast in the Nether along with many other cool people. We were converting Nether Fortresses in the waste into temporary outposts for hunting wither skellies and ghasts. At some point, we decided "why don't we do this in the frontier instead". Thus, NHG (Nether Hunting Grounds) was born, and the start of what would become PWU.
    We had so much fun doing NHG, that we thought we'd do some more public builds. Pep's vision for this was an area just outside a frontier spawn that would be a small one stop for new players to gain a starting stock for a variety of resources. All the crops, a little snow, a few pieces of gold, etc. A welcoming fun place where a new player could obtain some basic resources to get themselves up and running without having to run all over the wastes, or spend all their starting rupees on things that most of us will happily give away to a new player.

Now that you have this small history lesson, what utility would you most like to see at this location? Personally, I am leaning towards a generic mob farm. PWU pretty much surrounds Pep's area and includes a gold farm, an iron farm, prismarine, XP grinders, witch farm, etc. What is not out there is a generic mob farm. That's my thinking, but you all might disagree. Let me know please!

Obviously if Peps makes a sudden return appearance, I'll just build whatever he wants, but he's been MIA for a long time now. Maybe he'll see this though :)
  2. If I can help with any supplies, do not hesitate to ask. Anything you need. I'm not on much so my stuff just sits there :p
    Nickblockmaster and khixan like this.
  3. Bumping in case anyone else wants to vote on the poll
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  4. bumpity bump for the poll
  5. I'd like to see a generic mob farm! And like ThaKloned said, if you need any resources let me know also! I'd love to help :)
  6. Final bump! Poll closes on 6/14/19 (June 14th). So far, it looks like I'll be shopping for generic mob farms in the sky designs :)

Also, LOTS of progress has been made on the renovation at Peps. Go check it out when you've a chance, cheers all!
  7. Looks like we have a clear winner. One generic mob farm coming up. I'm probably going to do one like this (the single simple version) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guvMmdeZqiI

Anyone have other suggestions for it? Thanks all :)

EDIT: Yes, I'm going to allow this one to be AFK because Peps was a big believer in AFK. Pick up your drops frequently instead of AFKing for hours on end. It's a public build folks. Use sense and courtesy please. Someone is gonna take your drops at some point if you are AFKing for ages.
  8. And rightfully so! ;)
    Nickblockmaster, khixan and Kryarias like this.
  9. Weird SMP8? lol
  10. Are you doing it exactly like the video or are you modifying it?
    Nickblockmaster and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Depends on if EMC causes weirdness with it, or if someone already knows a good reason to change it for EMC. I'm sure someone has built this somewhere on EMC already.
  12. Please lmk what you decide I might want to help as long as its a schematica or something.
  13. Also what is the villager breeder design?
  14. It will be schematica. Just as soon as I remove the old style iron farm and do the mob farm instead LOL. Probably not till Wednesday or Thursday. I have family visiting atm.

I have no idea what the villager breeder design would have been if the vote had gone that way. I haven't checked out 1.14 breeder designs. Ask Chris, Tuq, or Ulti. Those guys know what they're doing with that stuff. Or just hit youtube ;)

Thanks!
    Nickblockmaster and Kryarias like this.
  15. Ok so I have redstone issues and observer issues on EMC. RDMaster popped out for like an hour to try and fix it, and .....

Folks, this is why PWU has to test everything first on EMC. So, this may be a bit.
  16. Things calmed down enough that Faded and I finally got back to this project. Faded has finished the leaves, woo hoo!

The current TO DO list:
    • Link up area to main Wild N PWU road. Faded is figuring out ideas for this. May involve a park like area? See Faded, this is his part of the design show.
    • Interiors. TBird gets first dibs on these if she WANTS to do them. If not, anyone PWU holler.
    • Plant all the farming stuffs.
    • Test the flower redstone and close that up if working good.
    • Plant the birch trees from the schematic.
    • Check the lighting out here. No spawns.
    • Look for any bits and bobs that we missed/forgot. Like the head farm needing its 2 beds and an enderchest to right of reg chest.
    • BUILD THE GENERIC MOB GRINDER. This is my assignment. - In Progress with help from ThaKloned and Corrupted.
    Nickblockmaster and Tuqueque like this.
  17. Are these flower farms?
  18. There is a 2 high flower farm area included with the other farms. Pep's original vision for the area was an easy place for a new player to go and get a few basic resources.
    I figured the 2 high flowers would go well with a few bones from a generic mob grinder (that I still have to build out there though I have the design all emc tested and whatnot).
    Nickblockmaster and ThaKloned like this.
  19. I have working ones that I've been using at my utopia utilities. I can help out with this part if needed.
  20. Wild N, and then head west. Can't miss it, world tree. It should work, but hey, it's me doing redstone so... should lol. I just haven't gotten around to testing it yet. Flower thingy is to your left (on side of first house). Thanks!