"Opinions about 'me'"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Twitch1, Mar 5, 2014.

1. If you wish. They are filled with whatever you'd like.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Pies filled with pies :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Don't be ridiculous, how could someone possibly be a pulse of energy with an electrical potential of 73 volts? That's absurd.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Twitch1 like this.
  4. Fair enough... I was hoping you were a South Park fan. ;)
    The first 20 seconds are relevant (Just change POP-TARTS to PIES)...
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155598/a-mercy-kill
    If you don't like violence and gore, don't watch the last 5-10 seconds...
    Also, if you don't like South Park, don't watch any of this. :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Is that like a Hot-Pocket Hot Pocket..? Its a Hot Pocket inside a Hot Pocket.. :D ...I watch too much Jim Gaffigan..:oops:
  6. Hmph, now that you accepted pies, I can no longer give you any potatoes.

I do agree that those threads seemed really to attract attention, rather than to actually see what the community thinks of people..
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. We all know the max is the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Come on guys, if you really need to ask the internet for opinion on you, I think you might have more problems with yourself than we do with you.
  9. That is a bit hurtful.

People often act different than they do in real life.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Also, if you make a poll and have names hidden, people would probably be more likely to vote "I don't like you" or whatever your choice is on the poll, and if names are shown people will go "oh they see my name, better pick the nice one so I don't look like a jerk!"
    cddm95ace, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. But its the truth. Lets be honest here, no one here really knows each other in real life. Some of us do, but lots of us don't, so we don't know what you're really like, so it seems most people ask "Whats your opinion on me" to be told what they want to hear.
  12. They are wondering what people think of them online. If you didn't know, I am betting that most people here are not stalkers, mean, or even insane people. They are wishing for the community input so they know what people think of their online life.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Yeah, but like Panda said, lots of these threads make you lean towards what they want to hear.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Thank you for saying this. :) I don't see a whole lot of good in these threads, and I think that anything that threatens to cause emotional pain just shouldn't be made.
  15. The only notes I passed in grade school were to this girl named Sharon that said 'Do you like me?' and had the boxes: Yes No Maybe and the notes always returned with NO. ;)
    607, Twitch1 and Pab10S like this.
  16. I rate you at 27 brick stacks.
    ;3
    Equinox_Boss and Twitch1 like this.
  17. I rate you 46% Likes. <--- Most valued currency yet.
  18. AKA Equinox points.
    Equinox_Boss, Twitch1 and Zerofelero like this.
  19. I say #YOLO to all of this.. I'm sure people look at me as a noob, but dey are wrong :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Meh.. I could see it either way... Twitch and I are both former brothers in arms... I feel like this kind of attitude is developed quickly there. You are pushed in to a sea of 'differences', there is no time to think 'How much different am I than this person?", the only thing that matters is that, that person does their job, and you yours.. so everyone stays alive.

I personally, enjoy being myself, I know some people dont like me.. I dont ask them to, because that would mean them not being themselves.

That is exactly why I personally think the 'what do you think about me' threads are a bad idea to begin with. If you want people to be truthful, chances are, there will be some person who doesnt like you, and they will say why. But if you view their truth as hurtful... you probably should not have made the thread. (not direct reference to you by the way).

If you want truthful answers to a question like that.. ask your friends... the polling of the masses is of very little matter. You think you have some kind of personal thing that you are missing.. ask your friend about it (either on or offline friend)

Me: Hey Tru! I think some people think I can be a bit of an [expletive] sometimes.. what do you think?
    Tru Friend: Oh yeah.. you totally are.. and not just sometimes.. most of the time, but thats alright.. because if you werent that way, you wouldnt be you.. and I wouldnt be your friend

The thing is.. you cant please everyone, so why care what others think of you? I know most of the people starting these threads are younger, and probably explains why they have these feelings. I mean.. here we all sit playing video games, we are your peer group. But communities as large as this one, have developed their own groups, cliques, and mini communities.. the close circles.

Those are the ones you should care about the opinion of. If you ask 'What do you think of me?' and some guy you cant remember talking to logs on just to say 'You were a dick to me when I asked you this question. i think you are a bad person for that'... What are you going to say? That it was hurtful? Or will you now try to take away from your own time, to make this person, who you didnt know, like you? The people that will and do like you... will find a way to meet up. They always do. Friends are not born out of polling a large group. They are made out of sharing a common interest, or attitude.

The threads have the purpose to the people that make them I am sure, but honestly... over all, they are not needed. If it takes making at thread like that to SEE it, than I guess that is a good thing.

EDIT:

I give you +2 Sass Marks.... dont spend them all at one place
    cddm95ace, 607, Equinox_Boss and 3 others like this.