One Man's Trash

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by _REMOVED_63902, Aug 6, 2013.

1. The SMP3 branch is packed with goodies! Come stop by and see what we got, a lot of stuff like iron, and gold in there from what i've seen!
  2. Might I suggest a "shuffling" feature? One where when you log in, you (the owners) can just flip a lever and it shuffles items. :)
  3. Erm, not to be a downer or anything, but, supply companies at least supply different items and have a different atmospheres. Kad's was in fact not the first, I have seen them in the past by other players, but due to unknown reasons they shut down. Kad's supply is usually always busy, but that also means orders take longer, a=with bigger quantities to take care of. Whereas, WND Supply has low activity (well, hopefully not anymore) but, that also means your order will get done a lot quicker.

Copyright and patents are two different things.
    Copyright is used to say "this product is produced by blah blah and may not be copied by other means and stuff" Where, patents mean that a whole idea or product cannot at all be recreated no matter what. Copyright doesn't mean you can't write a similar novel, but it means that if I were to reproduce the product, I would be in trouble.
    Patents means that, say I created the first ever phone. I patented the product, meaning I get profit from whoever I allow to use the idea to recreate it. Even if a better version is created, I still get profit. I can also sue companies if they copy my product if they don't have my permission.

In this case, no sales man did not patented the idea, but gollark shouldn't have taken the idea as his own. He should have asked regardless patented or not.

I am going to write a thread about this (later)...
    Choongjae, 607 and QuarterStop like this.
  4. We do it manually for now lol there is usually good things behind the treasure :p
  5. Smp3 branch has been relocated to /v 6006 on smp3. Walk into the building and on the right it is there.
  6. Sugar cane filter maybe?
  7. Probably would be beneficial, and don't forget wheat.
  8. lol this is a great idea. But you need to get it onto all servers. seriously. I'm not putting all my trash in a vault, so i can change servers, get it all out again, and throw it in. :)

Just put it on other peoples reses.
    Cchiarell6914 and 607 like this.
  9. Ldave me an access chest then :p
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  10. I'm willing to let you use one of my resses for this, Have an account that I still need to claim a res on...
    607 likes this.
  11. I have a few alta I think we'll use first thanks tho! What is your home server?'
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  12. I am in the process of re-arranging, re-building my mall plus many public facilities. When i figure out where everything will go, I'll have a location you can use. Or i can build it, either or. :) might take some weeks.
  13. Reading through this thread, I like the idea! For those of you saying "It should be free" Have you ever shopped at a Goodwill Store or any other thrift store or second-hand shop? They don't buy that stuff from people and re-sell it. People DONATE that stuff and then the store sells it. That's what this is, it's like a thrift shop/Goodwill.
  14. Making it FREE is all very well. But as soon as that happens, you have 1 player who decides they're gonna grab everything and throw it on the ground, keeping what they want.

Basically a griefer. Taking advantage of something they can grab.

I agree, would be great to make it free, as long as it doesn't COST the owner/creator anything. But first you need to find a way to do that without it being griefable.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.