[NOTICE] Staff Information Data Leak

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Krysyy, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krysyy I can link u 2 best italian hitmans just link the mofo°s ip n ill take care of the rest
  2. well, thats bad! thanks for taking care of it though!
    ANubIsWe3 likes this.
  3. The website offers two step authentication? Can't seem to find it :(
  4. probably just for square/staff
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. So I assume no staff members were involved? I would hate to think there was....
  6. Well, atleast the player is banned, and that passwords have been changed.. Thanks Staff :)
    MercenaryCrow and ANubIsWe3 like this.
  7. The whole thread explains that the hacked member was a staff... This means that the info stealer knows anything a staff knows: IP of players, secret aikat stuff, secret staff stuff...among other things.

*correct me if im wrong
    Theomglover and ANubIsWe3 like this.
  8. Wow, this is quite scary. I'm surprised that someone actually had intentions of doing this...

I'm, uh, going to change my password now...
    ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  9. Aikar
  10. aikat
  11. i dont want to get this thread offtopic, but had to respond...
    AIKAT
  12. I'm wondering how many non-staff accounts were accessed, because for some reason I feel kind of special :p
    Dufne, RICTDM and __Khepri__ like this.
  13. Read this at 3:00am ruined day :/
  14. I can not nor would I give exact figure but we are looking at less than 75 non staff. Some are players who are currently banned and some from EMC's history. I reckon most players would recognise 90% of the players who's data was compromised.

There was only one password compromised and that was down to a moderator using the same password on multiple sites. Even if the hacker had full Aikar level access our passwords are encrypted with a salted hash method, I will not bore you with the details, but this method is very secure and each password would require considerable computing power to dencrypt . However changing your password after any breach is a good habit to start.

The moderator who was compromised was deeply ashamed of causing this. What was most jarring is that they had recently updated all their active passwords (including alts on here) but forgot to do their main moderator account.
  15. Wow. I am sorry for all the extra work this has caused you, Aikar and the staff. Since I started playing online I have found it incredulous how so many people seem to enjoy cheating, hacking and griefing, and even seem to need to do so in order to find pleasure. Just another side of the world as it is today.

This however goes beyond anything i would expect from a simple gamer. I have seen this sort of thing from disgruntled staff and disgruntled clients in real world, but to go so far on a simple family oriented gaming site is really sad and ,frankly, a little sickening.

I am very glad you have been able to handle it so efficiently, and hope the mess is quickly sorted out so we can all move on with simply enjoying the game.
  16. Not the best feeling to wake up to someone having your info. In game info is of no importance, though irl info is a little concerning. Thanks to the staff for handling it though. Just shows no on is immune from this sort of thing. Good time to change my password :D
    Perry_Stahlsis, Kytula and 607 like this.
  17. someone thought ole bite was important enough to look at. means its probably an older member lol.
  18. I am assuming if something wasn't on the list then it wasn't compromised such as actual bank accounts for those of us that pay monthly to support EMC .
  19. thats held on paypal i dont think even aikar has access to that
  20. Correct. Anything and everything not listed was not compromised.
    In fact, no personal site information was breached. As it was only a moderator account (they see the same forum user info as regular members).
    Then anything payment related would require admin level access. I don't even know how exactly that info is accessed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.