No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheCrimeLime, Aug 12, 2016.

1. I got the pc version and played few hours worth...I'm part of that niche crowd...love it...but I will tell you as is, wait for it to price drop. The game really does feel incomplete.

Looks great for the most part but some aspects look a bit off(alien that you can talk to) felt like they are just quickly thrown in there.

Overall I like it but don't recommend for its current price. I will be waiting for updates for sure(my pc is high end one to and didn't have much issues at all)
    ShelLuser, khixan and Roslyn like this.
  2. Agreed! Even Minecraft will eventually become repetitive. Which is actually why I'm so happy that the Empire doesn't reset Town nor the Frontier: I can actually play at my own calm pace, which suits me quite fine. It's this reason why I haven't revived nor killed the Enderdragon yet. Same reason why I've first conquered an ocean monument after we've had 2 waste resets. Utopia? Only after 1.5 years playing have I finally started to build something more serious on my residence...

Taking my time also means postponing the inevitable: running out of things to do. So far we're 1.5 years in and I still have plenty on the todo list :)

Ha, ha, ha, that sounds pretty cool though! I can well imagine what you're talking about but haven't experienced this in such ways (yet?), of course also because I haven't been playing as long as you have.

The time I spend on those.... Fallout 3 / New Vegas & Skyrim... The only reason why Skyrim became a little tedious for me is all because of the bugged PS3 version. Some areas have become tedious because of that, but other than that...

What I like about Fallout, a little more than Skyrim, is that you can easily tick off (or also often kill) characters which have potential quests for you. It makes the whole thing a little more realistic to me. There are quests in Skyrim which I'd rather see failing than having them open in my inventory forever.

Still, I hardly play these anymore because I quickly found most there is to find :)

Especially Skyrim.... I had managed to obtain most dragonmasks, found all dragon peeks and was already using (self made) deadric armor while I had yet to find Esbern :p

Well... Yes and no :)

In Minecraft there are structures, but I have to agree that we could use more. But still: caves, abandoned mineshafts, ocean monuments, mesa biomes, mooshroom islands, ice spike biomes, strongholds... And of course nether fortresses. Still, I have to admit that they do become repetitive (and maybe even a bit boring) over time. I've raided so many caves that I'm already started to recognize patterns in them.

Abandoned mineshafts? You'll always find that "dirt square" in them as well as a "double tunnel".

Still, this is also what I like about the game: you can easily do things in another way. Don't use dia armor (or god armor) but other stuff (for example). Right now that's the main thing keeping me hooked on Minecraft: the ability for me to play the game I want to.

Not to mention repetitive. I think that's their main problem: all those games follow the same setup. Once you look through that you realize how utterly boring it actually is!

Man, that was such a let down when I finally got my hands on Watchdogs :(

I liked Assasins Creed II and Brotherhood (sort off) but stopped liking it because of the repetitive gameplay: liberate towers, and regain control over the city. It's fun to find them, explore the area and liberate them, but then what? Heck, after I got into ACII I had liberated all but one towers in no time. The last was blocked and then I started playing the main missions again to unlock it.

When I got Far Cry III I was somewhat disappointed after I managed to free all outposts on the first island. I had yet to do some deep missions but I had already little to worry about random enemies because the whole land was mine (not to mention that it looked completely stupid in some cut scenes: yes, it was very dangerous to go to a certain place, especially considering that my friends controlled the whole surrounding areas :D). It's also why I never bothered with IV anymore: I didn't need more outposts to liberate.

But here came Watchdogs. That looked amazing, as a master hacker you were to make your way through the city and do stuff, play it was you wanted.

Yah, well.... So what was the first thing I discovered? "You can hack into ctOS control centres to gain ctOS access in certain areas" (not to mention that this didn't add up, even without it I could still blow pipes, control traffic lights, etc.). So in no time I had control over the whole town. But they added their second element: towers.

And once I had all those I finally started to realize that I was basically playing ACII & Far Cry III all over again. Sure, in a different coating but it was all more of the same.

Because of that I never brought myself to finish Watchdogs because I got so immensely bored with it. It's also why I never picked up any other AC games.

Agreed :)
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  3. Sean tweeted out that they are working on trying to fix the bugs, hopefully they update this game.
    I have seen so many bugs also, such as flying through the space station, aliens moving their mouths when no sound is coming out, right when you take out the bolt, it shoots right away.
  4. No Mans Sky was pretty sketchy to me from the beginning. They refused to give anyone review copies ahead of the pre order date effectively preventing anyone from reading reviews before they bought the game on launch day. This was red flag #1 since the last time this happened (which would be Watch Dogs), the game similarly turned out to be a disaster and the game developer didn't want anyone to read the reviews before they bought the game in order to get as many sales as possible.

From what I've seen from it, it seems like a type of Space Engineers but with a greater focus on adventure and less on the engineering. I'm not sure if it's something I'd actually like and it looks like the raw content in the game isn't very high. I think I'd get pretty bored of it easily.
  5. I hope this game comes to Xbox One eventually. I was kind of excited for it, and was disappointed when I found out I couldn't get it on Xbox. It looks like fun.
  6. Downloaded it this morning (PC). Seemed cool at first, then got bored and installed Starbound instead. It was still kinda cool but I was also out of inventory space and it seemed like you were on a never ended quest. Not sure if my PC couldn't handle the game or the game was just bad (could be both). In short.. glad I didn't pay money for it.
  7. What are your PC specs? You'll need at least a mid range i5 and at least a GTX 960/R9 285 or similar GPU for a decent experience.
  8. I think they released the game too early.
    Updates are cool and all, but "there will be updates" should not ever be an excuse for a buggy and incomplete game.
  9. I think I'm one of the 'niche audiences' it's aimed for. Got the game yesterday afternoon and played until 3 in the morning. If I didn't have work in the morning, I don't think I would have stopped playing it lol. I bet I'll eventually get bored of it just like I eventually got tired of SP minecraft but hopefully by then, there will be more content and updates to keep me playing
    607 likes this.
  10. i7-2600 3.40GHz GTX 650
  11. The 650 is likely what's holding you back with NMS. That's a fairly low end card :s
  12. You could do a SLI set up with another 650 if the GTX 960 is outta your price range.
  13. Even that wouldn't scale perfectly and might not be smooth, even at low settings. SLI isn't great.
  14. I agree, but not sure if he's on a budget.
  15. Battlefield 1 won't be on steam if you refunded it and got steam cash :/
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. And this here is the reason nobody uses Steam wallet.
    PeculiarPotato likes this.
  17. I use Steam Wallet exclusively lol. I find it rare that I want an EA game, and if I do, I'll go buy it with PayPal. I like the ability to go to a store and get Steam Wallet credit with my real money without any extra fees. I much prefer doing this than getting a prepaid Visa/AMEX that comes with a $3.95 fee for every $50.

That'll of course change when I get a credit card of my own.
  18. Yeah, this is probably why I and my friends don't use the wallet. I just pay through my credit card.

Unless, of course, its money made off selling those pretty useless trading cards. I just use that to take a few pennies off whatever I'm buying :p
  19. You may like this. It camps on all of your games (including the garbage useless ones you'll never play but might have gotten for free from somewhere) and launches it with Steam in the background until it gets all of the cards from the game, then it moves onto the next, so it won't actually run the game which takes up resources.. It's basically a way to harvest all of the cards from your games efficiently and so that you don't have to actually play those trash games :p

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussi...-farm-asf-steam-cards-farmer-windowslinuxos-x
    SoulPunisher likes this.