New Residence Feature: Locations!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 10, 2014.

1. If I am working on someone else's residence and want to set a named location named "temp" to return to after getting supplies, what flags do I need? Also, I assume that if I do this I am using one of their locations rather than mine. Is this correct?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. correct, and you would need admin. Names are not publicly listed for the owners privacy so they can have some they dont tell others about.

There is also a new flag: "namedtp" that controls if people can use named teleports (defaults true).
  3. Big difference between gold and diamond :p
  4. Doesn't look like I'll be using it the way I expected since no one will want to give out admin for something like a temporary place holder.

I've been trying to set up one of these that uses a sign and haven't been able to. I've tried first line: "teleport" with the second line: resnum@tpname like what the message says I can do when I add a location, but I keep getting a "Could not find Residence" error message. What am I missing?
  5. Same...
  6. hmm ill have to look into that. I swear i had it working. try with a space?
  7. I've been waiting for this, perfect for my WIP mall. Seeing how diamond is going to be necessary to set that up apparently, I have a question. If I get diamond, set up 100 of these for some reason, and then end up having to cancel diamond, will these locational rts's still exist?
    PandasEatRamen and 607 like this.
  8. I feel like Gold and Iron's amount should be bumped up, or Diamond's should be lowered. This seems unfair to other players.
    cddm95ace and PandasEatRamen like this.
  9. Remember, any non-vanilla feature within reason shouldn't be ever seen as "unfair". Before this update, everyone had 0 of these. Now people have at least one. Everyone gained something here. :)
  10. Cool! I like how free players got one of this again.
  11. Cool can't wait to use it :p
  12. This is huge for shop / mall operators of EMC! After a laundry list of proposed future EMC updates that didn't include any updates for the shop system, this is a very nice surprise. Now anyone can spread their mall or shop seamlessly across multiple residences.
  13. Diamond is meant to be considered "unlimited", but the 100 is to keep things reasonable.

We really appreciate the support Diamond members give, and we are considering breaking the scale on more features and giving Diamond even more on other things too.

Currently Some people consider it better to get 2 Gold accounts, so that says Diamond doesn't have as much value, so we would like to fix that.
  14. Nice. Finally a secret dark room on my res.
    607 likes this.
  15. xD Well I can't wait to see to what you guys come up with :p
  16. The Empire simply gets better and better! :D
    607 likes this.
  17. Well, duh. How wouldn't it with such an amazing staff and community;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. AlexChance right now
    ShelLuser, AlexChance, Melk73 and 2 others like this.
  19. Hey! I expected there to be more glasses behind that one:p
  20. Buddy. Budddyyyyyy. Diamond is at the top. Diamond gets lots of stuffs. Diamond pays lots of monies. Diamond makes little kids beg to der parents. Da's Wai OKIE

*Lols*