New horses in Minecraft!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wisepsn, May 30, 2013.

1. Bump for ponies!
    jtc0999 likes this.
  2. Yeah... What is the deal with donkeys and items???
    wisepsn likes this.
  3. I heard in 1.6 that you will be able to make saddles out of leather. True? I also heard that killing a horse will give you leather as well.
    wisepsn likes this.
  4. Too bad, brony-side of me... I'm making my horse a TARDIS. Then... I do this:
    wisepsn and Adderwolf71 like this.
  5. mba2012, PenguinDJ, wisepsn and 2 others like this.
  6. Saddles were craft able in beta 1.6 but was removed due to dungeons being pointless then. I doubt it will be added again.
    wisepsn likes this.
  7. I'm assuming that we won't be able to ride our horses from res to res while in town. Is this correct?
    wisepsn likes this.
  8. I've tried to ride a pig through the streets some weeks ago. As soon as I touched my neighbor's lot the pig disappeared.
    Silken_thread and wisepsn like this.
  9. :eek: When 1.6 comes out there should be a flag that lets horses come into residences, so if you try and get a horse on the res, it won't disappear! I should tell jack about it.
    brickstrike likes this.
  10. This is amazing
    wisepsn likes this.
  11. ^i doubt horses will be teleportable as that is just a huge mess of coding for very little pay off like imagine 50 pages of code atleast just to get your horse and whatever it has to follow you intentionally every time you tp.

say bye bye to the normal update and dragon tombs just so you can ride a horse into town from wild/ tp from res to res
    edit: ninjaed
    PenguinDJ and wisepsn like this.
  12. Changing horse AI would not be necessary.
    Let's say you need to ride the horse and then use /town or /wild or /waste.
    With /wild-s south outpost, /waste-c for center, /waste-nw for northwest etc.
    That would be enough.
    Silken_thread and wisepsn like this.
  13. Bumpy Bumpy
  14. I like the horses as well! For me, I am really looking forward to being able to travel faster and use less food. I also like the aspect of having another pet and with the new name tags, personalization becomes even better. I wonder if the shops will sell horse eggs?
  15. Seeing as it would take a great deal of getting them without eggs, they will sell horse eggs most likely.
  16. Bump for teh ponies! :3
  17. It only takes two horses...
  18. Actually, Saddles were craftable from sometime during alpha and were removed from being craftable in 1.6 because they didn't really have use + Dungeons didn't really have any good loot, and were only useful for mob spawners.

Horse saddles, however, have been introduced in the upcoming full release 1.5 and are craftable.
  19. ... That was only Horse saddles which will not be added. They now only have the old saddle which will not be craftable because they want you to look for dungeons and explore.
  20. What if we could eggify the horses, so if you wanted to go to the wild/nether/wastelands you could just eggify the horse, go to the wild/nether/wastelands, and then you could deploy the horse