new flag?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by luck50897, Jan 15, 2014.

?

would you want this ?

Yes: default off 18 vote(s) 69.2%
Yes: default on 2 vote(s) 7.7%
No 6 vote(s) 23.1%
  1. Hey guys!
    The people here at EMC seem to be very skilled at coding MC plugins and I was wondering if this new res flag was at all possible.

I was showing some people around my res the other day and some one asked me what was in my chests, so I had to tell them. It would be really cool if there was a way that you could look into over people's chests without being able to take items.

Leave your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote in the poll!

EDIT:this could also be useful for seeing the exact stock in shops! Some one in the comments also said that it could be a [VIEW] sign above the chest!
    trent948 likes this.
  2. This seems like a good idea to me!
  3. but what business is it to other people what you have? to me, this would just add another annoyance of a flag that you will have to worry about. i don't want people going through my things, that is like making the walls of your house/bedrooms/bathrooms/dressers/closets/or garages all glass.
  4. Mabye not a flag but like for instance a [VIEW] chest where people can view whats inside of it but not take anything for specific chest.
  5. But if it is default off... Then you shouldn't have to worry.
    607 likes this.
  6. I don't see this flag being a Positive or Negative affect on Emc. Coding wise.. I won't know what it would take to make it one but Emc coding Staff has other things to do then make a flag to see into other players chest.
    PenguinDJ and autumnrain26 like this.
  7. Lolz. This lookz similarz. Oh wait. I posted this suggestion a while ago.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  8. sorry man didn't see yours honest
  9. No problem/
  10. People would probably find away to dupe...
  11. NOOOOO. NOO MORE FLAGS. There are already like ten billion flags, but this is a good idea. Voted.
  12. I'd think it's a good idea, but this could lead to begging, and as stated above, duplicating. It wouldn't be much of a flag, I just don't know what to call it, though.

It's a good idea, it just needs some work first.
  13. Dupe? Don't think this is poss' anyways...
  14. " Poss' "?
    607 likes this.
  15. *reads title*
    NO. NO MORE FLAGS.

On second thought, that's a little creepy to know what other people have. :confused:
    technologygeek likes this.
  16. Something that is similar to this is the ability to let someone pick up a book in a chest and read what it says then if they try to leave the res or throw it away somewhere it goes back into the chest. Don't know how well that could work but iv seen similar stuff done in other places. So you never lose the book basically. For like rules to a game or story etc.
  17. I just don`t see the point, the only time this could be useful is in shops, and the buyer would already know. No point really, cool idea though.

P.S. I like that idea though, if it would work.
    607 likes this.
  18. Well also for when you want to type something out that's really long without having to put up like a dozen signs and having to abbreviate everything you can to fit it all in there. And with the way players are these days some just take books and either read what they say and leave forgetting to put it back or just take it just to be rude. I have many instances where I could use something like that instead of spamming a bunch of signs all over a wall and expecting someone to read it by walking quite a ways sometimes.
  19. I like this idea.

I like it a lot.

Could work with feature signs too, [ VIEW ] signs.
    607 and SkidzGaming like this.
  20. I think it will be made eventually, but the system for res and chat commands is in the process of being updated. For instance some of the options are now clickable. Once all the old commands are updated, we will be able to better consider adding new ones. A res flag or sign or a flag for only shop signs viewable, the possible uses are there.

Making an enchanting table able to contain books that people can read, but not take would also be really cool.
    607 likes this.