New Feature - Residence Permission Groups! 7/22/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 22, 2015.

1. :( well i guess I'm half story that I didn't have it backed up, but on the other hand, your world is what caused it to break :/

STG use to be a "something that can be recreated if it was lost" thing in the past and never added backup to it after we started using it more >.<

I'll be adding back up to it now...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Yeah no joke...
    And the ones you are talking about probably would have to have been remade anyways.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Head stacking...thank you!

Would you consider making /res glist only available to the res owner, players with admin flag on that res, and those within a particular group, similar to how /res loc list works?
    Equinox_Boss and cadgamer101 like this.
  4. Seeing as how this is just a restructuring of /res info, I don't see why that would be necessary.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Group limits are per residence right? For free players they can have 2 group 5 players per group per residence?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Yes, per residence.
    Equinox_Boss and cadgamer101 like this.
  7. I hadn't seen this post today, but earlier I put a head in my vault and it stacked with older heads! Then I stacked every head in the vault page and it worked perfectly! What a great way to discover a server update. Thanks guys!

Also, to anyone with head stacking problems still...consider using your vault to get them to stack. Place the ones that won't stack in the vault, then close the vault. When you open it again, it should stack.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. So I opened my vault today that had the heads in them and the like named ones stacked with each other :)
    Equinox_Boss and PenguinDJ like this.
  9. At first my mob heads did not want to stack... they seemed to stack... glitched and then unstack.
    I put everything in the vault, closed, re-opened... and it works! All stacked now :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I found something minor:

if you type /res grename (name1) (name2)

it will say in chat: Renamed group (name2) to (name2).

It should say (name1) to (name2)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. :eek: I might have to get on later and check all these new and cool things out.
    Thanks for all your hard work Aikar and Chickneer
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. I don't know where else I should post this, so I'll do it here.

Upon joining the server, my screen looked like this:

I left to see if the same thing would happen, but it didn't. What happened is still strange, though.

I have also noticed that in 2012, logging onto an Empire Minecraft server while standing on a residence would bring up one welcome message of a residence into the chat. Sometime during 2013 or 2014, that disappeared. It reappeared earlier last month.

EDIT: this is definitely a bug.

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Eh. Yeah. You may blame me for that last bug. I removed some code that I thought was not very important. Did not give me issues in testing... But I will be reassessing it when I get off work this afternoon.
  14. I noticed another change. When you walk onto a residence with -move, is the server supposed to move you to the town spawn? That happens to me.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Similar issue, that I am aware of.
    Equinox_Boss and Ultimamaxx like this.
  16. also due to the same change.

We're trying to clean up some code to simplify it and caused these issues.
    Equinox_Boss and Ultimamaxx like this.
  17. Regarding making food "fair" in the arenas:

Before I go to the arena or anywhere like mining, I plan ahead. Do I have the right equipment? Do I have ample supplies and backup for an emergency? If I am traveling do I have a route planned and are the things I am taking appropriate for the environment I will be traveling though?

I can understand complaints about the disparities in armor, weapons, and food like gapples in the arenas because of the cost, but if someone can't plan ahead far enough to bring more than a couple pieces of food to the arena they kind of deserve to do poorly.

I don't play in the arenas much, but I dislike seeing them reduced to the lowest common denominator, fists and no armor, to make them "fair". It dilutes what little sophistication there already is in the combat aspect of the game.
  18. I am a new player and joined the Empire 3 days ago. I don't have good stuff. I spent all my rupees and decide to go to the PvP arenas anyways. I then decide to use the Fair arenas, because my starter armor won't hold up against the other players' items.

I go to a shop to bug food and oh! I only have 7r as I spent all my rupees building a shop. I now can't PvP because I don't have any food or rupees to spare. :(
    Gawadrolt and Equinox_Boss like this.
  19. That's not to say fair PvP is for newbies... but it's an example. The arenas should be completely fair, and that does include food.
    Gawadrolt and Equinox_Boss like this.
  20. Those restrictions are ONLY on fair pvp. With the intention of being more skill based instead of item based...