Netheric Studies Charter and Recruitment

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Perry_Stahlsis, Jan 21, 2015.

1. I'm considering applying, but I am curious about the expected work schedule of your Full Membership.
    Ya see I'm one of those players whom has many ongoing projects (none of which I want to abandon), but at the same time I like hanging out with others at particularly group outposts. I'm currently involved in 7 projects, so time is divided up short for me. Not saying I am not willing to help others or to do my share, but I'd be in a small timeframe.

How long is an expected work session (daily) for a newbie to the outpost ? :p
    Thanks!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. I don't think you really have one... an expected daily work time I mean
  3. Okay well to widen the range, how about in the timespan of one week ? :confused:
  4. Real life first!

We're very laid back at our core. Do what you can, when you can. And the main goal is Have fun!

If you're not having fun as a full member, you can always talk to me about it and we'll figure something out. Hopefully it results in figuring out something that you find fun and integrating it into NS. Maybe it's Honorary Membership. Maybe we go our separate ways, but stay on friendly terms. Or maybe real life has you so busy so that you can hardly login and you're feeling guilty about it. If that ends up being the case, my advice will be "Relax. Real life comes first. Have fun when you're on. Participate when you can."

For example one of our full members has moved into a new house and started a new job. Those are two huge life changes back to back! She's hardly on right now. But because she's wicked cool and really nice she's staying a full member as long as she wants to be one.

So send the application. Include the requested info. We can talk more one on one if you have further concerns. :)

And thanks for the great question!

P.S. My own schedule is currently sporadic due to medical concerns. (I've not been able to work the past few months, but will be returning soon. So in preparation for that I try not to login outside of hours I could actually do once I return. That usually means evenings and weekends.)
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  5. Reading through the OP: YES YES YES YES YES....
    • Be willing to travel 25 minutes, by boat, one way, until frontier outpost teleporting is implemented.(Bring a spare boat or two... in case of squid collisions...) A nether-rail may or may not be in the works and/or exist. You must join to find out.
    nope nope nope nope
    Galantisizer likes this.
  6. We have solved this problem by now (Thank you EffinBatman)
    Travel time has been cut significantly, maybe Perry should update that :p
    Perry_Stahlsis, Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  7. "Significantly" better either mean: by twenty minutes or have been automated, if so then we need to hang out because this sounds like a lot of fun :D

Edit: I cant be 25 minutes out from the pvp arena, soz
  8. If you think you'd be a good fit for NS, please submit an application as described in the charter. :)
    As for travel time, if you go by boat, it's the same, otherwise, yes we now have a faster means of travel.
  9. Is it too late to apply? I apologize for bumping a thread that is quite old, but someone had it in their signature, so I clicked it. I feel a bit of nostalgia from seeing this thread. :)
  10. Hi galantiszer if you would like you can PM perry. He is usally on the forums.
    Galantisizer and Dragonhawk32 like this.
  11. Thank you. I am active on the forums, but do not know anyone that can refer me. Shall I just put a name or two that I know?
    Perry_Stahlsis likes this.
  12. I would start a pm saying your interested then head over to smp6 and hang out. most of the members are smp6rs
    Perry_Stahlsis and Galantisizer like this.
  13. Hey Effin, thanks for fielding this. I'll be checking my PMs shortly. But yeah, Effin covered the bases of what I would have said.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  14. :O im not listed as honorary member! :O
  15. LOL. I need to update it. After I replied to Galant's PM i realized I left your name off the "not currently honorary members, but whose recommendations I'll take" list I gave him. Opps!
    Galantisizer likes this.
  16. May I join I am 17?
  17. Hi Zikko, thanks for the interest! Please read the charter and send me a PM including the pertinent information.
    Oh, and we're based on SMP6 (i.e. Frontier HQ location as well as most players homes)

I will be logging in to MC in a few minutes. I don't usually play and lurk on the forums at the same time (too difficult for me to recall what I"m doing in either place...) so please be patient with any delays. :)
    Galantisizer likes this.
  18. I was out sick for a bit and forgot about this conversation. Sorry. Yes, the travel time is roughly 5 min now. That's what significantly means. And yes, I do need to update things. I've just been putting real life and having fun first. :)

EDIT: Also, I just recalled, from other people I've talked to, it's come to my attention that ours may be one of the fastest locations to travel to in the frontier. Just keep that in mind as you look at other Frontier Empires. River Run, I've heard is about 25+ minutes by rail.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  19. My outpost takes 2 minutes to get to. :p

Edit: it IS established.
  20. Is that in human years or dog years?