Need people who will work on BIG! Wild base.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by CyborgTed, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Alright... Well at least update the thread or something.
  2. ?
  3. Tell us if you ever do finish.
  4. I wish I could help :(

I have so much homework this year, I might not be done with this night of homework until the second corner...
    That's what I get for taking all AP and honors classes :/

Edit: //set 0

How bout dat
    tedrocker and MrUnknownian like this.
  5. I came here to say holy crapping crap. A 600x600 pit to bedrock is unfathomably huge. I am working on a 100x100 pit to bedrock on another server, which is 1/36th the size of your pit, and it is taking donkey years. You're going to need more than 4 people, if you intend to have a life outside of Minecraft.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. I completed that 100x100 on another server like 2 weeks ago xD We also do have more then 4 :)
  7. Rejected!
    Luckygreenbird and tedrocker like this.
  8. You plan to build farms in a big hole, <-- Ears prick up.
    The people who help get to use the farms, <-- I'm still on board.
    15k Nether blocks out ( 8 * 15000 = 120000), <-- Oh...
    Won't build a Nether rail out of fear of griefing. <-- Eyes cross...

I was considering offering to join just for something to do and the experience, but afterwards I would probably hang out there until I had to go back to Town then never come back because of the distance and lack of safe transport.

Your ability to generate items is going to outstrip your ability to transport them safely by far, even if you don't bore yourself to death running back and forth.

I've supplied a shop from a base that was about 3k out, the trip being part boat and part rail and even that got tedious after a few months. I don't recall ever dumping any inventory by dying but I was also running tunnels part of the way and in a Boat the rest.

You may want to consider finding a location closer in instead and maybe segmenting/hiding your transportation and or the farms.

Griefing is over-feared anyway. You are more likely going to have people who are awed at what you've built wanting to squat at your farms than trying to destroy them.

Either way, I think we would all like to see your progress as you dig and build. Please post as you make progress.
    tedrocker likes this.
  9. Sent you a P.M about something :) Or sending :p
  10. Currently, we are still debating wether or not to build a nether rail, but I am confident it will be 15k+ out...
    Though I do agree with you - Griefing is over-feared for sure. But, there will be 100's of thousands for rupees worth of materials, not to mention our time and effort, that are going to be poured into this. It's important rather than making a griefing just unlikely, that we make it as close to impossible as we can.
    boozle628 and tedrocker like this.
  11. I actually have a private gold farm about 20k nether blocks out. What I did was I have bridges and tunnels and whatnot that lead to about 1,000 blocks out in the nether, then a portal to the overworld that goes about 500 blocks, then back into the nether for a nether rail. I have found this method to be extremely safe and quiet.
    Pab10S likes this.
  12. Hmm, may do that.
  13. Constantly digging for hours on end, sounds like the perfect waste of time. I'm in. And about the nether rail, you could make a maze thing (I will explain later) every 1000 or so blocks.
  14. Dragonhalk made the convo because a member had left so you got to wait to be added to the convo :p Also have a skype?
  15. depending on what server may be willing to help smp5 is mob arena server so that 1 is not going to happen
  16. Well we all have agreed on 5 so that won't be changing.
  17. Okidokes sounds good. I'll tell you my Skype in the convo. :)