Need people who will work on BIG! Wild base.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by CyborgTed, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Haste is a yes... You will see why after we dig the 100x100 then the rest...
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. Ted I also could make a mine cart rail to travel the 15k
  3. Nope.... Makes griefing a much more possibility
  4. You realize that digging a 600x600 hole is nigh impossible, 23M+ blocks to be dug. I've dug 1 1/2 100x100x65 holes and they take a while. I suggest digging a few of these(1-3). You will also need a haste II beacon (for when there is no group) and a LOT of picks/someone to repair them daily.
  5. We did 100x100 in 4 days...
  6. And Canuck, and a few others and I have dug two 100x100 all the way down to bedrock spanning and lighting up all caves. Trust me it will take you guys a few months, it's insane. We're working on digging another 100x100 pit and it takes a while even with TNT, haste 2 and eff 5 picks, and 6 people
  7. This is 36 times bigger then that. 144 days if you worked at that pace every day(which I doubt could happen).
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. I can confirm that digging 130x130x40 takes 3-4 months for one person with haste2 beacon and unbr3 eff3 pick (wich i can have in unlimited count), so for 6 players that would be half month, 4-6 h a day work. Multiply that by about 10 .... of hard work ;)

I wish you all luck, but as Canuckshockey said, try smaller ones.
  9. Also, I've built a 16 pod Iron farm. It takes up 400x400x140. You might just want to dig a 200x200 to fit all your other farms in there and leave the 400x400 out of it. The only thing that digging to bedrock for the iron farm will accomplish is well, 5 more pods. But if you only want to do 16 pods then I suggest not bother digging that extra 400x400.
  10. Iron farm will be outside the hole :)
  11. 29,920,000 blocks @ y72 AVG.

AVG U3 durability = 284 God Shovel repairs & 3800 God Pickaxes..

Yeah, good luck with that.
  12. If your going to make a base do it right >.> Why you all react and the repair's won't be bad because first thing we do are going diamond mining every day.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  13. So on top of the already huge amount of time needed to dig you will need to go mining too? Please take my advice, dig a 150x150 at the most. I assure you later you will feel better. Just try flattening the ground in a 600x600 do to Y60, see how it goes. That is 3.38 DC's of diamonds just for picks and shovels. You would need to do TONS of mining to even come close to that.
  14. I have dug this pit on another server I play on >.> so please stop...
  15. Guys, if he wants to take on a task that big, then let him. Just because it'll take 2000 man hours or take 3DC's worth of diamonds, doesn't mean it can't be done. I look forward to checking it out when it's done. Out of curiosity, are you leaving the top level of dirt on until the end so people can't find it on the live map?
    tedrocker likes this.
  16. We all will be map hid and we will be in unloaded chunks and on a random z cord as well so it will be a struggle for players to find us. You won't be able to check it out because the fact you won't be digging though. We do need 1 more person.
  17. Well when you do finish please inbox me, just hide the cords or whatnot. I would love to see this.
  18. Nope, your not willing to work for it... Only those who do will know :D
    MrUnknownian likes this.