Need kids account/res fixed asap

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by mjnoe70, Mar 31, 2018.

1. While I do not control generally when my kids or their friends get on to EMC, I know they have votes every day because I do them to ensure they don't lose their residences. So how would a residence get removed?

Can someone please fix halehydra44's residence at 216? I have all of my family and a couple of their friends all together in that area and want to keep it that way, plus she lost her whole res build.

This does get complicated as I vote for all of my kids too (trying to keep this from happening) and I vote a pattern, but the two places I vote for halehydra44 do not appear to have been reporting the last 9 days. Of course her account is much older than 30 days so not sure why she was placed derelict and cleared already for 9 days of voting.

Hers are always on MinecraftServers.biz and MinecraftServers.org. I can't see if the other accounts are getting credit or not for votes but I had them each get on today to verify and all the other residences are ok.
  2. Votes not reporting is usually a problem with the site, not EMC. Speaking from personal experience, staff can't restore a residence lost even if it is a system glitch. Also, voting only keeps the derelict timer at a week. If votes didn't register for 9 days then the system would have claimed the reses. Make sure to log your accounts on once every 30 days to reset the timer to 30 days.
  3. Another tip is to use /p or their forums account to check if the voting sites are reporting

If you time yourself right, you can vote up to 8 accounts using topg, which almost never fails.

Another trick I sometkmes use, is that if I know I am going to be away id get sn iron support voucher, which is just 55-60k and redeem it. For protection of 1 month

As for getting your stuff back, staff can’t do that. Maybe GRIP can help you, but not sure if they handle these
    607 likes this.
  4. Thanks for the response, but it should not have reset and cleared in even 7-9 days.... That is complete crud. I have 7 plots around one of my residences that have had no activity on them in weeks or months and are set to derelict. Something was a bug/wrong for this residence to reset like that. We're talking about a player with over a years voting done not a new player. It needs to be fixed.
  5. The system is weird when it comes to claiming reses. It's possible someone force claimed the residence as well. I believe you can /report a residence that has been derelict for a long period of time.
    607 likes this.
  6. The last login for the account was February 3rd, almost 2 months ago. Voting successfully was last 9 days ago and only resets the timer to 7 days. Nothing bugged out. The system has checks and balances to only pull when we need residences and it pulled a random inactive residence group which included this one. You can reclaim the plot with your account if it is not already assigned to a new player.
    607 likes this.
  7. So a year long player voting after 9 days drops and nothing is abnormal? I thought voting protected your residence from loss?

res 2913, right across from 194 is 120 since last sign in derelict never voted. 2912 next to that 258 days never voted, on the other side of the first on 2914, 250 days since last sign in and never voted. Please, something has to be wrong, they have the base stuff or stuff left on them. My daughters res is EMPTY.

....and there are at least 30 free residences on the /map on smp1.

This really seems like something isn't right.

Not to mention, I realize your team can't do anything about sites not registering but I have no way to know that 2 web sites are not working with EMC either until something happens. I voted on one of my sites today just to get a new vote on it.
    Tuqueque and IsaacNorman like this.
  8. After hearing that, it kind of makes me wonder, why doesn't the system pick a free res first, then once there are no more free reses to pick from, then randomly start claiming derelict reses?

Just my 50 cents; the development team probably has a reason why it doesn't do this...
    ILTG likes this.
  9. Well they are about to have 10 more free empty residences to pick from on smp1... I will not be staying and I'm the main reason most of my kids and there friends do play here on occasion. The sad part is going to be deleting all the good stuff I have gotten while on here. Some of the older historical items are not replaceable.
  10. Don't worry man, you're not the only one who's leaving the servers this year, I'll be leaving as well. (Different reasons though.)
  11. Can't you just vault that stuff? That way it won't be deleted.
  12. I don't plan on coming back if I leave. It will do one no good if someone doesn't enjoy something it is not worth the stress to the owners and staff nor me. I'm not here to make any enemies so I'd rather walk away understanding the disagreement was there and the reason.
  13. mjnoe,

Don't let a setback like this cause you to leave a server I've seen you love. You're mad at the moment, just log in on all accounts to save all reses for 30 days, and then take a 25 day break or so to cool off, noting somewhere to return after 25 days so this doesn't happen again, and continue playing like normal.

You might not know this, but I've had a friend's residence been cleared away on the matter of less than one day before. That was during the summer holidays of 2013. I was extremely upset, we had over 250k worth of stuff on that residence (mind you, diamonds were 42ish rupees back then, and the amount of inflation since is insane), and it was only derelict for one day. But I went on. I just continued having fun on holidays, took a bit of a break, came back later, and continued playing! Since I've learned. I've never had any of our residences become derelict ever again, since 2013! 858 was the first residence I claimed on this account, and I've never reset or reclaimed it.

And you know me, you know I still have loads of fun on EMC whenever I can. Did the loss of that residence and its items suck? Yes, of course. But I accepted it, dealt with it, and just went on.

To this day I have all my items on my alt's residence, that isn't derelict protected. Yes, all my promos, special items, everything. But I log in at least once every month, and to add to that, I also vote for all accounts, and it isn't completely by accident that I vote on that account on a site that hasn't had too much problems in the past (serverpact.com).

So, again, don't leave, log in on all accounts once, take a short break, and come back with more energy and excitement than before. See you in a bit. :)
    607, haastregt, ILTG and 3 others like this.
  14. Thanks for the thoughts Tom. Just will not matter. I'm pretty final on things once I make up my mind. It's likely a flaw. I'm not even stating I believe anyone else is handling it wrong, just that I do not agree. I'm happy with my progress in 1 year and roughly 2 months of play. Met a lot of good people, accomplished some good things, did things in the wild, town and amassed a small fortune in rupees and items. The only thing I have to do is decide what to do with what I have if anything...
  15. I understand that you are frustrated, given the time that you have put into EMC with your friends and family. The system is encountering a LOT of log-ins this week and will continue to do so, as it's a holiday and spring break in many areas. Some residences are not registered properly in this dereliction system. Generally, these are the older ones that you are mentioning. As a result, the system doesn't choose them because it doesn't even know that they are there. I'm going to go through and reset a few of these manually to help the system out, as it's definitely working overtime.

To explain what I mean, yes you see that there are 30+ residences open at the moment. However, 16 of those were reclaimed by the system in the same round as your kid's residence. Another 16 were the day before that. These numbers are specifically for smp1. The system is constantly reclaiming residences to make room for the new log-ins. With high demand comes the need to make sure that you are maintaining activity. I advise starting a regimen to verify your vote with the rupee accounts for the accounts in your household.
  16. Thanks for explaining the issues, but it doesn't help the issue at hand. I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my thread and trying to explain reasons that helped to create the situation. EMC seems to have good developers and staff, I'm hopeful this will help this happen less and less to others in the future. What you do is a thankless job and takes a lot of time and effort. It's much appreciated. I've taken enough of your time for this. I wish you and the server the best of luck in the future.
    Tuqueque and 586 like this.
  17. See this as an opportunity. Go build together with your daughter, on a new fresh residence. Say that it was accidentally removed, but that there's now new room for new, even better projects.

Sure, I recommend taking a timeout, but do return afterwards. Please. I've seen your passion for EMC, and it cannot be destroyed by just the loss of a residence.

I felt somewhat like you when I lost that residence in 2013. I took a small break. But I returned afterwards, and have had only better times since.

Sleep over it for some days, weeks, maybe months, you need that. Let the topic rest for a bit, only making sure other residences don't get lost. Then, when you have an empty afternoon... preferably together with your kids, hop on again. Rediscover what you, though unnoticed, missed. Rediscover the fire in you to continue having fun on EMC. It's still there, I know it, but it just got put out a bit. Not entirely, but almost. Deep in there, there's still a strong part left, though, and while resting, that part will quietly grow, until it's let out again, on that free afternoon, together with your kids.

I'll try again: see you in a bit. :)
  18. Mj. Havent bumped into you in a while but I would be sorry to see you go. I agree with Tom 100% here.
    Think about it and consider a rebuild. If there is any issue regarding lost materials I am more than happy to contribute towatds the cause. I am certain many would help out.

Its a good server... and we've got your back...

Either way.. all the best.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  19. I would suggest voting on 5 or more sites to account for and sure issues. And more 2 times a week instead of once a week.
  20. Apologies that this has happened, and though I didn't know you, I bid you farewell...
    I was going to offer help finding reses in another spot that y'all could share a family area, but I understand stress and worry bothers you here. Not worth it, to stress in game. It'll burn you outta the game, in a heartbeat, yup.
    So, goodluck wherever you go.