N.A.S.A Has made Something that Left our Solar System!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DemonThunder345, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Cool or No

I dont care 3 vote(s) 6.4%
Cool :D 44 vote(s) 93.6%
  1. Can't we stop debating about tripods.
  2. Voyager 1 has been in the oort cloud for nearly 12 years now, and the oort cloud isn't that thick in interstellar terms.
  3. The Oort Cloud is approximately 50,000 AU from the sun, nearly a light year. Voyager 1 is only 125 AU from the sun. It has not entered the Oort cloud and none of us alive today will be around when it does. The outer limit of the Oort cloud is the boundary of our solar system and the last region of the Sun's gravitational influence.
  4. It'll take 30,000 years for Voyager One to clear the Oort Cloud
  5. Oh god, 30 thousand years. =|
  6. I hope we don't find anything hostile!
  7. I see now. I got misinformation before. My bad.
  8. What
  9. Well if there is anything else intelligent out there, there is most likely going to be some hostile ones
  10. Unfortunately we won't even be able to tell unless one of two things happens.
    A) Voyager One mysteriously crashes when passing a planet where there are no asteroids.
    B) Voyager One crash lands due to fuel loss and sends footage of a hostile race blowing it up.
    This is because of two things also :p
    Voyager One is traveling outside the atmosphere of anything, and it was launched 36 years ago, and has crappy cameras ^_^
  11. What...
  12. So whether there are any things out there as smart as us, we won't know because we were not very smart and didn't have good cameras attached?
  13. Yup pretty much.
    See above...
  14. I see. (actually I don't) What is this Oort cloud you speak of?
  15. Im guessing a huge cloud.
  16. It's the name of a section of interstellar space.
    For example, our galaxy is called the "Milky Way" But there is no milk.
    It's an idiom. :p

This doesn't happen a lot any more where scientists actually name space objects them selves, because planets and stars are based off a System of location and attributes... so, like A-11 Type star 154 has planet A-11-154 52 (made up name of course xD) It's a weird system, but, it is what it is.
  17. I thought it couldn't have passed the Oort cloud by now...

The Oort Cloud is basically a massive version of the asteroid belt. It's a section of space, still under the influence of the suns gravity, where everything left over from the formation of our solar system went to hang out. It's where all of the comets come from.
    brickstrike likes this.