N.A.S.A Has made Something that Left our Solar System!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DemonThunder345, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Cool or No

I dont care 3 vote(s) 6.4%
Cool :D 44 vote(s) 93.6%
  1. cows licking icecream :D
  2. 91 armed eye cars, duh
  3. don't you know? that's where icecreamcow came from, duh
    Elysphic likes this.
  4. Sweet! Can't wait to see the information it brings to us! :D
    Panda_Paradise likes this.
  5. They found 3 planets that can sustain life but are way bigger than earth in march i think it was.
  6. Then we should live there.... well you guys should.... I should go die there!
  7. That.. Would be hilarious.
  8. The thing is we have enough room to fix everybody in the U.S. in Texas with a 6 acre plot for the whole country, the problem is the limited resources.
  9. :D
    Those aren't tripods... they're receptors, I think. Also, the Voyager is an unmanned Spacecraft.

They've found a ton of those.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. Stop killing people's excitement please. >.< Demon was just sharing a funny little story.
  11. Just going leave this here so learn more about it :) : http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/
    Also they launch Voyager 1 September 1977 and Voyager 2 August 1977.
    mba2012 and DemonThunder345 like this.
  12. The scientific advances of man are amazing. Just 200 or so years ago thomas edison made the first true working and sustainable lightbulb (he did not make the lightbulb, he improved its design). Now we have self driving automobiles, we are going to mars and we can go faster than the speed of sound. We don't try to play nature, we expand it.
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  13. Indeed, its plutonium power source will decay completely within 10 years, unless all those exotic particles affect it somehow.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. thanks! :D
  15. He said it has tripods, I said it didn't... because, well, it kinda doesn't :p
    jkjkjk182 and cddm95ace like this.
  16. Captain obvious.
    It's an easy way to describe pointy sticking out thingies for people who are not spacecraft engineers and who don't know what every component of a spacecraft is, because they just look a bit like tripods. His whole post was obviously a joke. Your comment in this thread was like watching a movie and having a guy sitting next to you saying at every little thing "Oh that's so unrealistic!".

Anyways, I suggest you all take a look at Dwight's link and please keep posting more about what you guys think of this awesome achievement of NASA!
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  17. Transmissions from Voyager 1 actually only take 17 hours to reach earth right now, so less than a day.

And Voyager 1 hasn't left our solar system, it has only entered interstellar space. Our solar system is defined as everything that is affected by our suns gravitational force. This includes the Oort cloud. It will take Voyager 1 another 300 years to reach the beginning of the Oort cloud, and 30,000 or so to actually exit it. In 40,000 years it will reach the nearest star and be influenced by its gravitational force. This star will be Gliese 445.

By 2020 the JPL will begin shutting off scientific instruments to conserve power. By 2025 they will have shut down all scientific instruments.

In 40,000 years Voyager 2 should be making its 1.7 light year close pass of the star Ross 248. Voyager 2 will also be shut down of all scientific instruments by 2025.
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. Wow some people here have been studying this stuff for a while!
    607 likes this.
  19. It's actually not being captain obvious. He said they were tripods and it could land easily, so I informed why it couldn't and why they're not tripods. I wasn't trying to ruin the joke, I was replying to his misconception. Also, your comparision makes little to no sense :p
    cddm95ace likes this.
  20. Just drop it alright. Yes yes not Tripods for obviuos reasons he made simple mistake I do that on daily bases its a part of learning process.