My Refrigerator Set a Pizza Box on Fire

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Slvr, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was trying to punch in the little flap on the side. My nail got caught on the side of the box. The rest of my thumb went in.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  2. Well then :eek:..... That is pretty sucky! Being a licensed cosmetologist, I have heard of pretty good reasons for thumb nails coming off, however because of a cat box, that takes the cake........However one of my clients literally tripped on air and broke her face on a hutch once......Pretty bad.....I am sorry you had such bad luck, but again I am glad that your entire house didn't burn down as a result of a Fridge that for some reason hated you....
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. This makes me rethink on getting Papa John's again :eek:
    We3_MPO, khixan and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  4. Isn't that a sign from god to support your local pizza store?
  5. The fact that they don't share any of their ingredients whatsoever and are a scummy company (and personally, their pizza is some of the worst I've ever tasted, as well as the most expensive) didn't do it for you? Damn.
    We3_MPO, 607, khixan and 1 other person like this.
  6. if u want real pizza, you need to go to new york city. if u dont live near new yorkcity best of luck man
    khixan and SkeleTin007 like this.
  7. Hell yeah \m/
    khixan and Rayaan5235 like this.
  8. I've been to a city, and in my humble opinion... *clears throat* no.

Now, let me explain: I know this is a crazy thing but I'm actually an extremely introverted person. A city is fun for about 2 days. After that, it's terrifying, I want to have some quiet time, and I would LOVE to be able to drive my car around without having to stress about whether I can park it without paying crazily for it just because the joint I want to go too is slightly too far to be walking. I have always lived in a suburban area; we drive everywhere, if you ride a bike you're asking to get hit by a car, and you don't have a lot of mom and pop shops around. Perhaps other more people-oriented individuals enjoy having that closeness and familiarity, but I do not, and I like having my own space and privacy.

I might visit New York some day if I needed to to visit friends or family, but other than that, I personally have absolutely no reason to go there. Not even for your pizza. :p
    MoreMoople and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  9. Just an FYI about PapaJohn's I have heard, uses peanut oil in their sauce so if you have a peanut allergy stay away.
    khixan likes this.
  10. Your refrigerator was trying to tell you something important I think...

Let's talk incredible cheese pizza (just addressing the classic here).
    1. The oven.
    Brooklyn knows this best (all hail NYC!). Real pizza comes from a stone oven with a solid 4-6" thick slab of stone. These ovens are not allowed to be installed new in several states because they are a fire hazard. They take so long to heat up that they are never turned off. These are the real deal, and you will see them in awesome pizzerias. For the ultimate perfect crust, this is what does it.
    2. The dough.
    Bread flour, sugar, yeast, olive oil, salt, water. That's it. If they add anything else in, they're masking the taste of crap ingredients. The entire bottom of the pizza should be crunchy and strong enough to carry the nirvana of cheese and sauce to your mouth with only a little help. The rest should be a thin layer of fluffy deliciousness.
    3. The cheese.
    Low moisture mozzarella. I will accept a dash of cheddar or other low moisture cheeses for extra zing.
    4. The sauce.
    Sweet tomatoes, less acidic. You also want a high ratio of tomato flesh as compared to juice and seeds.
    5. Seasonings.
    Salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano. That's it for a classic. I'll accept parmesan, romano, and/or hot pepper flakes as a toppings.

And that folks is the classic pizzafarian approved pizza! :D
    Rayaan5235 and 607 like this.
  11. AND YOU PEOPLE THOUGHT THIS STATUS POST WAS A JOKE
  12. Touche
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  13. GET OUT OF MY HEAD
  14. ... (I tried to write those dots in caps, hm, didn't have an effect)
    I only realised just a few moments ago that it was your refrigerator that did this, not your microwave.
    Wow. :confused:

I am very amazed, both by your refrigerator managing this and by me interpreting 'refrigerator' as 'microwave' throughout this entire thread. :p
    Sazukemono, We3_MPO, Jelle68 and 3 others like this.
  15. I enjoyed this too much. Needs cookie emoji
    We3_MPO, DufTheHalls, khixan and 2 others like this.
  16. 🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪
    We3_MPO likes this.
  17. Slvr, is there anything in this world that you haven't broken yet?
    We3_MPO and khixan like this.
  18. I'm working my way down a list.
    We3_MPO, _Devuu__, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  19. You and Chin would make a very dangerous combo. #SlvrChinBrokeIt
    We3_MPO, _Devuu__ and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  20. That sounds like "Slvr, Chin broke it."
    To which I would say, "I'm sure he did," and then proceed to munch more popcorn.
    We3_MPO, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.