My Minecraft Launcher won't load. =(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crystaldragon13, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Seems you're using too old hardware on windows 10 or windows 11
    Like 2010 and before cpu generation doesn't support tpm, core isolation
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  2. Do you have any anti-virus software installed besides Windows defender? If so, its possible the anti-virus is setting off a false positive and blocking the loading of the .dll file. The fact that it occurs with a known good dll file leads me to believe another application is preventing the dll from loading.
  3. Like him said, also check "allow applation through windows firewall" in search bar, then lookup for "change settings", then checkbook next to "java tm platform se binary".
  4. Another issues is mc new launcher cause trouble and can't launch into mc, and it happen with my test computer. You will need to download old mc launcher (click here)
    Use windows 7/8 version instead if you don't install windows 10 into your pc
    How windows 11 look like (the windows version i'm using):

Windows 10 look like:

windows 8/8.1 look like:

windows 7 look like:
  5. This may sound stupid but is the launcher from the windows store or is it a downloaded launcher from the minecraft website?
  6. if she download from ms store, then probalily it have issues
    depend on version she download on mc site, if download on main site (e.g click directly in minecraft.net) minecraft alaways suggest lastest version, and it have same issues with ms store
  7. I tried all the things above and still getting the same errors. Thank you again for your help! <3
    607 likes this.
  8. I just wondered cause sometimes when u aren't on gamepass and use the launcher on the ms store which is game pass only it spits out errors left right and central
  9. What errors did it give when you tried multimc? That launcher should be looking for its own dlls and not the Mojang launcher's dlls. If possible, could you post the entire log file?

EDIT: I would also suggest running the following command in an elevated command prompt:

sfc /scannow

This command will verify the integrity of the windows system files and repair them if possible. Are you by chance using Windows 11? I know Mojang borked the launcher and it loves to fail in Windows 11.
  10. This does not seem to have to do anything with "outdated hardware" as people have suggested, but more with you having built the pc yourself, based on this simple google of the issue (and subsequent first post on reddit, in the build a pc subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/bkjsaq/how_to_fix_standard_hardware_security_not/).

I'm mostly interested myself why it asks for the .dll in your appdata -> Local folder, as it shouldn't be there.
  11. Of course a .dll of a native windows app like the launcher is in local, .dll is a shared library for your system. (Dynamic Link Library.) Discord, FireFox and most games on my PC all have DLLs in the local directory. :p

In windows, the three directories, Local, LocalLow, and Roaming each have different access levels.
    Roaming is the folder that gets synchronised with a server when a roaming profile is enabled for an application. Firefox tabs are saved here for example, making it possible to have the same tabs on all devices.
    Local is the folder that is specific for your computer and your installation. Servers cannot write to this folder, meaning everything saved here is for your specific installation.
    LocalLow is the same folder as local, but can be accessed by less secure software. When protected mode is on, applications can only write here, not in the base local folder.

An app can chose whether ir wants to save to local, locallow or roaming. Desktop apps tend to use the Roaming folder, because synchronising between installations on different computers is useful, (and because saving parts in other directories only for windows is a bit of a hassle) but native Windows apps, like the MC launcher, tend to save in Local, too. Stuff like DLLs make sense to be saved in local instead of Roaming.

-

I do find the location interesting, though. None of the computers in my position have the Microsoft.4297127D64EC6-8wekyb3d8bbwe folder, and googling it gives this thread as the first result. Crystal, could you verify that you have this folder?
    In my previous post, I "misread" it as the Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe. "8wekyb3d8bbwe" is the Windows store code for bedrock edition, so I still think it's an issue having to do with either bedrock edition, (Never mind, it's just a general Windows store thing) the bedrock edition launcher, or the bedrock edition addition to the vanilla launcher, but it is not as clear-cut as I thought.

If you don't have the folder, I would suggest you make it and subdirectories and pasting This file in it. That is a native system32 .dll that windows might be looking for. I recently removed all unreferenced DLLs from my system, so I didn't have any in the Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder. If anyone who hasn't done that but does have bedrock installed can look for DLLs in C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe that might be helpful. :) (Just use Voidtools, everything)

I saw you suggested it, but I didn't see a response :p

Could you tell me which DLLs MultiMC was looking for? If it is not the same dll, I might have a suspicion what is going on. I think we might be dealing with an overreacting virus scanner / security feature :p
    607 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  12. Here's what she sent me on Discord:

All of those are included within MultiMC.
  13. That is indeed very weird. Just in case, here are these DLLs for my working installation. It could be tried to replace all the downloaded ones with these, just to see if it might be a corruption of kinds, but I doubt that'll work.
    This also eliminates the option that the there is something wrong in windows settings. (Maybe the Local directory couldn't be accessed by applications that need it.)

If my above thing didn't work, this, too me, looks like windows flat out doesn't allow applications to read secondary files, though that can easily be debunked by it running literally any other application. Maybe it only limits newer applications, though. For most applications, the .dll is the first thing it checks for in its dependencies, so it makes sense that, if it cannot read anything, the error is about a .dll.
    To see if something like this is the case, though, here is an idea: shut off any virus scanner and windows defender bloatware you might have, and run MultiMC as an administrator. I doubt that that'll work, but, at this point, it just might.

Additional ideas:
    Run windows file checker. "sfc /scannow" in command prompt (which also needs to run as an administrator.) This checks for obvious corruptions in your system
    Run Dependency Walker in the MultiMC folder to see what it is checking for, and confirm that the error messages show the files the code is actually looking for.

There is a nuclear option, too. Try adding the location of the DLLs to %PATH%. The problem with this is that working on %PATH% has the possibility to completely brick your PC if you don't know what you're doing. Additionally, it might not work. However, if it is truly the last option (I don't think it is, jet) you might want to try it.
    This effectively bypasses all windows settings and regulations, as well as regulations MutiMC might have, and just forces all apps to have access to these files.
  14. This was very helpful because this is what I think the base problem may be but .. tbh.. It was absolutely greek to me but will pass this on to my friend who has been helping me. Thank you to everyone who's tried helping .. you have no idea how much I appreciate it. <3 <3 <3
    Egeau likes this.
  15. The reason you don't have that folder is because the first part of that folder name is unique for each computer. For example, my computer's folder name is "Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_8wekyb3d8bbwe".
  16. I *know*
    I should state it differently: I do not have the Microsoft.XXXXXXXXXXXXX_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder, and I couldn't find any reference to it. This is where it should be, as I think it has to start in a number, though I did go through the entire folder just to see if there wasn't even anything similar to it both on my PC and on my laptop.

Not every Minecraft installation needs it, apparently.

This is not entirely true though, I don't have this folder in appdata, and I didn't know there could be one there, but I do have it in C:\ProgramData\Packages, but that is a windowns system file containing the CID, which suggested to me the launcher.dll it is looking for isn't a minecraft file, but a general windowns file. This is why I suggested to make the directory and use the launcher.dll from system23. :p

I was wrong about "8wekyb3d8bbwe" though, It's a general Microsoft thing. I have uninstalled most native Windows systems, so, for me, the only files that end in it are associated with Bedrock edition, but, according to a random person on StackOverflow, it's a string that Microsoft uses to make sure there is no conflift with usernames.
  17. Now I wonder if the name '8wekyb3d8bbwe' is reserved... someone's got an alt they wouldn't mind to try it out with? :D

I hope you manage to fix your issue without too much hassle, crystal!
    crystaldragon13 and Egeau like this.
  18. crystaldragon13, 607 and Egeau like this.