My Minecraft Launcher won't load. =(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crystaldragon13, Dec 29, 2021.

1. It's been very frustrating. I've tried everything the online help has said to do except maybe some stuff that looked sketchy or I just didn't understand what they were talking about. Not a computer Tech genius. Anyway.. here the error I get:
    Couldn't load launcher core from C:\Users\sudie\AppData\Local|Packages\Microsoft.4297127D64EC6-8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\game\launcher.dll:LoadErrorNotPresent

I can't seem to insert the pic of the error but this is what it says:
    Unable to start the Minecraft Runtime Environment. This is most likely caused by a corruption. Please try to reinstall Minecraft.

I've reinstalled mc sooo many times. =/ I'm at my wits end and I really have no idea what to do at this point. Thank you for even trying. <3

Nickblockmaster likes this.
  2. Thanks weeh! I've tried those too.

Ooooh.. didn't see the vid part. Will go and watch now. (fyi: I just uninstalled mc restarted the pc and still got the same error)
  3. crystaldragon13 likes this.
  4. Nickblockmaster likes this.
  5. Having to reset your PC because Minecraft failed to load seems kind of drastic to me, I take it you tried the other steps above that post?
  6. From your post \AppData\Local|Packages\Microsoft.4297127D64EC6-8wekyb3d8bbwe, mine is a different package - mine is
    Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_8wekyb3d8bbwe, is your pc fully up to date?
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  7. I'm hoping someone else pitches in with some other ideas...
  8. Okay crystal, i got this (W1therSkeleton with name change):
    First, win+s (or search in windows), then type "dxdiag" and hit enter. After that, click on display tab, and see what card is it.
    If they start with nvidia, click here:
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    If they start with amd, click here:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support
    If they start with intel, click here:
    https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa...rylabel=Asia Pacific#support-product-selector
    Make sure you lookup it nicely, otherwise it don't work
    The syntax look like this: "Nvidia geforce...." "amd radeon....." "intel hd/iris....."
    Refernce part 1 video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mb0ZsXRNAuQ
  9. Hello my friend! I'm having connection issues as well atm. Having to use phone and only have 2 bars. I did the dxdiag and followed that but now it's telling me my pc isn't compatible because the "Standard hardware security is not supported" I built this computer myself so I don't know how to do all the other stuff .. it's never needed it before this is what it's telling me on the info pages (I don't have a manufacturer to contact. :confused:)
    Standard hardware security not supported

This means that your device does not meet at least one of the requirements of standard hardware security.

Improving hardware security
    If the security capability of your device isn't what you'd like it to be, you might need to turn on certain hardware features (such as secure boot, if supported) or change the settings in your system's BIOS. Contact your hardware manufacturer to see what features are supported by your hardware and how to activate them.
  10. I would say the best option is to try using a different launcher entirely. Have you tried https://multimc.org ? None of your settings will transfer over, but the old .minecraft folder will stay untouched.
  11. I haven't but I'll do that right now

Ummm.. what do I use to open it? File Explorer or 7-zip File manager?
  12. Either one should work. It'll contain an executable file in it which you need to run.
  13. Ran it and got an error.. sent on discord.
  14. Same here.

Hmm, this is odd. And you said that it's not ever occurred before? I have encountered a similar issue before. I fixed mine by backing up my content, and completely wiping minecraft from my system. Fresh install, and update.

At first glance, it sounded to me like outdated drivers or corrupt software, which as you know is an incredibly vast number of possibilities. I would rule out hardware fault.

I would be willing to bet though, it's software related. You need to make sure windows and your graphics card doesn't need any updates. Sometimes these little buggers will hinder you, despite working previously.

You mentioned reinstallation doesn't fix this. Are you positively sure you're launching it with a clean copy when you're trying this? If you tested it, from your old folder there could be corruption there. . .

Have you tried the compatibility troubleshooter utility?
    It's not always a surefire solution, but sometimes it helps to narrow down your search.

Another thought - Can you manually run the launcher with administrative perms through the installation folder? The launcher is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft

Maybe try a different installer to handle it, but I don't believe this is what you need. I will dig around a bit, let you know if I can find you anything.

crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  15. Thanks so much Nick! Yes, I've done all those things.. btw running via admin does the same thing.

Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  16. Definitely sounds like there is something wrong with the dependencies... This .dll it cannot find is a file used for installing the launcher, for bedrock edition. It is usually left behind after installation, but it shouldn't even be needed to run Java edition.

I would try installing MultiMC, and running that instead of the default launcher. It isn't just a different launcher, it is also way more customisable on a technical level, meaning it is a lot easier to troubleshoot than the base launcher.

Before running that, I would also update to the latest version of Java, making sure to select it in the MultiMC profile.

If that doesn't work and you have a bedrock account, I would try running bedrock edition, launched from the Windows Store. If what I suspect is true, it will crash and ask you to reinstall bedrock edition. Do this, and the launcher bug should be fixed. It could very well be that I am stupid, though... :p

If that doesn't work (because you have never run Bedrock, for example,) I would suggest using CCleaner and starting up the Registry cleaner, which, for the free version, is under registry. There, uncheck everything but "missing shared DLLs" Scan, click review, backup if you want to (it will pop-up) and fix by cleaning it out.
    This will un-reference the .dll in the launcher, hopefully bypassing the issue, as the launcher will then create a new one. knowing it isn't there.
    I might also just be extremely stupid with this one. I don't really understand how DLLs work, but, let's just put it this way: it would be one of the things I'd throw at the wall to see if it sticks if I would be having this issue. :p

I hope that helps. :)
  17. I already suggested that to her, and it gave the same error about not finding DLLs (which were in the MultiMC Windows zip already...)