Most and Less FPS You Have Gotten

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 29672057602, Sep 19, 2016.

?

How much fps do you always get

0 - 16 4 vote(s) 7.5%
17 - 35 4 vote(s) 7.5%
36 - 100 23 vote(s) 43.4%
100+ 22 vote(s) 41.5%
  1. I have a nice empty wallet too :p
  2. I just got 127 FPS :D
    Tuqueque and AncientTower like this.
  3. I sit around 75 normally. With the lowest graphics setting possible, no HUD, etc..looking at the sky in an empty res I can get 500

Foam's shop brings be down to about 5 :D
    DufnePoodle and AncientTower like this.
  4. My friend has a god tier workstation that's used for a multitude of CPU and GPU intensive tasks, hence 2x TITAN X Pascal's and a heavily overclocked i7-6950X all on dual loop radiators for the best performance possible without worrying about thermals. (I built dat! :3)

I convinced her to tell me the FPS she'd get in certain games... :p wonder if she did it yet
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  5. ... and my coworker was freaking out over the system I'm using my friend sold me lol. He might blow a gasket at that.

I think im in 400's when playing the fps game, but i do cap fps to keep load down as in testing i usually get 3 accounts loaded. Note I'm in Linux, so not the best GPU drivers.

I'm about to upgrade from SLI 590's to a single 1070 GTX. I need to do this to get my 6th monitor working, and lower power bill and i think the 590's are failing anyways.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Usually in the 5-10FPS range.

My laptop is pretty dead (although it runs way more resource intensive games than Minecraft, so I dunno actually...)
  7. I'm building my own pc soon, With a 1080 or higher (might even get a titan xp), ill take fps screenshots for you guys when I make it, expect like 50,000
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. 36-100 on that poll is a pretty wide range. On the other hand, I've hit almost 5k on all lowest optifine settings and looking at the ground, and I've hit the 15s when running almost 160 mods (That was in a really highly demanding area though). I average about 100-150fps although I can get over 500 in less demanding areas.

Build (For those interested):
    4820k (4 cores/8 threads) Overclocked to 4.5ghz
    Hybrid Cooled 390x running at 1100mhz
    16gb 1600mhz G.Skill Ram (I should overclock it sometime....)
    2 500gb WD Blacks in Raid 1 (OS), 1TB WD Blue (Games), 1 1TB WD Green (Backups)
    Lots of fans... darn you AMD and Intel's Ivy Bridge...
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. Errr, expect 300fps average... Minecraft is purely CPU based and isn't optimized for more than 2 cores really. It hardly uses the GPU in fact. Intel hasn't seen many major improvements in CPU IPC since Haswell. More cores just allows some of the load to be taken off the first couple cores and therefor causes an increase in framerate.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. I'm getting an i7-6800k, or maybe a 6700k
  11. A single card more powerful card is almost always better than multiple cards anyways. SLI (and crossfire for that matter, but not to the same extent) isn't worth it much anymore, as many games and programs don't make use of it, and on top of it, for many games it is a pain to get it to work.
  12. Yeah... neither a 6700k or a 6800k will get you 50k FPS... even heavily overclocked using LN2 for cooling.
    NathanRP likes this.
  13. Yeah it's quite the expensive system, let alone how she was able to get a TXP... I hear it's quite a long frustrating time of checking every day. Her old system covered the video cards; she was able to reuse her X99 board, sold her 5830K plus 3-way 970's and wanted a custom water pipe setup (where I come in haha) as opposed to air because it got noisy and concerning during the summer, and we sold like $100 of fans (huge case don't ask)

Honestly if I were her I dunno why I'd swap off that lol... besides 4K games and fun stuff. She does a lot of intense graphics and CPU stuff, doesn't sound like english when she tries explaining it to me lol. I think the tri-SLI is worth swapping off because tri gets to have latency issues and stuff, plus I think you need two 1070s to get a half decent framerate at minimum at 4k, two TXP's I'm confident would get her to 60 FPS on decently high settings minimally. As far as CPU's go I've never seen a 4.2 GHz overclocked hexa-core fall behind. Must be future proofing... but I never bothered asking actually.

Never used a display port hub, I take it that's your method of hooking up 6 monitors? Cause uh, beware the 1070's have 3x DP, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI-D. Not entirely sure if all can be used together, my friend with the Titan Pascals (same outputs) has a 4 monitor setup which is split between both cards (a 1920 x 1080 wacom tablet monitor 60Hz, a 144Hz 1440p monitor, another 144Hz 1440p monitor, and a 4K 60Hz monitor) but that all falls in using the DVI-D's and the DP's...