Mojang Released 1.11, you must downgrade to play

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm quite convinced that I speak on behalf of the majority when I say: whatever you guys do, please take your time and don't rush (or force) yourself into things.

I say that for 2 reasons, obviously the bugs and the testing and all that. But also because we're heading into the holiday season. And that is also important!

And thanks for the update Chickeneer, appreciate it!
    ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  2. EMC typically waits until Mojang fixes bugs from the main release. Doesn't mean that they won't wait until 1.11.x to be released to start making the transition though.
  3. Should be noted there is a 1.11.1 already planned though on Mojang's end
    607, ShelLuser and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. In the past we've waited till it was stable to even start the update. Which worked out good as were always busy

I plan to jump on working the update ahead of time, but may delay final release if its not stable. But least well have the hard work done BEFORE the decision of stable.
  5. There were a lot of bugs fixed in 1.11, for long it took. There aren't any game-breaking bugs that I know of. But some users have reported crashing on the official bug tracker.
    I myself haven't ran into any unexpected crashes with 1.11, so far. 1.11 is a lot more stable as it is currently than 1.8 and 1.9 were initially.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. ShelLuser, 607 and Lilzies like this.
  7. Whooh! Means Aikar can get a bit of an early start :) take your time though, we don't want any yucky bugs!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  8. But I'm questioning about a software called "Paper" EMC also uses. I think that has to get updated to 1.11 too, before actual server development to 1.11 can start.
  9. https://paper.readthedocs.io/en/paper-1.10/
    ShelLuser, Lilzies and ForeverMaster like this.
  10. You guys have a wiki page for everything.
    ShelLuser and LilyInAction like this.
  11. It was literally the only way I could get that message on the homepage too.
    Lilzies likes this.
  12. Must mean Aikar is close to getting 1.11 updated but just not in time for the Supposed December 5th reset.
    ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  13. The counter was pointing to the wrong date (it was pointing to a placeholder one), so the message change is just me overriding the message and changing it to a more generic one until the date's confirmed - it doesn't indicate any specific update dates.
    607, ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  14. This needs to be closed.....(just throwing that out there)
    UhWolf likes this.
  15. In the future, just report it or leave it to rot in the old threads section. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.