Mojang Released 1.11, you must downgrade to play

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I saw this thread coming.;)

Anyway, I know a proper date to upgrade EMC can't be accurate this early. But, there's a suspicious header in the Event Hub page. December 5th, 3 weeks from today, seems like a realistic time frame to EMC 1.11. Is that the official target deadline for the 1.11 update?

1.11 and 1.10 has far less internal changes than 1.9 and 1.8 did, a reason why those versions took a long while to reach. From what I've seen and read, there's nothing significant from 1.10; 1.11 changed the syntax of various Vanilla commands and the internal names for entity IDs ("minecraft:MinecartRideable" is now "minecraft:minecart").

The Spigot developers are planning to release Spigot 1.11 by the end of this week, which EMC uses. Therefore, EMC cannot update this week, if I'm right. I remember Kryssy said back in June with 1.10 she wouldn't give an estimate release date, probably because of what happened when getting to 1.9. At least by myself, any date for EMC 1.11 is fine, as long as it's before a reliving Christmas vacation. A good amount of people would be very happy, and I bet any staff will be too.:cool:

As always, Staff and Developers, good luck on development next week. This New End will deliver optimism to the Empire!;)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. W00t, those pictures look familiar!

Know what Aikar? I'll create new ones with the right version numbers and I'll point Alex & Fendy (and you, just in case) to 'm so that you can decide if an update might be useful or not (I assume this is featured on the wiki, it looks that way).

Just because I left the contribution team doesn't mean I've stopped caring, contributing and trying to help out if I can.
    Eviltoade, 607 and TasteOfTerror like this.
  3. Same :p but I am too lazy to use 1.9. I need the most recent optifine XD, optifine is probably what causes it for me though.
  4. OMG 1.11 is out?? *Runs off to play with llamas*
  5. Thank you, Aikar!
    ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  6. Style it up with the new launcher. :cool:
    cowland123 and 607 like this.
  7. did you update java?
    Themoglover likes this.
  8. So i EMC on 1.10 right now is it still a 1.9 world and 1.9 items?
  9. EMC is 1.9 with 1.10 client support. We will add 1.11 client support soon, maybe tonight (but still be 1.9)
    nuclearbobomb, Kytula, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. Is it just happening on mine, or is the launcher not have a updated form with 1.11? I can play 1.11 from changing the version, but there does not appear to have a release notes on the launcher page. Anyone else have this problem?
    crazyminerpete likes this.
  11. Isn't only you, seems my launcher also doesn't show 1.11 announcements. I didn't even notice because I usually only pay attention to the profile I'm going to use :)
    607 likes this.
  12. Same issue here
  13. After MC updates to 1.11.1 when will be the minimum time for us to update . Do basicly im asking, when will be update after 1.11.1 is released? A month +? A week +?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. Did EMC directly say they'll update after 1.11.1? The current, most recent Minecraft version is 1.11, or 1.11.0. It may be too early to give an estimate for the release. We have to wait at least until next week, when Spigot plans to release their 1.11 version.

Regardless if there's a response or not this week, I wouldn't recommend over perseverating about 1.11, unless you're in need to be prepared for when it arrives. I got into really big real-world trouble waiting for EMC 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  15. True.
    However, if it wasn't for not being able to switch versions, I might've never started playing on EMC...
    So I suppose some good came from it! ;) (at least, I hope you see it as good :p)
  16. Well, right now EMC has announced that the wastelands will reset in 20 days. So my guess, even though this sounds quite daring to me, is that we'll be upgrading in 20 days (at the time of writing of course).

I do hope that Aikar is planning on keeping us a little up to date though. So that he'll also keep 1.11.1 in mind (which I'm sure is going go be released soon, there's an annoying bug with mob heads in 1.11 (which even got found in the pre-release but totally ignored by the devs so far :( )).
  17. It's actually very easy to work around the bug. I was even able to fix it by a Resource Pack.

I have a link in my EMC Forums Signature that'll take you to texture packs I'm using. My "Forever Tweaks" pack for 1.11 has the fix in it.;)

Don't worry about the display. You should be able to download my resource packs (some weren't originally mine) from the top-right corner button.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Same
  19. I would agree that 20 days would be a bit optimistic (not impossible either though). Considering Spigot won't release for 5 more days. Then a couple of days for paper to build off of that. Then that would give us 2 weeks to not only update our server software but also implement changes to accommodate the issues that must be dealt with, when jumping ahead to 1.11.
    On a positive side, Spigot HAS released API which I have already mapped out some basic changes which come with every MC update. I helped quite a bit when we updated to 1.9, so I have knowledge with that side of the update process.
    We also have had conversations among staff regarding some of the politics which muddy up with the best course of action.

TLDR: We have a plan, but it could take a little bit of time.
    1.11 Client support will be released soon though as Aikar has an opportunity.
    607, ForeverMaster and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.