Mob spawning rate decreased?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by AlexC__, May 29, 2012.

1. Same here, My blaze spawner made a whole 2 mobs drop down before they all just sat up there.
  2. You should never, ever, ever, ever AFK at a mob grinder for 20 minutes.
  3. Why?
  4. OK, since I still don't know if the change in behavior will stay or not, I already adapted my blaze grinder to deal with it. Testing now, hopefully it works.

If the behavior is reverted, then my changes will be unnecessary, but the grinder will still works. So it just became more robust.
  5. Did you simply add another ring of sticky pistons? I did this to a blaze grinder which is now using 60 sticky pistons, and while this did help quite a bit since there is not a single spot for a blaze to sit and rest, it stopped working after a few rounds of grinding, and there are blaze actually floating above the pressure plates not triggering anything. Next step I guess would be to pull the pressure plates and put everything on a clock, but I fear they will just start floating in mid air in the middle of the cone without dropping.
  6. the 2 grinders i have in my village on smp9 work great. i found no problems spawning at all ( 2 cave spider spawners and 1 zombie spawner )
  7. Same thing with me. I wait 5 minuts and I get 1 level of xp, now I wait 5 mins and I get 1/2 level. I know, It's weird.
  8. It is rude. 20 minutes is far to long. Mobs will build up far to much and cause a lack of natural spawning on the server.
    roblikescake likes this.
  9. The problem were the corners. I already had pistons in every space. Now it's working fine.
  10. I did the same thing to the ethos design, and it will work... for a while. Mine stopped once the blaze decided to float in the air (bobbing) above the pressure plates. I guess I could put them on a clock but then I worry they will just continue to float in the air.
  11. what i did was block anyway tht the blaze can just stand on something like i filled all the sides so there are nothing to stand on and i filled thr corners to the top and it works great now :) ( theres suppose to be a period somewhere in that sentence :/
  12. So far mine continues to work, they haven't started floating above the pressure plates, and I managed to gather more than 100.
  13. It seems to me that JustinGuy has updated CraftBukkit++. The version went from 189 to 248. From what I see in the forums 248 is buggy, not sure if Justin is aware of this but it is affecting the servers.
  14. Because Melody needs her slimes to spawn :p

Heh, I can get 300+ zombies off a double zombie spawner on Utopia. Works just fine for me.
    melodytune likes this.
  15. but aikar said not to let it pass 150
  16. As I said, I can. Did not say that I do. I generally stop between 150-200. Being on Utopia, however, it's okay to go a little over the limit.
  17. yeah ur right i do go past 150 at times though :) and ummmm gooooo cake!!!!
    roblikescake likes this.
  18. this is funny because i wait 10 mins and went up 9 lvls ( this is on smp9 )
  19. I was playing on smp5 at lunchtime today. It was a long lunch and I didn't see one mob the whole time. I've been mining on smp7 tonight since around 6pm. It's nearly 11pm and again, not one mob. I'm not even bothering with torches or looking around. Just digging until my inventorie's full then skipping along merrily back to town. I'm even considering leaving my weapons for the extra space on the next trip back. Of course then whoever's doing this will decide to go to bed, shutdown their grinder and I'll get raped.

If I wanted it this way I'd have joined a creative server or just stayed in town building things.

EDIT: I spent about ten minutes in the open, in the dark out in the Wild posting this and yep, I'm still alive.
    melodytune likes this.
  20. You guys are killen me. Please stop letting your mobs accumulate at all. When I use the skele/zombie grinder I have access to I stand and kill them as they come out. It might not seem like letting your spawner get to 150 is a big deal, but it takes less than 4 people doing it at once that way to kill the spawns on a server! I can not grasp why anyone would want to "afk grind". Spawning is exceptionally bad on Utopia because I think that is all anyone ever uses Utopia for. It is so unfair to people who need or want natural spawns in game. If I had any say in the matter I would say there should be a commandment against AFK grinding. Anyone found AFK at a spawner would be banned. Please guys, have some compassion for your fellow EMCers!

Silly Rob <3

Have a G'night guys.
    Runewulf and roblikescake like this.