Mob spawning mistakes and you.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrlegitislegit, Jan 6, 2013.

1. 2 creepers in a fully lit house, and it was a small house. How am I meant to take them out.

It is, because I had loads of stacks of gun powder from doing it. Best way imo
  2. Ah - try and ask that kind of stuff on a wall post/PM :)
    nfell2009 likes this.
  3. I wasent exactly thinking at the moment.
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. Had this happen at the LLO. As you know, I have a habit of leaving creeper explosions wherever I go, and one spawned in a well-lit building right infront of me. I originally went in there to kill a zombie, but then the creeper spawned and exploded.
    1) It's not all about you.
    2) With that spelling you're getting nowhere.
    3) If you want to make mob grinders, go on single player or go back to Roblox.
  5. I think that Aikar was trying to make it balanced with his most recent update - he reduced the amount of monster spawning (for those living in the wild), but it's still higher than vanilla for those that go out from town to hunt. So I think you'll need to just agree to disagree because I don't see much of a solution that will please everyone. :/
    southpark347 likes this.
  6. 'nuff said. i agree
  7. I really liked the parts, that I but in bold :)
  8. I personally see a compromise. I like the amount of mobs spawning. It makes the game more of a challenge. (I am mostly a wild dweller) Also, I'm terrified that messing with the mob spawn rates could put us back to our summer situation, where you could wander the wild without seeing a mob -ever. This is better than that was, by a lot. Thank you Aikar for putting the mobs back into MC. :) The mob caps are quite a lovely addition. It makes it fair for everyone in the wild.

However - I do want mobs to follow the spawning mechanics rules. Mobs are spawning above light lvl 7. Mobs are spawning in places they should not be - like in water and on glass. This part does need to be fixed. You shouldn't have to deal with creepers in your lit homes.
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. First they was whining about no mobs spawning at all, now they are whining about mobs spawning :confused:

I like when there is alot of mobs, makes minecraft abit harder. I don't like how "easy" this game is :(
    Pab10S and AlexChance like this.
  10. You could say, Winter is coming :D
  11. I say all the wild dwellers kit up and make sure the wild is as well lit and secure as possible. Quarrying might be a solution to stop mobs spawning underground and coming to the surface. If you have a house in the wild, quarry everything beneath your house and a 5-block radius around it, and fill it in with dirt. keep the 5-block radius around your house lit with a grid of torches spaced 3 blocks from each other, and put a fence around your house. Light up you roof. If possible, try to expand your enclosure beyond the radius to make more area safe.
  12. No this is perfect so maybe you can learn how to kill mobs without dieing.
    Pab10S likes this.
  13. Guys. You are turning this into an argument. It doesn't have to be. No one is really wanting less mobs. We just want the mobs to be less buggy and spawn only where they should be spawning.
  14. I don't think anyone could afford that since one Aperture Science Dual Portal Device is worth more then the combined organs and income of <SUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE>.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  15. Its easy to kill them, I just don't like it when I have to deal with 10 at one time.
  16. You be all like:

*In wild 20000k blocks away from spawn*
    Yeah It's day time1 Time to get out my 3456 pieces of diamond blocks and break my bed!
    *Breaks bed and takes out diamonds*
    *Creeper spawn*
    @#%^@#^T@$%@T^#@%&^%#@ Yells and scream while cursing.
    *Minecraft guy dies*
    @^U&#^%&#^$%#@%$&$@%&@$%^ Guy curses.
    *Random guy who joined EMC 5 minutes ago somehow teleports to the guys base*
    *Picks up diamonds*
    I'm rich!
    *Creeper spawns again*
    Sssss... BOOm.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  17. Lovely. Today I encountered three creepers spawning right IN FRONT OF ME. :mad:
    I lived, with about a heart and a half…
  18. I've noticed this too, I had a creeper blow up my enderchest and bed the other day. -_-
  19. I'm quite happy with the spawning. Personally, I think it's the perfect balance. For a few months, prior to any entcount code, the wild was empty. And man, was that boring.
    Pab10S likes this.
  20. I've done looking into this but I can not see a cause other than a hunch.

https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukk...et/minecraft/server/SpawnerCreature.java#L131
    Code:
    if (worldserver.findNearbyPlayer((double) f, (double) f1, (double) f2, 24.0D) == null) {

This says, only spawn if it cant find any players within 24 blocks.

I can't see any reason that a monster could spawn within 5 blocks of you, and have never personally seen this.

I don't deny that it seems there is a rare chance of them ignoring light level, but I've looked at the code too:
    Code:
                int l = this.world.getLightLevel(i, j, k);
                if (this.world.M()) {
                    int i1 = this.world.j;
                    this.world.j = 10;
                    l = this.world.getLightLevel(i, j, k);
                    this.world.j = i1;
                }
                return l <= this.random.nextInt(8);

https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukk.../net/minecraft/server/EntityMonster.java#L140

the only way it can spawn at fully lit rooms is if the getLightLevel is not returning the correct value.

It is possible our Spigot base softwares changes is impacting light level. I've raised question to the devs there..
    but there isnt much left here for me to look into.