Misc Updates / Performance - 8/30/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Explain please? :3 You know you're making us curious!
    Hashhog likes this.
  2. Last night, the zombie and skeleton spawners at a friend's outpost worked perfectly. Today, they will not work. When we turn the lights off, it goes dark in the room, like it should. But, once I relogin, the redstone lamps are still 'off', but the light levels are around 9 or 10. The lamps are off before I log off, light levels at 0, then I relog, lamps still off, but light levels are at 9 and 10? Seeing as there were 'bug fixes and miscellaneous updates' last night, I am kind of wondering whether somebody *cough, Aikar, cough* broke it? Or is it just our little area that is having issues?

And take note, these spawners worked perfectly last night, cause I used both last night.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  3. I'm having the above issue now. Nothing at all is spawning and the room is light level of 0. I logged out and back in and there was still light from the lamps even though they were off. This didn't happen yesterday.
  4. There is a Bug where players are unable to place Armour stands, you will loose it, but it does not show up.
  5. Can you be a bit more specific? I tried placing several item stands and so far I can't reproduce anything weird happening.

First of all: what does /entc tell you? Could it be that you're at the limit?

If not: did you do this on an SMP or Utopia? Is this on one of your own residences or somewhere where you have an admin (or other related) flag(s)? Are there any other item stands already?
    607 likes this.
  6. Armor Stands don't effect the entity limit on residences anymore
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. I'm aware, but since we're talking bugs we also can't rule it out just yet.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  8. Well my friend was tring to place in on their 2nd res on smp6. They would place it and the stand would vanish, but no stand appeared. the entcount does not effect it and the res has 2 villagers, that's all.
  9. It's EXTREMELY likely the light bug was due to the bug we had the mid day update for.

As I said, the symptoms of that bug would be really obscure.
    Essentially, the server was re-using an object and I forgot to update the object to the new values, so it was using some random coordinate some previous code used...

So, I'm guessing the lighting calculations hit this scenario.

Please replace the block and get it to retrigger lighting calculations, as I've tested and can't reproduce now, but buggy lighting data will need to be recalculated.

As for armor stands, I also can not reproduce it. Used a non staff test account too to be sure nothing dealing with permissions.

I'll also chalk it up to possibly due to that same bug...
    ShelLuser, 607, ThaKloned and 2 others like this.
  10. Spawners are now working for me again, woohoo!
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Same here. Works now :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. Marlix aren't dropping any thing now -.-
  13. Are you sure? :D i just got a marlix boot and a marlix leggings between yesterday in today.
  14. Yea i am sure i killed 2 at once :/ an i didn't get tokens
  15. I have gotten 3 Marlix bows in the past 2 days, and one today. Make sure the mob is able to reach you at all times, and turn your difficulty up. It didn't announce any of the drops in chat though, I believe that's just a bug.
    607 likes this.
  16. Yea i looked around the area it died nothing :/
    [Edit] I also didn't get tokens :/
  17. Weird though... it only happens when they get too close to an outpost. They either disappear or don't drop anything. From what i noticed.
  18. I was in the midle of the waste :/
  19. Did you only kill one that was alone? In noticed today when you only kill one chances are you won't get anything. If you see 2 - 3 and you kill them you will for surely get something.