Minecraft story mode, easy cashing?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Sep 19, 2015.

1. You can also buy all of the game's episodes for about £15-25 in its season pass (also the only version on Steam). That's immensely cheap for a game lol (most range from £45 - £60).

£15 = $22 (€20)
    £20 = $30 (€27)
    £45 = $68 (€61)
    £60 = $91 (€81)
    Spiritress likes this.
  2. Something a lot of you are missing out on is TellTale's collection of games. I have been playing them since their grand slam of The Walking Dead came out. I have since played every game they've put out, and it's nothing but high quality story telling. I'm honestly VERY happy they're taking a turn to lighter, more kid friendly games, because everything since TWD has been rated M.

You might think $5 and episode is crazy, but I have no problem paying for it. I'm used to paying around $25 for the whole season, so $35 is a tad more than what I'm used to. That being said, you don't have to buy the entirety of the game upfront. I will be buying episode 1 and posting a review on here for those interested. I honestly prefer the $35 to a high quality game as compared to $60 for an unfinished console game.

My advice, it will MOST likely see a discounted price for the holiday of this year. Several of their titles have dropped 5-10 dollars almost immediately after coming out. If you're still skeptical, buy an episode when they're on sale.

EDIT: This is a game designed for kids who like minecraft, of course it's not going to fit your more adult tastes. I do trust TellTale to make something exciting and unexpected, as they always have.
  3. The whole reason they managed to get rights to develop a The Walking Dead game (since expanding that to include Season 2, Season 3 and Michonne's backstory) is because of games aimed at kids, so I'm really happy they're going back to their roots with this and combining it with the amazing voice acting talent they've gained since they released TWD back in 2012 :p
    Spiritress likes this.

4. Oh of course, they had plenty of kid friendly games prior to TWD (Minus Jurassic Park :p). I enjoyed their "Back to The Future", and "Wallace and Gromit" games immensely.

Something other people might not know:
    This is going to be a POINT AND CLICK game, with quick time events. This will not have any affect to the Minecraft we play. You solely play these games for the story aspect.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Galantisizer and Spiritress like this.

6. Other than "Tales From The Borderlands", Telltale has not "tried to get associated" with other game brands, but more of high-end stories. The Walking Dead = comic and show, Wolf Among Us = comic that's been dead for years, Game of Thrones = books and show. They take platforms that tell a story, and they either expand it or write something in a brand new light. Every time they make these games with another company, they work side by side with said company to perfect the story.

The Walking Dead's creator, Robert Kirkman, sat with the creators of TWD to make sure it fit the universe to a T. Same with Tales from the Borderlands, they worked directly with Gearbox to create a perfect story based game in the Borderlands Universe.

That being said, I have never been disappointed with what they have created, and Minecraft Story mode has been in the making for well over a year and a half.
    607, Elite and SoulPunisher like this.
  7. The only thing they've dissapointed me with is a tiny little detail in Episode 5 of their Game of Thrones series :p
    607 and Spiritress like this.
  8. I was whistling the Back to the Future theme right when I read that :eek:
    Spiritress likes this.
  9. Looked at a video demo, I think I might get it. It really does look like a good story that really relies on the way you act.
    607 likes this.

10. The Developers after this is released.
    607 likes this.

11. Okay, this post got messed up completely, it's hard to show stuff that are supposed to do things. xD Anyway, you can use [IMG] (or [img], but I think [IMG] looks better) before the picture, [/IMG] or [/img] after, that will embed it :)

12. I may sound like a hipster here but remember when minecraft was just...a game?

Now whenever you walk into a bookshop, there's minecraft books
    walk into a toy shop, minecraft toys
    minecraft t-shirts, minecraft bags, minecraft wallpaper
    let's not forget about the countless millions of let's play channels
    and now this?

I remember back in alpha when it was a simple, creative game with a great concept. Now all Mojang are doing is adding unnecessary things to keep the game alive. In my opinion, Beta 1.8 is where the game started to go downhill
    SoulPunisher, mba2012 and snow_freak like this.
  13. More merchandise and online popularity doesn't have to do with the game starting to go downhill.
    And most merchandise isn't invented by Mojang, I think. There are companies that want to make money, and when Mojang gets asked to license their stuff, they agree, obviously, because they'll make more money that way.
    Spiritress likes this.
  14. I strongly disagree with you, let me tell you why:
    1. You are currently using the current version, and, judging by your residence, you enjoy the new blocks and things.
    2. Mojang has repeatedly done what the community wants
    In reality, everything in Minecraft is unnecessary. Empire Minecraft is unnecessary, but nice to have. Everything added since the very first version was wanted, not needed.
    Spiritress and 607 like this.
  15. That version was a stab in the back to people who had been playing for a long time. It was hyped up for ages, and when people finally got to play it, everything in our worlds was broken. Mob spawners, redstone, pretty much anything that took time to make. And back then, old versions weren't readily available to download from the launcher like they are now: no, they were illegal to use unless you'd backed up an old version yourself.

/endrant
  16. Partly correct, partly incorrect.

It's probably Microsoft pushing this project. Also, Mojang can't really go bust with their parent company being able too foot any bills.