[MEMORIAL SERVICE] September 11th Attacks

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 11, 2014.

1. I had started working, and when I got into the office, one of the owners had a 6" black and white portable TV tuned into the news that one plane had hit. Then, we saw the second plane hit and at that point people realized it was not an 'accident'. I proceeded to drive to my golf outing scheduled for that day, and people were massed around the bar bigscreen TVs. Shortly after the buildings collapsed, we tee-d off.
    There was an eerie feeling as zero planes were in the sky during the golf outing. Just an occasional 'military' jet or what not (or that is what we thought they were).

Yes, to any of the innocent people caught up in this disaster, my heart goes out to their family left behind.
  2. Sigh it so sad That this happened :(
  3. Any Empirians directly affected by this?
  4. Bro! How can you like that this happened?!?! You liked My post XD XD XD XD XD ;)
  5. I was only 5 years old, but I remember seeing the footage on the news, I live in Belgium and even there, more than 1000 miles away, everyone was in shock. It certainly was one of the saddest days in the history of the past 50 years.
  6. You are obviously showing your immaturity over this Memorial Service. It is not funny.
  7. Sorry
  8. I really wish i could go but can't play on school nights...what else can i do to show support?
  9. I was at work on a building site hearing it on a radio. A day that i will never forget
  10. I'm sorry to say I can't be there to show my respect to the innocent victims of this attack, I am Irish and 14, I was only 1 at the time so I'm too young to remember but pity is still the same, whether you saw the footage live or not. The Irish part, I have no relations in America but every relation or friend I've asked knows where they where when it happened.

This isn't just a day of grieving for the US, it's a day of misery for the whole world.
  11. He agrees with you, simply put. He liked the post, not the event.
  12. Oh!
  13. I think you showed your support by just replying to this post :)
    MHeller2017 and wisepsn like this.
  14. I remember when I was little looking at a book and seeing the twin towers, before September 11th, and was just amazed at how graceful the towers looked standing over the New York area and what it must be like to look at them in real life. I still remember the day, watching the tv and seeing CNN broadcast updated events like the pentagon and flight 93. But the worst thing seeing that day was the towers collapsing and seeing the devastation that happened afterwards and seeing lower Manhattan get swallowed in a smokey cloud of ash and debris. So as we sit here on September 11th 2014, let us not forget the men and women who were killed in the attacks on that fateful morning, but let us also not forget the men and women who risk their everyday to safeguard that freedom so that we may live out lives with freedom, and it is from this freedom that we are able to live free.

image.jpg
    ClareMuss and Seanawesome14 like this.
  15. Yah. I remember sitting in class and they said Teachers, Please do NOT turn on your TVs. She saw what happened online and said no. It's reality and you kids will watch it. I grew up quite a bit that day... :(
  16. Thanks for hosting this. I'll attempt to attend, but I doubt I can stay for more than ten minutes. I hope that all goes well. Even if I can't be there, I shall be remembering all those who passed away in the horrors of September 11th, 2001, on this night.
  17. If you guys saw the raid on Osama Bin Laden, one of the soldiers had a party the night before, and woke up in a pool chair facing the city, and he woke up the first plane going into the tower, he joined the army 1 year later. How bad would that have been :/

RIP, never forget.
  18. I will seeya guys at 8.