[MEMORIAL SERVICE] September 11th Attacks

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 11, 2014.

1. So sad :( I wasn't even a thought when it happened. My sister was a year and three days old at the time.
    golddigger221 likes this.
  2. Working in east Austin Texas on a building as an electrician.
  3. Wish i could be there but im banned
  4. such an unfortunate time 9/11/2001
    i was only a little lad (lol) when this happened and one of my cousins and aunts died in those towers...
    my mother said a quote that I will never forget:
    "what world have i brought you into?"
    ClareMuss and golddigger221 like this.
  5. Excuse my ignorance, but where's Location TBD.
  6. Sorry for your loss.
  7. I was working in the office, Auditing some invoices when it came on the radio, I hardly heard it as I was concentrating on what I was doing I had to stop and ask my co-worker to turn up the volume as I was sure they said a plane had gone into the WTC. We all stopped work and just listened to in a state of unbelievablity, at lunch I went home to watch it on the TV. I don't think I stopped watching the TV all that day it was all so unreal and yet it was playing out in front of us.
  8. Wow, i don't even know what to say but sorry...that must be hard...
  9. I will not be able to attend, however I would like to show my memorial to those that died in a different way. It is by no means the best, but I tried as hard as I could to make a memorial poem, so without further ado, here it is:

9/11; Remembering Those That Died
    I may just be an Englishman that was not even there,
    But I know that there were people making their own final prayer,
    I know that thousands of people died on this very day,
    But in the form of angels do their lives still stay.

Many innocent lives were sadly taken from us on 9/11,
    But they shall eternally live on in a place called Heaven,
    Never shall we forget any of those that died,
    As we pray for those that had hoped they would had survived.

Never Forget. ~Myself, FDNY21
    Never Forget 911(1).jpg
    (I do not own this photo)
  10. Especially as a new yorker this hits me hard. To think, only a few hours away two planes had just crashed into the twin towers taking many innocent lives.

Today at my high school we had a huge 9/11 ceremony where we had a flag raising, marching etc. to honor the day and the victims of the attacks. At the ceremony it was brought to my attention that the 6th-8th graders at my school were not born yet or just born before 9/11/2001. Everyone from that day can tell you where and what they were doing, but to think that some people so close to age as my peers weren't even alive for the terrors and are just reading about it in textbooks.

On 9/11/2001 I was starting my first ever day of school. I remember walking into class with my twin sister and mom, being greeted by the teacher then my mom leaving us. Not long after we were dropped off I remember my mom coming back to pick us up telling us that something terrible happened and that everyone has to come home. As a young kid I had no idea what was happening or what to think of the tears on my family faces when I got to my house.

I hope that no one takes this day lightly or makes even the slightest joke about it.

BTW, thank you krysyy for this.
  11. I was 1 year old.... I was in the twin towers visiting 1 week before.

RIP all who lost their lives.
  12. wishing i can come but im banned
  13. We get that already. Tough luck.
    Scorpio528 likes this.
  14. I was 5 when that happend, did not know about it into my parents and I watched this (Conspiracies about Bush's actions):

Then for an 8th grade payed field trip, i wen to the East Coast, I went to the memorial...I was shocked from all the names...the victims...and that's my story...
  15. What I was able to attend was a lovely, thoughtful piece of work. :) Thank you so much, krysyyjane9191, and thank you to all of those who stayed silent and respected the fallen during the service. I really appreciate that. Big things happened on this day thirteen years ago... and while they should not be lost to memory, they should certainly be treated with full respect. Thanks again, guys.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. (i say this keep in mind, i havnt lost anyone in 9/11(thus no true sadness), yes i realise what happened was bad and shouldnt be forgotten)
    Seems bit odd that you select one server and restrict freedom of speech to everyone that they could be temp banned for using town chat. altho yes if ppl are trolling and being disrespectful, yes temp-perm ban(or just simple kick or just mute them!)
    Suppose ive just seen some ppl (and this is my opinion) on there high horse and im bothered about the abuse of power here and there(no matter how small).
    I like EMC when first joined but have been growing concered about way has been moving since major staff changes.

If this was on smp8 i prob would be temp banned. I would say somthin if i wanted to talk to someone and i wouldnt go out of my way to disrespect it to.
    (thats how recent messages look like---> ya get temp banned for talking)

*edit* This is a Game.

Just my thought. I mean no Disrespect.(prob bad time for me to say this but been buggin me for some time) I hope anyone who has had loss find way to peace.
  17. First off, this is not really the place to discuss this.

Second, it is just like if you are being rude in real life at a funeral or anything public. You will be asked to leave, and if necessary the cops are called

Third, I know you said you do not mean respect, but complaining about it on here is pretty disrespectful.

Finally, if you have any concerns, feel free to PM krysyyjane9191 and maxarias with your concerns.
    MHeller2017, wisepsn and PenguinDJ like this.
  18. First-its related to current situation.

second-we are in a game "server", i didnt go to the smp4 for reason. Im saying ppl who live on smp4 have no choice in matter.(lots being there, wanting to talk)

third-i didnt mean no 'disrespect', the way you came at this seems disrespectful.(your assuming im trying to be)

Everyone has own way to cope. My opinion has to do with the event at hand and way being handled. I wanted my opinion out not just in whisper. I consider it rude to how ya replied, as you prob take this as disrespect.

I, in no way are trying to be disrespectful, i hope you and others can understand.(this is view of someone not effected by the disaster.)(i would hope everyone would have there own opinion)
  19. I see both sides as being right if done properly.

As rdmaster said, he didn't have any personal ties to the 9/11 disaster and some people may not have even been in the country enough to care. Jack approached me today confused about how much we 'remember' things like this here, not out of disrespect but simply how they handle things different in other countries, so hopefully the 'threats' of bans was just misplaced and nobody actually got banned for talking in town chat. Though, food for thought, to be extra sure of these kinds of things in the future, perhaps it could be held on a special residence with residence chat on for the event and then those not participating could still play the game they're at EMC for.

I get your argument Olaf_C, but the funeral example was a tad off in this case. Think of there being a restaurant that's open to the public 24/7 and a funeral service happens to show up there, without being closed to the public for the event. Customers may have no idea what's going on even, but all of a sudden if they talk while they're doing what they normally do there, which is eat and talk with each other, and all of a sudden the manager shows up and bans them from the restaurant because they're bothering an event they didnt know about or were involved in.

Now, if someone was being disrespectful specifically to those paying their respects, that would fall under the normal rules of disrespect and would warrant punishment, of course. Either way, it was nice that they held the event to remember those who were involved, and as long as nobody was actually punished, it's just a simple oversight that can probably just be forgotten and move on. :)