Marlix killed in full iron. Its possible.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Marine4121, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Not anymore. I ended up dead trying to do that. I don't know why I find so many momentus :(
  2. I feel bad for you! I try not stumbling upon Momentus because I'm in the wastelands gathering something. That's not a good time for him to appear...
  3. I think it's related to plain surfaces... It spawns usually on my island and on the desert biomes...
  4. That must suck for you... not all the time does everyone want to fight that guy.
  5. I usually disconnect and when I connect an hour or two later it's gone. But it's very annoying to have a momentus in your island :(
    FDNY21 and Oph5pr1n6 like this.
  6. But the sword was diamond?
  7. Momentus 1: You can read about it here: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/so-i-was-derping-along-in-the-smp2-wastelands.27875/
    Momentus 2: I was helping a group of people kill it. They were dropping like flies, but the thing only had like 10 hearts of health left xD
    Momentus 3: Was going on a clay hunt in smp1 wastelands, and while underwater, saw one. Chugged a virus, Ran over there, and lured it to me, all while it was in the water and I was attacking it from below.
    Momentus 4: Someone found a momentus about 2k blocks from wild spawn, and via pm, told me about it, and I helped kill it.
    Marlix 1: Still yet to happen.

I'm not sure what the drop rates for rares are, but I haven't gotten a single toothpick yet. :(
  8. The 3 marlix's I have found, 1 dropped the leggings and the second Dropped 13 diamonds other dropped the bow. The 2 momentus i found, I ran away (found in a desert biome near my bunker/outpost)

My best strategy to find mini bosses is to go in the wastelands unload some new chunks, find a mineshaft and explore it for 2 hours or so. Both times i did this i got the 2 marlix,s. Or just go afk at the wastelands spawn for awhile.
  9. Interested in selling the bow?
  10. All that's needed for Momentus are Strength Pots, you set up a beacon with resistance, you put on iron armor or better, pop a Regen potion, and pull out a Diamond Sword if needed, it's not hard...
  11. Agreed, I have a momentous that will not leave me alone. I can't even leave my base, every time I step outside I get insta-killed, and lose all my stuff. Who's idea was the "draws you in" stuff anyway? Maybe they should have a vanilla server for noobs like me, who want the survival aspect but not the enraged monsters aspect.
  12. You can go into water and he does not do as much damage, maybe you can even flee. My brother fleed from a momentus using water, he grabbed a boat and escaped.
  13. I took on a momentus with full iron armor. All you need is a bit of PvP skill.( No, i dont condone PvP in Empire)
  14. Nothing can tp you in a boat. Even if a admin dose /tpo. Killing a momentus in water would be much easier because, the enraged zombies cant put you on fire and you can hit him from underneath.
  15. He didn't tp into the boat, he just spawned one from his inventory and fleed. The momentus' assistants couldn't put him on fire, and they were slowlier than him.
  16. All I had to do was mention in town chat that I had a momentous near my base and several people started offering to pay me for the co-ords! One guy failed and lost all his stuff. The second guy, who did it for free, had an Epic battle with him while I watched from a boat. (I couldn't help because I had no armor as he had already killed me and I lost my best stuff. ) It was awesome, the momentous was defeated, and I have a new neighbor!
  17. first time I found a marlix, there was two....
    Was in full god armor and god tools, couldn't kill it until it got stuck xD
  18. Well i might just figured out a way to kill the momentus with nothing but a bow and loads of arrows.

1st. get a boat.
    2nd. get in it and shoot it from a far distance.
    3rd. it will die with pride and joy :)

How dose it work? Simple...

When you sit in a boat NOTHING can force tp you to them (or mob in this case) but THEY can tp to you wich could be a possable fix.
    If your a admin or have acess to the /tpohere or /tphere, tell someone to sit in a boat and try to force tp them to you. :)

Someone needs to test it :) if its true someone needs to get busy with finding a solution to fix it :p
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  19. That might work... Because my brother fleed using a boat
  20. Let me just grab this beacon and a few stacks of iron blocks i have laying around...