Marlix Bugged?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by AverageWalrus, Sep 8, 2015.

1. I have an idea.
    Maybe the marlix shoots forwards/downwards, and either hits the bat below it, or runs in to its own arrow.
    Either problem would be fixed by making the Marlix not able to damage itself.
  2. Is Marlix health a fixed const? I think I was on difficulty 1 when I saw the "20-7". Does the Marlix have 7 health on difficulty 1 by chance? (e.g. Should it have been 7-7?)
  3. TIL that Momentus doesn't float like other zombies. :( Stupid guy died when he did the jump to me and just sat there and drowned.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. I had another fruitless encounter today. No debug message, maybe that's been turned off? When he summoned assistance, I didn't see any enraged skellies around (which isn't completely abnormal in my experience), so they weren't shooting him. He did however seem to get caught up in a tree... could he be taking environmental damage somehow? Could he be made immune to that, if that is a possibility?
  5. So this morning I fought a Marlix and I noticed something peculiar and I hope it might help...

The fight went fully legit, I didn't try to "bait" the guardians but instead tried to take them on one at a time. And I noticed that when Marlix fell it didn't show any loot messages:

You can clearly see the loot lying around there, but no messages. At first I thought I only won tokens, and I'm glad I actually went over to look. I got a skeleton head, 2 dragonstone fragments and 3 vault vouchers out of this fight. Oh: and 27 shiney arrows, which I actually managed to keep this time because I stopped shooting other mobs (if you don't you risk shooting away your shineys) :)

So to make this more obvious:

All using my trusty voters gear :)
    607 likes this.
  6. I just had the same experience -- no loot message, either in the chat log nor across the screen in huge letters.

I was able to defeat him and actually get a rare drop (Marlix's Armor), so that is positive!

He also seemed to summon enraged guardians more often than I am used to (less time between each summoning), but that might just be randomness.

607 likes this.
  7. This may just be a sign of my incompetency, but I haven't seen a Marlix in two days, but have seen three Eerie Presence messages. Searched in at least a 100x100 (up to 300x300 for one) and never found any of them. Is something happening there, or am I just bad at finding them lately?
  8. Maybe they spawn in a ravine below you or something.
  9. Do you know their usual spawn distance? Or how slose you have to be to get the eerie presence thing?
  10. SMP2, /waste s (go east) has one of those annoying buggers flying around right now. I stopped fighting them because it often seems a bit of a waste of time right now. Fought one this morning, got swarmed with guardians (I think it used to spawn guardians whenever you hit it but this time was just chaos!). Then it flew into the woods, and I suppose it ran into a tree or something because at some point it died without loot.

At least I did got myself 1.5 stack of bones and arrows ;)
    607 likes this.
  11. Finally downed a Marlix where it gave me xp and mentioned the drops (though still no rare drops!) However, it was summoning new guardians to my current location every couple seconds, even when I was running away. There was a point at which there were 2-3 dozen of them, which made life really difficult. Then after about 10 minutes, they all disappeared and Marlix didn't summon any more of them until he died. I play mostly on difficulty 5, and I've only had him summon when I hit him in the past, so this is weird. I wouldn't have mentioned it save for the fact that a few people above seem to have had a similar problem.

Edit: I've had this happen more since this was posted. If that's how he's supposed to work now, that's fine, though it makes him much harder when guardians spawn faster than I can kill them.
    ShelLuser likes this.