Marlix Bugged?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by AverageWalrus, Sep 8, 2015.

1. I love this server so darn much :) sorry, sorry, its weekend :)

Edit (fixing offtopic rant): It's very nice to see how speedy you guys are with pushing updates forward and trying to squash these weird bugs!
  2. I just fought a marlix in a desert. Nothing seemed to do damage to it except my voter's bow. No credit for the kill due to "non-player damage".

My voter's bow has Flame, could the flame damage be counted as non-player?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. No, as Marlix is immune to fire damage. (He's on fire intentionally.)
    ShelLuser, 607 and JesusPower2 like this.
  4. I've come across the same issue since the fix. Is it still possible that he is shooting his own invisi-mount, as brought up by Penguinub?

Is there a way for staff to monitor a fight and see where damage is coming from? They spawn for me pretty frequently while building roads in the wasteland.
  5. Damage to the bat is forwarded onto him, and then marlix ignores damage from marlix or guardians. Is it possible that code isn't behaving as I expect? maybe, but unlikely at this point...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Marlix is being buggy just in general.

Last night I fought a group of like 20...all at once :confused: (They kept spawning in large groups until a mod came in and killed them all.)

I mean I got decent loot, but, I don't think that's how this is supposed to work :p
    607 likes this.
  7. I was fighting a marlix and it summoned its guardians and the guardian killed the marlix
  8. Had the same problem today. A Marlix spawned some guardians, and they were targeting their 'boss' :p. I don't know if they actually could damage him, but these guardians are supposed to make the fight harder, but now they didn't, they just left me alone.
  9. I've seen little groups of them a few times. I think because he's so fast and mobile, he covers a lot of ground if not dealt with quickly. Even if they don't damage each other, they see each other as hostile so they end up attracting each other and creating a swarm. It may be a bit ridiculous but it's also amusing, at least to me. :)
  10. Hmm, ok so maybe it is an issue with guardians hitting marlix still, and my fix didn't work :/

Trickier to test it, but will explore it more.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. Update from my end: Killed 6 Marlix today. 2 gave tokens, didn't say they dropped anything, but dropped skelly head and frags. This is my first time having this actually work in weeks! (though I still haven't gotten the big loot) 2 just said 'Marlix has fallen!' like I wasn't involved in the process, giving me absolutely nothing. And then 2 still gave the non-player damage error.
    607 likes this.
  12. Sounds like issues are pretty frequent. Maybe crank up log verbosity on Marlix damage for a while? You'd be sure to catch a repro at this rate.

Perhaps Marlix isn't taking damage after all and it's just the final accounting that has some bad math? Sounds like Marlix is tracking how much damage it received from a non-player source. Is this initialized to zero and incremented? Or is it derived by MarixStartingHealth - Player Damage?

(I don't know the code, but I could imagine a few ways a programmer might implement this. Also you said there is a switch to prohibit the Marlix from taking guardian damage. Maybe log if the Marlix takes any non-player damage?)

Anyhow, good luck :) Not questioning your debugging skills at all, just offering some advice. That helps me sometimes if I can't find a bug.
    607 likes this.
  13. that counting is used for all mobs and its only marlix having issues. And the math formula is shown in the message you're all receiving :p mob max health - damage done by a player > mob max health / 2 to test for 50%.
    ShelLuser and DrMadFate like this.
  14. What if it is exactly 50%? If it's > and not => then that'd not let you have any loot if you did half? Not sure if that's how it's meant to be.
  15. Marlix will only not drop something when non-player damage > 50%. That means if it's <= 50%, it will drop stuff.
    607 likes this.
  16. Perhaps as a Temp. Fix of sorts you could give Gaurdian Skellies Swords instead of Bows to minimize the chances of marlix getting hit by a Gaurdian?
    QuilliamPenn likes this.
  17. Or just make them Wither Skeletons. That would make sense since Marlix supposedly comes from The Nether.

(Edit) I don't know why but it never works when I hit "Reply" anymore.
  18. Wither Skellies would have the Wither Effect, which would make them harder, taking away from Marlix being the "Big, Tough Boss"
    The way to bypass it woukd be Bows, and that would solve Nothing =P
    QuilliamPenn likes this.
  19. Same happened to me pal, I messaged Aikar about it already a week or so ago, not sure if it helped them out or not.
  20. Question instead of the enraged guardians having bows why not make them spawn with a sword instead that would fix the issue with them wanting to shoot the marlix.