Major Voting Improvements!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Yes, we have to be in top 10 for minecraft for a week. And that is just what we're missing.
  2. Er.. I just realized, I have a vote streak of 9 or 10 12 and I haven't gotten an emerald or a diamond.
  3. You have to reach a new high, you likely had higher than 12 in the past
  4. Ooooh, tricky tricky. :p I must search le rupee history. Is there a way to quickly check?
    EDIT: It seems to be 24, so on my 25th day I'll get a diamond, emerald, voucher, and boots?
  5. 1. What enchantments does the voters' gear have?
    2. Could you possibly do something to help with power outages? In a place where the grid goes down semi regularly, it would be impossible to get a decent sized streak. Could you possibly ask a staff member to preserve your streak if you are getting a huge storm soon?
  6. 1. http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/vote-streak-items/
    2. From what I've heard, it's not really worth the trouble of implementing something like that, if it comes to it, you can ask another member to vote for you over the time.
  7. That's not true, because they changed it so you'll only lose something like 4 days when you miss a day.
    boozle628 likes this.
  8. We are #7 on day 4 of 7, so if we keep voting, in-game promo is possible !
  9. Woot woot! I believe we dropped though one day.
  10. I hope noone is doing this for the promo.
    hashhog3000 and boozle628 like this.
  11. So far we have been between #4 and #7 each day in March.
    The promo is not the only reason, but it is a nice perk for the goal of top 10 for 7 days.
    QuarterStop likes this.
  12. Yea, I use to vote when i got a chance, but now i have more encouragement haha.
  13. I'm having now for a few days some issues with the voting streak.
    When I'm voting the next day, but 24h have not been past, the vote counts for yesterday :S
    I voted yesterday at 5:38 pm. Now I have voted ( 4:22 pm ) and the streak from yesterday continiues.
    I usually vote for each side ( for me and my alt ) so I'm losing now my streaks... :C
  14. Hmm,
    If you wait 30 more mins it will hit a 23 hour period and that next vote will give you the bonus.

That was part of a recent improvement to try to help people to get their bonus even when timezones are taking play.

You voted in less than 23 hours is the issue, so it gets tricky on how quick of succession do we allow getting new bonuses.

The new voting formulas look like this:

Code:
            if (timestamp - lastVote < (60*60*25)) {
                final EmpireUser user = EmpireUser.getUser(player);
                final Long lastBonus = user.getMeta(EmpireMetaKey.VOTE_LAST_BONUS).getLong();
                if (lastBonus == null || timestamp - lastBonus > (60*60*23)) {
                    voteRupees += 100;
                    voteRupees += Math.min(voteBonus++ * 10, 500);
                    if (voteBonus > voteMax) {
                        processRupeeBonus();
                        processItemBonus();
                    }
                    user.setMeta(EmpireMetaKey.VOTE_LAST_BONUS, timestamp);
               }
          } else if (lastVote < timestamp - (60 * 60 * 30)) { // 30 hour window before losing streak
                long daysMissed = (long) Math.floor((timestamp - lastVote) / (60 * 60 * 24));
                 voteBonus = Math.max(0, voteBonus - (2 + (2 * daysMissed)));
                 voteMissed = timestamp;
          }
    This means if you vote between 23-25 hours of your last bonus, you will get another bonus.
    Lukas3226 likes this.
  15. So 30 hours to keep a streak and 23-25 to raise it?
  16. Essentially yes.

I may be willing to lower it to 22 for increasing it, but it is encouraged to vote at 2 different periods of time during the day.
  17. If you could thats be easier for me lol. Any ideas on what the promo will be ;)
  18. We get promo nao..? :3 ..I just noticed that we are at like #7 on TopG.com..
  19. Ah okay, thanks for the quick response :)
    And minecraft-server.info isn't working, showing an error.
    paddy86788 likes this.
  20. I have the same problem as Lukas3226. It is near impossible for me to vote within a 2 hour window every day to raise my bonus. Also if you don't vote early (23 hours later) that window shifts to a later and later time (i.e. meaning after several days you have to vote between 2:00 am and 4:00 am in the morning). If the site register our vote in less than 24 hours, then why does that not count? Why does it have to be between 23 hours and 25 hours. What does that prevent? All of the voting sites keep you from voting too often. Half the sites allow you to vote every 12 hours and other half every 24 hours. Why can't it be if you vote within 30 hours of your last vote, then it raises your streak? Since the minimum of time between votes would be 12 hours (enforced by the voting sites), then some players if they time it exactly right might be able to vote twice every other day but I would think that would be rare.

Why would time zones even come into play? Aren't all times in GMT?
    607 likes this.