Lux (SMP3, 7419)

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Mando_Din_Djarin, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Hey, everyone. Just in case anyone would like to check it out, I'm recreating (and modifying) the Ocean Monument (without the interior rooms) using materials found in the Nether.

And, as a homage of sorts, I've started to call the 'Lava Monument' Lux, after the nightclub of the same name on Netflix's Lucifer (even have 9 'rings' of Netherrack underneath, ready to set on fire).

I'll have pictures of it (though it's not finished being built), along with my 16-furnace Super Smelter and the 6x6 kelp farm, up later today.

Update: Almost forgot the most important part. Lux's location is my res on SMP 3, res #7419
    Decay_ed, liamwill, LostGecko and 4 others like this.
  2. Here's a look at Lux so far (with the 9 netherrack rings on fire).

And a look at the Super Smelter (with a brief look at the 6x6 kelp farm in the background and the Acadia Vault off to the side).

Soon as Lux is completed (interior rooms included), I'll be back to working on my Farmland outpost.
    liamwill likes this.
  3. Since the last time I posted, I've been watching MC videos by Shulkercraft. In one of the videos was an auto-sorting machine.

That got me thinking of giving my Acadia Vault (seen on the left in the Super Smelter photo in my previous post) a major upgrade in the form of the aforementioned sorting machine.

So, on top of building Lux (which the 9 flaming Netherrack rings are being replaced with lava), I'll be upgrading the Acadia Vault with the sorting machine (already got a chest installed on the crop floor underneath Lux for crop harvests).
  4. I got the initial part of the Acadia Vault upgrade installed and working.

And, while building that upgrade and gathering the supplies for Lux's construction, I got the idea of building a tower where one of the Elder Guardians would be at (the 'throne room' and the 6 rooms immediately below it) and placing the symbol of the Deathly Hallows on the north side of the tower in magma blocks.

Soon as I get back onto the server (in Texas right now for a funeral), I'll get working on it.

UPDATE: I'll get a photo of the initial part of the Acadia Vault upgrade posted when I get home, along with an updated look at the exterior of Lux.
  5. The Acadia Vault upgrade is a bit of a mess, so I decided to wait on revealing it for later.

In the meantime, here's the view of the north side of Lux, complete with the Deathly Hallows symbol (done in Magma Blocks). Haven't decided on if I should put it on all sides of the tower or not.

liamwill likes this.
  6. Haven't done much work here at Lux, due to being focused on my Farmland outpost. But, thanks to EMC upgrading to 1.16.4, Lux is getting its own upgrade.

As you can see, I've planted 4 each of the Crimson & Warped Fungus on their respective Nylium. And, if you look closely, I also added Chiseled Nether Bricks as a 'border' to the stairs (and on the entryway). Considering mixing in Blackstone & Basalt materials, along with more Red Nether Bricks, to Lux's exterior.
    liamwill and wafflecoffee like this.
  7. Damn, haven't been here in a bit. Anyway, got the idea in my head for a major overhaul of Lux by clearing everything out from underneath and setting things up for a shop that's supplied by the crops acquired in my Farming Tower & Melon/Pumpkin farm on my outpost (though I may add things from my other farms once I give them a 'mega' upgrade, like the mega iron farm I mentioned in my Farmland thread).

Right now the changes made was removing the pyramid portion of the 'Deathly Hallows' tower (seen in the previous post) to construct a res-wide platform (to set up the upcoming shop and 'future' auto-crop farms to fill up the shop's stock) and adding a Donations chest behind the stairs into Lux for anyone who would like to donate unwanted items (thumbs up and virtual cookies if the donated items are ones obtained from the Nether).

You guys are more than welcome to swing by Lux to take a look at the upper parts of the res (residence address is in the opening post).
  8. Is Lux going to be a nightclub?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. I wish :D

I like the Lucifer series and, with my res being Nether-themed, figured on paying tribute to the series by calling it Lux
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. Been a while since I been here and a few things have changed with Lux. For starters, I replaced the top of the central tower with a res-wide area that is slated to be my shop. Underneath the build itself, I started work on digging up all of the dirt down to the bedrock. Once done, I'll have perimeter walls made out of Nether Bricks and deciding on what kind of flooring I want. The space will have automated crop farms, trading hall, a small industrial furnace and a few other things to be decided on at a later date.

I'll have some photos to share once I get on the server later.
  11. To expedite the dirt-clearing process, I dropped a 2-Beacon system at the very bottom of my res. So, for the time being, I'm running with Haste II & Mining Speed II effects in play, along with a netherite shovel and a crapload of shulker boxes to store the dirt in. And, should my shovel get close to breaking completely, I just take it over to SMP7's Gold/XP farm and kill some Zombified Pigmen until it's repaired.

Which reminds me... anyone want some dirt?
  12. Well, tashook me a while to do it, but I got rid of all the dirt down to bedrock (and picked up some Emeralds via trading in Rotten Flesh from SMP7's Gold/XP Farm).

For those who are in need of offloading some Rotten Flesh, do swing by Lux. I got 10 Master Clerics hard at work (though, there are plans for a fully staffed Trading hall in the future) and the beginnings of a shop (though, all I got are Horse Spawn Eggs & Nether Wart Blocks). The aforementioned Trading Hall, when complete, will take up the entire 'lobby' area of Lux (so, be on the lookout for that).

And, below Lux, I'm putting in a lava wall, along with covering the bedrock with lava (and putting up Orange Stained Glass to hold back the lava). There, I should have a few farms going in the future (excluding a Lava Farm, got that stashed away behind the Deathly Hallows symbol in the tower).

Above the tower will be the actual shop itself, equipped with a sorting system and a Shulker Unloader for me to drop off the items that I'm selling (and gathered at the Farmland outpost). Lots of things to accomplish this year, so keep an eye open.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  13. Welp, after a long time of not showing some of my things off, I'm back at it :p. Let's show off the improvements, shall we?

As you can see, Lux now has Nether guards in Gold Armor (though three of them are currently headless).

Another view of the guards, along with a solution to the 'overcrowding' of Zombie Pigmen heads I have in my collection.

To 'drum up' more visitors to my residence, I added what you see in the above 3 photos. The first one is 10 Master Clerics, so for those with an overabundance of Rotten Flesh, feel free to trade them for Emeralds on my res.

The second one is the beginnings of my shop, though as you can see, the selection is very sparse.

The final one is a 64-cauldron Lava Farm.

One of the big things I wanted to do to Lux was what is seen in the above photo (though the floor still needs lava). Lava walls & matching floor, encased in Orange Stained Glass.

More work to be done and more to show off in the future.
  14. Hey, I release my album with the label 'Lux'. :)
    A friend once (mostly unplanned) told us about the Netflix show, and I think I might have seen a bit of it on someone's tablet in the train.
    Good luck with the build!
  15. The work on putting in the Lava Floor & encasing it (and the Walls) in Orange Stained Glass is coming along at a decent pace (having to stop and refill buckets with Lava does take some time, especially when getting it from the Nether and building platforms so you don't take a lava bath).

Did remember to mention that, behind the staircase where my guards are at, is a hole (with a TARDIS banner beside it) that leads into the underground portion of my res. Did just start work on putting in a staircase for it, so got that added onto my Lava Floor project. Soon as that's done, I'll be heading back to my main outpost and build another Iron Farm (or maybe add onto the one I already got up) for more Iron in making Hoppers for my Shop's sorting & storage system.
  16. Not so much an update to Lux, but an expansion of sorts. After getting Gold Supporter, I claimed a Utopia res to turn into a workshop for all players to use. Once completed, it'll have 3 different 64 furnace arrays (1 Smoker for food, 1 Blast Furnace for Ores & 1 Furnace for other smeltable items), a potion lab, workstations & a kelp farm for conversion to furnace array fuel (via dried kelp blocks).

So, keep an eye on /v 5816 on Utopia for the opening of The Devil's Workshop.
  17. Changed it up a bit over at The Devil's Workshop. Instead of the furnace arrays mentioned above, I'm using a K1 Inc design, but with 1/8th of the furnaces (8 each of Smoker, Blast Furnace & Furnace).

But the BIG change is that I'm working on gathering the supplies required for a 2:1 ratio build of the Razor Crest from the Disney+ Star Wars series 'The Mandalorian'. Meaning that, in the near future, Utopia will have another Star Wars vehicle parked on it.