Losing Everything.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EnderMagic1, Jun 24, 2018.

1. I'm right with you man, I'm trying to get my computer fixed but it's been a while since I've been able to log on and I'm not even sure if all mu residences are still there. I'm voting and everything but it is really stressful. I suggest saving a tab for the voting website on your phone, it takes me less than 30 seconds to vote so I don't have to get to a computer and login, saving free time
    RainbowPony, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  2. I went derelict back in... 2016, I believe. At the time, I didn't quite understand how the derelict system worked (ways that I could keep my res safe while unable to get on) so I lost just about everything I owned. It was rather frustrating, and I was upset that all of my months of hard work had dissapeared.

As I calmed down though, I realized that this was just a chance to start out fresh. Build a better mansion, discover new ways to earn rupees, and make new friends!

It can be difficult to restart, but with a bit of effort and determination, you can make something even better than what you had before. If you need anything, I would love to help :)
  3. I wonder, in a case like this where a player has unintentionally allowed this to happen and wants to play again but does not want to start over, what it would cost in effort to restore a Residence from server backups from some point just before it was claimed by the system?

Theoretically, the OP could have purchased Derelict Protection for his four Residences and left the server temporarily like he did(or forever) and still kept them, so it seems reasonable to think he should be able to pay a similar amount to restore one or more of them from the Recycle Bin.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  4. Not related to EnderMagic1's situation...
    It should be the opposite. Older to newer, because what ends up happening the algorithm leaves the older ones. I've seen over a year derelict residences. EMC isn't hitting many new members like it used to, back then it would have made sense but not in our current standings. But hey, just a suggested fix, right?

In other news, EnderMagic I got some backup promos that you missed. Free of charge. Just let me know when you can receive them.
  5. Did you decide to attempt to come back to EMC? It'd be cool to see you in game again!
    607 likes this.
  6. I’d offer you help on six but um six is dead