Loot tables & Custom Items

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ThaKloned, May 8, 2020.

1. I just wanted to see if we could get some info on loot tables when using certain custom items and enchantments while fighting mobs.

From the wiki:
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot:
    Witch's Gem:
    Luck attribute and loot tables

• Certain Custom Items carry luck.
    • The luck attributeapplies to:
      • Fishing treasure
      • Loot chests (which cannot be broken, and can refill)
      • Custom Mobs and their loot bonuses
        • Factored in per attack on not based on luck carried upon the mob's death
        • This logic also applies to the looting enchantment. The effects of having both looting and luck stacks.

Just a few questions:

#1. If using a weapon with fire damage on it, like Fire Aspect II on sword or Flame on a bow, does this lower the chances of custom drops since technically the player is not damaging the mob, instead the fire is.

#2. If fire damge is not player damage and obvisouly the player needs to deal damage to get the custom mob drops... does the player need to do 100% damage to get the best chance at custom items or is it just the kill itself? For example I'm running around the waste and see an Enraged Zombie. I start shooting it with my Voters bow which has Flame I on it. If fire damage is not considered player damge but I make the final blow that kills the mob, is this the same drop chance as dealing 100% of the damge?

#3. I assume they are, but are mob heads included as custom mob drops on the looting table? If they are included, does Witch's Gem AND a Lucky Rabbit's Foot stack and increase the odds even more?

#4. Is it public knowledge (or can it be) what the head drop rates are? It seems some are very different. Is it the same rate for all or maybe some have a higher chance given difficulty?

For example I've killed a few 100 Phantoms and was able to get 6-7 heads out of it. Then I've killed maybe 700 dolphins and nothing has dropped. The situations are obvisouly different since one is in the air and the other in the water. Just seems odd to not have one drop yet. Could being in the water be an issue? I don't get any low risk detection messages or anything so it's just puzzling. Of the 2 you'd think dolphins would drop more since they would be much easier to deal with then Phantoms.

I'd tried out many ways and I really didn't notice any difference whether I used a Witch's Gem or Lucky Rabbit's foot alone, together or none at all. There wasn't any clear advantage in drop rates that I could see. You'd think having Looting III, a Witch's Gem (+2 to Luck) and a Lucky Rabbit's Foot (+25% Luck), you would see a difference.

I know chicken was in chat last week mentioning potentially looking into drops rates, etc. once the server stablility is steady, so I understand there are other things on the plate right now. Just wanted to see if we were able to get some info in the mean time.
  2. I’ve used a tier 4 gem on head rabbit foot in off hand Using a consumable rabbit foot and looting 4 and have gotten rare drops from custom mobs everytime
  3. Custom drops yes, but not a head everytime? This is the info I am looking for.

-------------------------------------

The wiki for Lucky Rabbit's Foot also mentioned: 'higher Player Settings can reduce this effect' when talking about it's +25% luck boost. So what setting does this begin to lower?
  4. What combination of items could give you the highest possibly drops like rabbit foot plus the consumable version plus pot of gold with a witches gem fur armor and a presidential pen?
  5. Thank you for asking that questions - I'm also ineterested.
    I've tried to get a fox head - witches gem on the head, fur armor, witches gem in the left hand, tried both looting 3 and presidential pen - and I've killed more than 600 foxes to get one, and then another 600 and didn't get another.

If head drop chance would be 1/40, then the chance to not get a head is 39/40, and the chance to not get one head in 600 tries is (39/40)^600 = 0.000000252, that's cca. 1 in 4 million, that means no heads in one in almost 4 millions of batches of 600 consecutive tries.
    I don't feel that unlucky! ;)
    After that experience I'm inclined to ask if those "luck" items are buggy and are instead decreasing the probability.

If head drop rates will get tweaked then it would be waste of time to try to get heads before that happens.
    TomvanWijnen and ThaKloned like this.
  6. Didn't see this thread till today. Will monitor this subforum more often...

The answer to the questions presented here... are going to be disappointing. Because I may not know the full answer and lengthy research is required on the matter. I do plan on altering drop rates to be more possible in the near-future at which time I will learn that part of the code.

A quick look though. Would indicate that fire shouldn't effect drops positively or negatively. So it isn't hurting the luck/looting score.

different forms of luck should count towards the luck score. And stack together. Although it is worth noting, that there is a suspected bug with the attribute based luck things. That they don't "stack" properly. But that is a rabbit hole of itself - on my list to look at this summer.

Drop rates are meaningless to me right now. Because they are processed through various formulas which may have a bug. Animal head drops are very very low. It is possible this low rate is causing issues with the system making it not actually calculating properly. I won't know till I throw a couple days at it debugging.

As for difficulty. It is important to remember that "effective difficulty" is what matters. Meaning risk detection could play a roll. Although I think risk detection should be disabled for non-monsters.
    The difficulty matters more for determining whether the items can drop. Not whether they should drop.
    The code has a hard limit against any custom drops if the effective difficulty is 1 or 2. So 5 is safe.

I think this addresses the larger questions. I plan on improving the drop rates - so I would discourage investing a lot of time into trying to get mob head drops for the time being, unless you can't wait for me to beef up the values.
  7. I was on diff 7 all the time while trying to get fox heads. It's virtually impossible.
    At the same time I get cow / mooshroom heads on a regular basis, I guess around every 40 kills with normal looting III and without any special luck items nor effects.
  8. That might be true. The code makes it look like they have the same drop for cows vs foxes. Until I throw days worth of time at this - I won't know what is happening.
    Both are labeled as a base drop percentage of 0.5%
  9. Thanks chickeneer, appreciate the info. Hopefully it doesn't cause you a massive amount of work.
  10. I'm usually on diff 5 most of the time when head hunting. When I started with the new heads I got a red fox head almost immediately but not another since. Maybe was just super lucky. No luck for other things though lol Just ask wither how many dolphins we killed lol
  11. Unrelated. But last night I found the issue with elder guardian head dropping. Next update will fix that. They will have the same drop rates as momentus/eyender/etc.
    luckycordel and ThaKloned like this.
  12. A-mazing! Thanks for that. :)
  13. I hope this isn't a thread that has already been replaced, but it's hard finding this stuff. I've been out of the game quite a bit lately. But my last efforts on EMC was catching up on my head collection. I'm wondering if there is more information and if the OP was answered. Do Elder Guardians in fact drop heads now? I've killed probably over 300 or so and still don't have a head. But this is mostly from when I believe they were broken.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. They drop them.

15. To add onto this thread. I know chicken talked about the luck stacking broken right now, and from what I can till this is true. Ive been killing mobs on diff 10 with tons of different items such as witch gem, rabbit foot, with loot 3 and with loot 4. It seems like luck doesn't stack and in fact when having rabbit foot in hand and gem on head it gives you less drops (which makes me think luck is focused on hand item first?) vs with just a witch gem.
    VoidDistortion and ChumMiner like this.
  16. Sorry to bump this again, but I've got a feeling that head drop rates are messy again. I hope I'm wrong. Some regular passive mobs don't seem to be dropping at normal rates right now. But the new mobs are dropping EMC custom heads at a very normal rate. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything. I'm probably the only guy trying to collect heads right now anyway.
    ThaKloned and FadedMartian like this.
  17. Yea the creeper farm I use that I would get 2 stacks of heads in an hour now I get almost none and I've always used it on diff 5
    ChumMiner likes this.